Exchange Server 2007 and Domain Controllers

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if I have to install Exchange Server 2007 on a
AD Domain Controller, or can it be installed on a member server?  I have a
Windows 2008 Server that is a member server in a Windows 2003 Active
Directory network that I'm looking to install Exchange 2007 on.

Also, could someone tell me if there are any articles out there that will
help me install my Exchange 2007 in the same domain as an existing Exchange
2003 Server (running on Windows 2000 Server)?  I'm looking to install the
new Exchange 2007 as a new server (new name) and migrate the users from the
Exchange 2003 Server over to the new Exchange 2007 Server (then remove the
Exchange 2003 Server from the network).  I was hoping to get some directions
on doing this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
William

0
Bill

Hi,
You would be best off installing Exchange 2007 on a member server NOT a domain controller. The series of articles here explain the transition from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 in some depth.
http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/migration-deployment/practical-look-migrating-exchange-2003-exchange-2007-part1.html
0
Paul

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets not working (MSPS 2007)
When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets. I only see timesheeets once they are submitted for approval. I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can not see any unsubmitted timesheets. Any help? Bug? Gary You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will not see anything in My Resources ...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

SQL Server 2008
Hi: I realize that these newsgroups are mostly for technical discussions. So, if it's more appropriate to point me to another site for answers to the questions that I'm about to ask, then please do so. I just learned that there is going to be a SQL Server 2008. I am a certified DBA (MCITP) for SQL Server 2005. Will there be an exam upgrade path from 2005 to 2008? Does anyone out there have any certification information for 2008, even though 2008 is not out yet? Will the SQL Server 2005 MCITP certification expire anytime soon? More importantly, will there be compatibility ...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the Outlook.pst file residing in the Offline Files folder. Any ideas? DakkonA <Nicholas.Bauer@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my > Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some > reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the > Outlook.pst file residing in the Offli...

antigen on exchange #2

SMTP Relay Server and Mail Aliases
Hi! I have front-end and back-end Exchange. I do not want that my front-end Exchange has SMTP relay functionality. I want to deploy a SMTP relay server in DMZ. My problem is: This SMTP relay server is not a member of my Exchnage AD domain and does not know about mail aliases in my Exchange domain. I do not want that I open additional ports on firewall which is between my Exchange domain and SMTP mail relay. My question is: How can I inform that SMTP relay server knows about all mail aliases on my Exchange domain? Best Regards Mustafa "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microso...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Outlook 2007 Editor...I want to cry...
I just installed Office 2007 today only to discover that I'm now stripped all the efficiencies I've developed with years of crafting Word marcros and assigning them to keys of MY choosing. While I was impressed that the install retained my search folders, custom colorization and the like, I find this single ABOMINATION enough reason to reinstall ALL OF Office 2003. I am thunderstruck at the idiocy of hobbling those experienced users who have embraced - and evangelized! - Microsoft technology including sharing macros with co-workers, etc. As relates to my use of Outlook this ...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...