Exchange Server 5.5 Help #2

Hello,

Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
internet mail connector.

Thank You
0
leo7802 (9)

leo7802@hotmail.com (Leo) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
>than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
>off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
>internet mail connector.
>
>Thank You

Out Of Office messages are configured on the client but are effective
even if the users pc is disconnected from the network or switched off.
What problem do you think you're having?

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
4/11/2004 4:43:00 AM
If you're using POP or IMAP, try MAPI.  Or upgrade to Exchange 2003, where
the user can configure Out Of Office through Outlook Web Access.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Leo" <leo7802@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
> than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
> off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
> internet mail connector.
>
> Thank You

0
curspice1 (113)
4/11/2004 6:56:00 AM
Currently the client is using SMTP/POP to send and receive emails. I
have set a rule on outlook/outlook express for it to send out of
office reply when new mails are received. The rule will not work when
outlook/outlook express is off. Must the client be connected as
microsoft mail or microsoft exchange server in order for the out of
office to work even if the client's machine is offline?

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<45jh70lvhvnli6qkhjvj69q558d5m9krvm@4ax.com>...
> leo7802@hotmail.com (Leo) wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
> >than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
> >off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
> >internet mail connector.
> >
> >Thank You
>
> Out Of Office messages are configured on the client but are effective
> even if the users pc is disconnected from the network or switched off.
> What problem do you think you're having?
>

> Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm
0
leo7802 (9)
4/11/2004 3:16:16 PM
Replying can be done by either client or server. In order for server to
reply rule should be server-side, and to create such rule you need
Outlook in Corp/Workgroup mode (Exchange Server service).

Leo wrote:

> Currently the client is using SMTP/POP to send and receive emails. I
> have set a rule on outlook/outlook express for it to send out of
> office reply when new mails are received. The rule will not work when
> outlook/outlook express is off. Must the client be connected as
> microsoft mail or microsoft exchange server in order for the out of
> office to work even if the client's machine is offline?
>

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<45jh70lvhvnli6qkhjvj69q558d5m9krvm@4ax.com>...
>
>>leo7802@hotmail.com (Leo) wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
>>>than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
>>>off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
>>>internet mail connector.
>>>
>>>Thank You
>>
>>Out Of Office messages are configured on the client but are effective
>>even if the users pc is disconnected from the network or switched off.
>>What problem do you think you're having?
>>

>>Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
>>FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
>>http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm
0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Exchange Cluster

Help please with simple chart
I used to Excel, but am a newbie with charts. Am using Excel version 5.0a In connection with a Process, I am recording liquid levels in mls at various times during the day. As a spreadsheet sample, column A, day. column b, time. column c quantity in mls. a1 Day b1 Time c1 mls a2 Mon b2 8:00 c2 225 b3 10:30 c3 100 b4 11:45 c4 100 b5 13:30 c5 120 b6 16:30 c6 200 a7 Tues etc etc Using Chart Wizard I have managed to create the bar chart, but I am stumped on how to get it to show the results. On the vertical left hand side I want mls in vertical bars, a...

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

Exchange / POP3

Can anyone help me to print?
Ok, granted I'm a computer moron, but this is ridiculous! I've created and saved several Microsoft Publisher files and went to create a new one today, and cannot get the darn thing to print! I've gone through every step of the Publisher Troubleshoot process and can't get my newly created flyer to print! I've tried removing the graphic, cleaning out hard drive space, printing another file (just fine). Can't think of anything else to do to get my new file to print, after spending all this time creating it! Of course I have no current software tech support ...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Shift Roster on Excel, pls help
Who can help me to auto generate roster on excel, it is very complicate...pls help... 1) bill date (5, 7, 11, 14, 17, 21, 25 and end of month) need to 6 day 3 night, but if Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday need to 2 day 2 night 2) non bill date only need to 6 day 2 night staff 3) non bill date if Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday need to 2 day and 1 night 4) if on Friday, need to 5 day 3 night 5) on shift staff, each staff need to have 1 double off on roster and one Saturday off, two Sun off another 2 off on weekend, they cannot continuous more then 5 days work and cannot last ...

help with RAND
I have the following formula: =RAND()*(100-50)+50 How can I force it to return a whole number? I'm creating worksheets for kids and I'm getting: 85+31=115 I have the cell attributes set to no decimals but I'm guessing the SUM formula is still grabbing the full random numbers and rounding up or down. While I'm on the subject, are there worksheets already created and available for download somewhere. I'm teaching grandkids math skills. thanks! "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:ufAFM#G1DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have the fo...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

80 quiz lyrics spreadsheet #2
Alan, Rojee, Thank you. As it happens, following rebuilds of my PC, I 'lost' th spreadsheet I has somewhere along the way. No doubt an email or tw will come up trumps. With any luck I'll get back to you in a couple of days. Mar -- mday3 Perpetual traveller - enjoying lif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mday36's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=683 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26146 ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

SQL Server 2008
Hi: I realize that these newsgroups are mostly for technical discussions. So, if it's more appropriate to point me to another site for answers to the questions that I'm about to ask, then please do so. I just learned that there is going to be a SQL Server 2008. I am a certified DBA (MCITP) for SQL Server 2005. Will there be an exam upgrade path from 2005 to 2008? Does anyone out there have any certification information for 2008, even though 2008 is not out yet? Will the SQL Server 2005 MCITP certification expire anytime soon? More importantly, will there be compatibility ...

Excel help!
What statement would I use if I want to search a exce data base and find all rows that have "X" in one colum. I want to take those rows that contain "X" and copy the entire row into another excel document. Any ideas? -- Todd good question huh? -- Todd "Toddmend" wrote: > What statement would I use if I want to search a exce data base and find all > rows that have "X" in one colum. I want to take those rows that contain "X" > and copy the entire row into another excel document. Any ideas? > -- > Todd I'd apply Da...

Directory Permissions 5.5
Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory (c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 Thanks DU "uelman" <nospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory >(c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 IIRC, it's inherited from the root domain. In most cases that means the Everyone group has full control. Defaults aren't adequate. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm is it wise to have the everyone group with full control, i'm nervous giv...

Pivot Table #5
Dear Reader, I got a block of data in Excel - sheet 1 (26 columns by 806 rows). I try to create a pivot table on sheet 2 BUT whenever I try to add more objects to the layout I receive the following error: "MS Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items drag at least one row or column item off the pivot table, or to the page position..." What can I do to display all the data? Please help, this is rather urgent! Thanks From a post by Tom Ogilvy: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157486 XL97: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 97 (Q15748...

Problems between two Exchange Servers