Exchange rules #2

Is there an way I could set rules on the exchange server which would
then apply to all the client 2000/2003. The example in question is a
folder named Spam and any email with the header spam should be moved
to the spam folder.
0
quakesh (3)

You could export the rules to a file that could be imported into other
Outlook clients.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"Jose" <quakesh@msn.com> wrote in message
> Is there an way I could set rules on the exchange server which would
> then apply to all the client 2000/2003. The example in question is a
> folder named Spam and any email with the header spam should be moved
> to the spam folder.

0
nospam6185 (535)
11/6/2004 2:46:54 AM
Hey Michael,

Is there any way to distribute these rules throughout the organization? A
global server side rule of sort. Also, with the creation of a rule would it
be possible to automate the creation of an inbox subfolder as well?

Idealy what we are looking on doing is this:

Create a subfolder in each mailbox named 'SPAM'
Create a rule for each user designating each message that matches a specific
criteria to go to the 'SPAM' folder.

Course, no one wants to have to go to each individual mailbox to do this. A
suggestion as to how to automate this process would be great.

Thanks

"Michael Abbaticchio[MVP]" wrote:

> You could export the rules to a file that could be imported into other
> Outlook clients.
>
> --
>
> regards,
> Michael Abbaticchio
> MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server
> http://exchange.mvps.org
>

> "Jose" <quakesh@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Is there an way I could set rules on the exchange server which would
> > then apply to all the client 2000/2003. The example in question is a
> > folder named Spam and any email with the header spam should be moved
> > to the spam folder.

0
PA (98)
11/9/2004 5:04:08 PM
Exmerge can export server side rules.  I never tried to import the rules
into a different mailbox, but I imagine if that works, you could rig
something up with the exmerge ini file.

--

"P A" <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey Michael,
>
> Is there any way to distribute these rules throughout the organization? A
> global server side rule of sort. Also, with the creation of a rule would
> it
> be possible to automate the creation of an inbox subfolder as well?
>
> Idealy what we are looking on doing is this:
>
> Create a subfolder in each mailbox named 'SPAM'
> Create a rule for each user designating each message that matches a
> specific
> criteria to go to the 'SPAM' folder.
>
> Course, no one wants to have to go to each individual mailbox to do this.
> suggestion as to how to automate this process would be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Michael Abbaticchio[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You could export the rules to a file that could be imported into other
>> Outlook clients.
>>
>> --
>>
>> regards,
>> Michael Abbaticchio
>> MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server
>> http://exchange.mvps.org
>>

>> "Jose" <quakesh@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there an way I could set rules on the exchange server which would
>> > then apply to all the client 2000/2003. The example in question is a
>> > folder named Spam and any email with the header spam should be moved
>> > to the spam folder.

0
nospam6185 (535)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

Validation Rule 06-02-07
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this validation rule: >L<CCCCCCCCCCCC which means first letter with be capital and the rest lower case, but i want to enter Blahblha-Blah (ie another uppercase letter), I can't figure out how to make my validation rule allow this. Can anyone help me? Hamzah On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:13:57 GMT, "M. Hamzah Khan" <hamzah@hamzahkhan.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I was wondering if anyone can help me with this validation rule: >>L<CCCCCCCCCCCC which means first letter with be capital and the rest &g...

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

Exchange / POP3

can't send/receive #2
Help! I have Comcast and am trying to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook. I set the parameters according to Comcast directives. When I send the message hangs in the Outbox. When I click on Send/Receive" I get "Operation Failed". Any suggestions?? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:36:34 -0500, Joe & Eileen wrote: > Help! I have Comcast and am trying to switch from Outlook Express to > Outlook. I set the parameters according to Comcast directives. When I send > the message hangs in the Outbox. When I click on Send/Receive" I get > "Operation Fa...

Internet Zone Rule, Software Restriction Policy
As we know there is a GPO names Software Restriction Policy and have for types of rules : certificate , path , hash , zone Has anyone try and successful about zone rule ? I create a rule for `Internet` zone and set the security level `disallowed` . But when i try downloading an msi package or run a program from a site that is categorized as internet zone , nothing happens . That rule does not work , dunno why ? Anyone has seen an issue like this or any idea ? thank you Which OS and IE version ??? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requ...

virus attacks against Exchange

In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash.
In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want to use a horizontal line. You can do this with an EQ \f field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "adcodingmaster" <adcodingmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9269E403-DE1E-4BCF-A523-89041E2D9CDB@microsoft.com... > In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want > to > use a horizontal line. > ...

Exchange 2003 #5

80 quiz lyrics spreadsheet #2
Alan, Rojee, Thank you. As it happens, following rebuilds of my PC, I 'lost' th spreadsheet I has somewhere along the way. No doubt an email or tw will come up trumps. With any luck I'll get back to you in a couple of days. Mar -- mday3 Perpetual traveller - enjoying lif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mday36's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=683 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26146 ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Outlook Rules #6
I have a problem with my rules. All of them appear to be corrupt. The conditions used to create them are greyed out in the Rules Wizard. When I try to fix them or even to add new rules I get an error message that says: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Even when I delete all rules, they come back the next time Outlook is started. Is there a way to delete everything and start over? I have all of the latest patches and the Repair Outlook function has been run many times. Thanks to anyone who can help. ...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

Automatic Formatting Rules Disappear
My Outlook 2007 Calendar autoformatting color rules keep disappearing. I set the rule in the auto formatting window, the condition, etc and hit ok. The labels change to the correct color label. However, when I click on Mail and then come back to Calendar or close Outlook and then come back to the calendar, the rules are gone. The color is gone from the labels and the rule has disappeared. I can't get them to remain! What am I doing wrong? Sharon;64369 Wrote: > My Outlook 2007 Calendar autoformatting color rules keep disappearing. > I set the rule in the auto formatting window, th...

antigen on exchange #2