Exchange OWA

Hi all, does someone has a clue about this one;

We installed OWA for Exchange 2007 and everything seems to work just fine,
but some account comes with login problems using OWA. It repeadetly reports
that username and password are wrong (i also tried domain\username), but the
strange thing is that it's no problem to logon to the domein using the same
username and password. I have also used the credentials to setup Outlook
connecting to the same Exchange server....just fine! Other account do work
trough OWA. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

0
Tim

What happens if you use the UPN?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Tim Roelands" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, does someone has a clue about this one;
>
> We installed OWA for Exchange 2007 and everything seems to work just fine,
> but some account comes with login problems using OWA. It repeadetly
> reports that username and password are wrong (i also tried
> domain\username), but the strange thing is that it's no problem to logon
> to the domein using the same username and password. I have also used the
> credentials to setup Outlook connecting to the same Exchange
> server....just fine! Other account do work trough OWA. Anyone got any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Ed
11/15/2009 9:57:02 PM
Try to uncheck user must change password at next login if it was checked

"Tim Roelands" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, does someone has a clue about this one;
>
> We installed OWA for Exchange 2007 and everything seems to work just fine,
> but some account comes with login problems using OWA. It repeadetly
> reports that username and password are wrong (i also tried
> domain\username), but the strange thing is that it's no problem to logon
> to the domein using the same username and password. I have also used the
> credentials to setup Outlook connecting to the same Exchange
> server....just fine! Other account do work trough OWA. Anyone got any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
AhmadM

connect address book to shared contacts in exchange
I am attempting to get windows address book (wab.exe) to connect to our exchange server and search through the shared contacts folder. i have a connection to the server and it works when searching through all the domains users. i can't seem to find the right search base to use however to make it search through the shared contacts folder. does anyone know the right syntax for the search base to use on a pretty much 'defaulted' exchange installation? ...

Exchange 2003 System manager hangs
Hello, When I try to view the public folders using the Exchange system manager (root > Folder > Public folders), system manager takes the server utilization to 100% and stops responding. I let it run overnight to see what would happen: nothing. Set up a testserver from scratch: same problem. Searched the knowledgebase and found some articles, but the given solutions do not apply to this problem. Anybody a clue? Greetings, Simon Weel Are there any error events being logged that have anything to do with HTTP, W3SVC etc? - Genevieve -- This posting is provided "AS IS"...

Exchange 2003 performance Question
Hi all, This has been asked before, but its difficult sifting through 100's of messages. I have a single Domain in a Single Forest. We have two domain controllers 1 in our west coast office and 1 in our east coast office. They are connected by a VPN tunnel. The exchange server is located in West Coast office. both domain controllers are Global catalog servers and the RID,PID, and Infrastructure roles are handled by the West Coast Domain Controller. I ran the best practices analizer on the server and one thing it mentioned is that the query time for domain controller access and g...

Inherited permissions on Exchange Domain Servers Group won't stay checked
Hi there, We are in a bit of a bind. The Inherited Permissions box for the Exchange Domain servers group in our child domain (child.parent.local) keeps unchecking itself. We are running W2K3 with E2K3, one parent domain and 3 child domains. Only one of the 3 child domains is having this problem. Replication occurs every 15 mins, and the change happens about 30 mins after we reset the permission. As you can imagine this is playing havoc with our RUS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

OWA
My Exchange 5.5 box has been running for the past years with Outlook Web Access being widely used throughout the company. Today out of no where, Outlook Web Access has failed me. Checked through Event Viewer, the error was shown as below : Source: Active Server Pages Type: Error Category : None Description : Error: File /exchange/USA/inbox/main_fr.asp Unexpected error Found solution from Technet but the problem still shown even after the sever was restarted. Would appreciate much if anyone here could help me out...Thanks in Advance. regards, John ...

Retrieve POP3 from Exchange 2003?
I have exchange 2003 standard. Currently have the individual Outlook clients retrieving their own POP3 mail from our ISP. Is there a way to have the Exchange server do this for them? I'm asking because the Outlook client has to be active in order to check the mail, but I have a few people who go out in the field and don't turn on their computers in the office... so they can check mail via the Outlook web access, but it will only show them the internally sent mails.. not any that are on their ISP account. Any ideas? I am planning on bringing all our e-mail in house, but haven't fi...

Exchange 5.5 RPC Problems
Our 5.5/SP4 environment has started to be problematic regularly, since it's been in a mixed AD 2003/5.5 site. The 3x 5.5mailbox servers will "randomly" lose RPC conenctivity to Outlook clients, however OWA will continue to work. There's nothing suspicious logged in the event logs. The only fix is to restart the information store, or if it's our IMAP server, we have to restart the whole server otherwsie IMAP won't work. Any clues, or tools? I've tried RCP Ping tools but the documentation is shitty. How can I use that to determine the availability, ideally I coul...

Setting up hosted accounts in exchange 2003
We are trying to host another domain on our exchange server. We have added the domain into the recipient policy and have our ISP pointing all mail to our IP. Everything works fine for our main domain that we host. The problem is that we can send to externally but we cannot receive from the outside world. The error we receive when trying to send from an external address is <our address >: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=our address type=A: Host found but no data record of requested type The error on our server is MS Exchange Transport 7002 The error we rec...

exchange 2000/2003 questions
Hi All, we are going to migrate our existing exchange 2000 into a new hardware. New servers are running windows 2003 and exchange 2003. We have 3 remote offices A, B & C, 3 child domains and 1 root all are running windows 2000 server. We want to make sure the following points: - can exchange 2000/2003 running smoothly (GAL, SMTP, OWA etc) during the Mixed mode(Windows 2000/2003 and exchange 2000/2003 in our forest and domains)? - before install the exchange 2003, we needed to run "setup /forestprep and "setup /domainprep" will this caused any issue like corrupt t...

Exchange Running on Domain Controller
Cannot move mailboxes between stores from a server acting as DC or GC with Exchange installed. Standalone server in domain, running EXCH, with administrator rights on server, all moves can be done, even select that ADM Group where the Integrated server (exch and DC) reside and can perform moves. Logon locally on the Integrated server, does'nt work. read some docs, find that you have to be local admin of server or wrokstation where GUI is installed and run. With the move of mailboxes, it creates a dynamic MAPI profile. Where? Reason, if providing rights to that folder where the MAPI profile...

Exchange 2K3 Standard Edition (SP2??)
Hi all. Can anyone tell me if the Exchange Standard Server 2K3 SP2 release that came out with the last batch of Technet DVD's is good? Should I wait longer to apply SP2?? Any thoguhts are greatly appreciated!!! On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:21:02 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. Can anyone tell me if the Exchange Standard Server 2K3 SP2 release >that came out with the last batch of Technet DVD's is good? Should I wait >longer to apply SP2?? Any thoguhts are greatly appreciated!!! SP2 should be applied IMO. Test in y...

Moving exchange 2000 install to a SAN drive
Good Morning! I was wondering if there is another way to move the entire exchange 2k install to a SAN drive? Or can I just change which drive the virtual M uses?? The only thing I have seen that might do this is the disaster recovery insanity. I would rather only do that if there is a disaster....but if it keeps from having one, I'm willing to try it. The info store is already on the SAN. I have already moved the transaction logs and system path location to the SAN. This is the only exchange server I have. Not a DC, just exchange on it. Thanks Mark On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:35:09 -0...

Exchange not releasing mailbox size
I'll try to explain this as best as I can. I have Exchage 200, and I've implemented 100 MB limit on all users. With some users even though they are deleting stuff from the mailbox, their size just increases until it reaches 100 MB and they are blocked. But, on Outlook their showing lot less then 100 MB, so their actual size is not 100MB but lets say 50MB or 40MB. Any solution for this ? Are the users clearing their deleted items folder as well? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Drilon&q...

Unable to remove exchange 2000
Hi all, I tried to remove exchange 2000 from one exchange 2000 server but I am not able to. When I select action "remove", it pops up the remove action can not be assigned as one or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server.. I double check the mailboxes and only SMTP, system attendent and systemMailboxes are on this server. Can anyone help me to remove exchange 2000 from this server? Price of a pint says this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/02/having_trouble_.html is your man. Thank you and thank you all. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote: &...

Pfinfo error running on Exchange 2000
I obtained the Exchange 2000 version of pfinfo and pfadmin off of Microsoft's ftp site. It ran great on a small test Exchange server I have. When I run it on a production server I get the following error: PFInfo run at Tue Feb 24 11:10:37 AM On EXCHANGE01 PFT:Public Folders COM Error, 80550053, Unknown error 0x80550053 PF:IPM_SUBTREE COM Error, 80550053, Unknown error 0x80550053 PF:TestOne PF:Purchasing It stops after processing a few folders. Has anyone else had success running pfinfo for Exchange 2000? I really wished MS would support it. It the only way I know to get detailed i...

Exchange 5.5
I maintain an Exchange 5.5 server with 150 mailboxes. It is the standard version of Exchange, so I am limited by the 16 gigabyte cap on my Priv.edb file. I do not have any public folders We are currently planning to upgrade the server, but we need to keep it running on 5.5 for at least a few more months. Lately, we have been getting closer and closer to our 16 gig limit A mailbox cleanup is conducted every day of all mail older than one week. Mail is deleted from all folders and the deleted items storage during this cleanup, which is performed using Exchange Administrator. Deleted Items...

Anyone using GFI Faxmaker Exchange?
Can anyone tell me if they use this product? I am trying to get a high-level overview of its usage - can someone describe their setup? Thank you. Faxmaker has a nifty little feature that will detect the faxnumber from the document and fax it without any further user intervention. For instance, each month I have to fax off 50 suppliers remmitance advices. These advices are generated from our accounts package and in the "old days" we would print them out and stand over a fax machine sending them one by one. Now, we print them to a Faxmaker printer called "NetPrintQueue2Fax...

OWA 2003 Front End logout error
Only on my OWA 2003 front end server do I get this error: If you click the Logout button in OWA I get the login box again. If you click cancel it gives you a blank page with the error "Access is denied, but if you use the Back button in your browser you are still logged in. All three of me Exchange servers are 2003 on Windows 2003. If I logon to OWA directly to non-Front End servers the logout button works correctly. It's only on my front end server and happens using both http or https. Thanks for any advice. Make sure that on that FE server, you have anonymous set on the Exch...

OWA Serious Problem one user only
User receives the error "Unable to perform operation" when using OWA and trying to edit his calendar. His mailbox resides on an Exchange 2000 server in a mixed mode organization. I have verified that the Registry Keys specified in KB310440 are there. Is there anything else I can do? This isn't an problem for anyone else. It has been suggested to delete the user account but I think that is a little extreme. ...

2 offices, 2 exchange servers
I have two offices, in different countries. I setup each with its own DC/Exchange servers and have the two connected via a site-to-site vpn. I setup a connector between them and all inbound mail comes into server a and gets routed to b through the vpn. On the outbound side, folks on server a send mail through it. On server b in the other office I set up a smtp connection to send email directly out of it as well. Is there any concerns with email from my single domain coming out of two different IP's? Not as long as both servers have reverse DNS records. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, ...

Need help on merging database on Exchange 2003
Hi, My server is running SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 enabled. Unfortunately, the anti-virus software deleted a log file under the mdbdata folder and thus the exchange wasnt running. I was able to get it running by deleting all the files on the mdbdata folder and starting from scratch. Now, the users only get new emails and their old emails are gone. I want to be able to recover the old emails/contacts,etc. I still have the priv1.edb file but the .stm file could not be restored from the backup. What would be the best way to recover those old emails? I tried just renaming the mdbdata folder but...

Exchange 5.5 reboot required
On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to reboot it everytime we add a new user to E-Mail and our AD on the 2003 server before the user can log into there E-Mail. Any Ideas? The Exchange server can see the user in User manager and I can assign the user as the primary mail account but it denies security like the SID is not being propergated to the NT 4 server until you reboot it. Are the databases replicating between nt 40 and ad? "Tim Comes" wrote: > On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to > reboot it every...

Can not send external mail from exchange 2003
Hi All I am having a major problem with an exchage 2003 server. Windows 2003 SP1, on Dual core intel motherboard with 4 gb memory and 500 Gb Mirrored HDD. 15 Users New install (Twice) with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed. Everything works, receive mail, internal mail is received and sent but all external mail is queued and can not be sent out. I have done the following - rebuild the server from scratch, ran the exchange diagnostic tool (troubleshooting assistant) and corrected all the items that showed up as a problem or even a slight problem - these included DNS and queue related probl...

OWA #40
When in OWA and I want to check availability before or during a setup of a meeting on the calendar, I get the message "Service is no longer available". I do not get this in Outlook. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks. ...

How to configure Exchange Account without MLCFG32.cpl
Dear Team We are using Softgrid and using MS Office in virtualization environment. Every application is working fine but we are Facing some problem in configuring Exchange Account. POP accounts are working fine in Virtual environment but when we try to configure Exchange it ask user to configure via Control panel. User is supposed to click on MAIL icon which is evoked by MLCFG32.cpl. In our network user is restricted to access the Control Panel and until we install Outlook locally that Mail icon (mlcfg32.cpl) in CP will not be generated. Is there any way to configure EXCH...