Exchange restore and recent file

Hello,
I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use
"setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM..
The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more
recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for
all..
I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3
after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ...

Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange
works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore..

Thanks for helping me...

0
user243 (4)

You can safely overwrite the files as long as you bring the server to the
same service pack and hotfix level that it was prior to the /disaster
recovery install.

--
Jared Gradle
Exchange Support Professional

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

"news.microsoft.com" <user@home.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i
use
> "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM..
> The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more
> recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for
> all..
> I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3
> after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ...
>
> Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange
> works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore..
>
> Thanks for helping me...

0
jaredg (55)

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Post to GL vs Post Through GL Files
Ok.....a stupid question here. What exactly is the difference is having the boxes checked to Post to GL and Post Through GL Files? Is there any problem with having one vs the other or both of them checked? I would assume that not having the Post Through GL will require you to post each batch to the GL. I am surprised that you can have both boxes checked. In that instance, I am uncertain what would happen. Normally, you would have only one of the boxes checked. (You could also have none of the boxes checked if you don't want to post to the GL. For example, you might unmark these s...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

Duplicate files
I am getting duplicate transactions in my bank accounts. I will create checks or download info from my bank. The next time I open money 2004 I will have duplicate transactions. This happens 3 or 4 times for every transaction. They will not delete either. I have to mark them as void to just find out what my balance really is. When I balance an account, it doesn't even recognize these transactions as being there, but it does show them. If anyone has the same problems I would love to hear how you fixed it or do I have some new virus? In microsoft.public.money, Frank G wrote: ...

Just Recently as soon as I gotten the new update about my Sound de
Just Recently as soon as I gotten the new update about my Sound device Realtek, My sound stopped working, so I restarted the computer, the sound worked again. When I started to play my rendered videos in my Windows Media Player it stopped working, it didn't no more, please help On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:22:02 -0800, King Noi <King Noi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just Recently as soon as I gotten the new update about my Sound device >Realtek, My sound stopped working, so I restarted the computer, the sound >worked again. When I started to play my rendered ...

CArchive for reading binary files
Hello all, My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using CFile independently? The files are supplied by an external application and could have a large size (say larger than a 100 megs). My application just has to read from them and process the data. TIA Adeel Adeel wrote: > Hello all, > > My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated > with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using > CFile independently? > > The files ar...

Where is the "File" menu?
Hello, I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a header so I see these rows at the top of every page. So I google for instructions, and got many hits. One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup menu. Like this: File>Page setup But I don't even see the File menu. How can I get the File menu to be visble? -- Best regards Roberto You are looking at instructions for an older version of Excel than you have. Microsoft got rid of the menu bar in Excel 2007 and replaced it with the Ribbon... you w...

Error on opening file from taskbar
I am using Excel 2007 with Windows 7 on a ThinkPad X61. When I right-click the Excel icon on the TaskBar, and then click on any spreadsheet shown in the list I get the message "There was a problem sending the command to the program." The same error happens if I click on the same file from a folder view although I can easily open it via the Excel menus. As I really like this feature of Windows 7, it's a real annoyance. -- Richard I Morris Jr I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but I suppose it's worth a try: In Excel 2007, click the Office Button ...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

PST Files #5
I have a freind who uses outlook 2000. He is currently at about 400megs on the pst file. He can open outlook, he can read, sort, view and download more email. But the second he double clicks on an email to open it to respond..etc. Outlook locks up, window error message say... dangerously low on system resources. He is running 98 with the latest patches, 25 gig of free space on the hdd, and 512megs of ram. Im of the opinion that its just to large of a pst for the computer/os to handle. Ive had him clean it up, used to be 712megs in size. He was okay till about 2 weeks ago. No idea what ...

OT: VS.Net Opens Files across all 3 monitors. Fix?
Is there any way to get VS to open a file without spreading it all the way across all of my monitors? Thanks "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message news:reSef.21828$Zv5.8272@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > Is there any way to get VS to open a file without spreading it all the way > across all of my monitors? > > Thanks > Odd problem, mine works perfectly. What type of video cards and display drivers are you using? -- ============ Frank Hickman Microsoft MVP NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "Frank Hickma...

Exchange 5.5 Defragmentation
I Tried to run an offline defrag of the ispriv database after archiving 2 gigs of email but the defrag did not free any space. I then realized that this may be because I had recently changed the deleted item retention time to 7 days. I later learned that even if I lower the retention time the system needs to perform an online defrag for the setting to take effect. online defrag does not work because there is not enough room on the drive that the database resides on. Does anyone know a way for me to work around this? Online defrag does not need any additional disk space to run, sin...

Excel file
I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any hope of me recovering the Excel sheet I replaced?? Carice I think that, in your heart of hearts, you know the answer to this question, don't you ? Yes / NO / Don't Know Have you backed it up recently ? That's your only chance Regards Trevor "Carice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A17345-9395-4373-AC22-26C9B13DAF08@microsoft.com... > I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any ...

Importing accounts and transaction etc. from one money file to another
Is it possible to import accounts, transactions, categories etc. from one money file to another? My problem is that I have a money file which is protected with a file password (not .NET passport though) and I cannot seem to get rid of it. When trying to use the Password Manager to either assign og disable .NET Passport services for the given money file I always get the error message that the sign-in name is not associated with file. However, a sign-in name has never been associated with the file because it has only been protected by a single password (like i earlier version of money). Now ...

How to open 123 files with excel
A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert but not the 123 files. There is no filter that allows Excel to read .123 files. So you have to convert them to a format Excel can read using 1-2-3 or Conversions Plus from www.datawiz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jeff B 813" <Jeff B 813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6799DB18-8FC1-4D2D-999D-A10C7BFFD7A4@microsoft.com... |A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to | open thes...

Money File on Network
I have a wireless network and I have M2005 deluxe on my home computer and M2005 basic on my laptop. When I try to open the money file on my desktop computer from my laptop computer, it will not let me open the file. It says that it is read only and cannot be opened. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?? Thank You Make sure with, say, notepad, that you can save a file in the same shared folder from the client. There are lots of possibilities here. Many of them have nothing to do with Money. One other possibility comes to mind: are both machines at the same Money versi...

Question about how VB6 uses dependincy files
I seem to remember a discussion here about putting ocx and other files in the program folder instead of in the system folder and that the vb program would find them there. I was not able to find what I was looking for so thought that I would ask the experts here, to go over it again. I tried this once and it did not work and I moved the dependent files to the system folder, but I may have been trying to do it wrong. :-) Not unusual for me. 1) For instance if I put the sqlite dll in the program folder will the vb program look for it there first? If so will it load it for db use a...

Exchange 2003 FE & BE for Outgoing SMTP
With a front-end/back-end setup, our back-end sends outgoing SMTP mail. We've gotten a rejection message: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <OURSERVERNAME.FQDN #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your mail [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connection Rejected. Please contact your Dial-Up/DSL/Network ISP Provider. Default Reject!> Our back-end server sits on our internal network and is not publicly-accessible (having a private IP). So creating a reverse DNS entry is p...

How to recover data from OL2003 OST file when Exchange Server is no longer available
Hello After Exchange Server (in Windows Small Business Server 2003) is no longer available, I still have an OST file (created in OL 2003), just under 2 GB in size. Can one recover the data from this OST file? Thanks, David Yes, you can get the data out of it. Do you still have the exchange profile or very recently deleted it? if so, it's a matter of moving the stuff to a pst. If not, you need a tool - see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp and http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.asp for tools that you can use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] O...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Sending a file from the explorer
When I do a right click with my mouse on a file in the explorer, I can send it by mail. In farmer times using Outlook Express, this file was directly sended. Now I have to open my Outlook 2003 and I find the file in my drafts folder but not really send automatically. What can I do? Dumb question, but are you clicking the Send button on the message that appears? It would appear in Drafts only if you created the message but closed it without sending it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers...

Consolidation of Data from more than one worksheet file
I have my company inventory on 15 different excel 2003 worksheet files. Is there any way to consolidate those file and reports for each item? I do not want the Pivot Table way. Because the structure of the worksheets is not comfortable for that. Satya Nanduri Let's get the nomenclature down first a file is a workbook a worksheet or tab or sheet is the worksheet in the file. You need so specify the workbook(s) and also the worksheet(s) within each workbook. for each wb in workbooks worksheets("sourcesheetnamehere").copy somewhere next wb -- Don Guille...

pst file to Lotus Notes
We will be connecting to our Corporate office over a WAN. We are currently using Exchange Server locally. The Corporate office is using Lotus Notes. We will be using new computers with Lotus Notes installed, Outlook not installed. How can we incorporate our outlook pst file into Lotus Notes? If there is a way to do this, are there instructions available? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks ...

Cannot delete files in my local folders
Can anyone help ...

Error ID 9582 on Win2k Server w/Exchange 2003
Recently I updated my Win2k server w/Exchange 2003 with all the available security updates from WindowsUpdate. Now, I'm getting the dreaded 9582 error. I have downloaded, but not installed SP2 for Exchange 2003 yet. I can't do the /3GB switch becasue the box is Win2k Server. Will the Service Pack for Exchange help or do nothing? If nothing, what else can I look at? Thanks! Jonathan How much memory is installed? How many users? Have you run the ExBPA? If not, do so. There may be some other memory optimizations that you can do. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Re...