Exchange Server 2003 Store has exceded its limit but we want to up

We have a SBS 2003 SP1 using Exchange Server 2003 SP1 and the exchange server
best practices analyizer has a message that the store has exceded its limit.
We ran the tool to begin our upgrade to SP2.

Although we have exceded SP1 store limits, can we upgrade to SP2 without
reducing the mailbox store?

The mailbox store is mounted and we are currently sending and receiving
email.  A few days ago we exceded the limit and reduce the size to under
15GB.  The normal maintenance and backups have occured.

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:01:02 -0700, Ed Podowski
<EdPodowski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a SBS 2003 SP1 using Exchange Server 2003 SP1 and the exchange server
>best practices analyizer has a message that the store has exceded its limit.
>We ran the tool to begin our upgrade to SP2.
>
>Although we have exceded SP1 store limits, can we upgrade to SP2 without
>reducing the mailbox store?
>
>The mailbox store is mounted and we are currently sending and receiving
>email.  A few days ago we exceded the limit and reduce the size to under
>15GB.  The normal maintenance and backups have occured.

You certainly can go to SP2.
Remember that you only get 18GB by default and you need to do the reg
edits to take it up.
0
mark7219 (5667)
4/30/2006 8:15:17 PM
Mark,

Thank you for responding.

We upgraded the client's Exchange Server to SP2, editited the registry to
increase to 26GB.  Everything went well.  No problems.

Ed Podowski

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:01:02 -0700, Ed Podowski
> <EdPodowski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We have a SBS 2003 SP1 using Exchange Server 2003 SP1 and the exchange server
> >best practices analyizer has a message that the store has exceded its limit.
> >We ran the tool to begin our upgrade to SP2.
> >
> >Although we have exceded SP1 store limits, can we upgrade to SP2 without
> >reducing the mailbox store?
> >
> >The mailbox store is mounted and we are currently sending and receiving
> >email.  A few days ago we exceded the limit and reduce the size to under
> >15GB.  The normal maintenance and backups have occured.
>
> You certainly can go to SP2.
> Remember that you only get 18GB by default and you need to do the reg
> edits to take it up.

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

store item quantity
hi can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store in hq database. thanks ItemDynamics -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6817D99-2062-43A8-9CC4-65D7EB17360B@microsoft.com... > hi > can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store > in > hq database. > thanks thank you ryan ,i got it "Ryan @ R...

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash.
In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want to use a horizontal line. You can do this with an EQ \f field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "adcodingmaster" <adcodingmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9269E403-DE1E-4BCF-A523-89041E2D9CDB@microsoft.com... > In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want > to > use a horizontal line. > ...

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

SQL Server 2008
Hi: I realize that these newsgroups are mostly for technical discussions. So, if it's more appropriate to point me to another site for answers to the questions that I'm about to ask, then please do so. I just learned that there is going to be a SQL Server 2008. I am a certified DBA (MCITP) for SQL Server 2005. Will there be an exam upgrade path from 2005 to 2008? Does anyone out there have any certification information for 2008, even though 2008 is not out yet? Will the SQL Server 2005 MCITP certification expire anytime soon? More importantly, will there be compatibility ...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2