Exchange newbie problem

Hi all;

A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail
box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect
the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for
this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be
found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though
they can get there mail just fine.

We need to get the messages from this mailbox.

Any ideas would be great

--
Craig in the High Desert.  craig@craignet.com
But it's a dry heat.

you should be able to reconnect it if the mailbox is still there...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all;
>
> A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail
> box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect
> the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for
> this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be
> found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though
> they can get there mail just fine.
>
> We need to get the messages from this mailbox.
>
> Any ideas would be great
>
> --
> Craig in the High Desert.  craig@craignet.com
> But it's a dry heat.

0
sconkey (3059)
2/9/2006 6:42:35 PM
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:39:26 -0800, "Craig"
<Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all;
>
>A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail
>box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect
>the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for
>this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be
>found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though
>they can get there mail just fine.

You should be able to reconnect it to an AD account. Sounds  like you
are using the wrong criteria or alias to find it.

>We need to get the messages from this mailbox.
>
>Any ideas would be great
0
adavid (8731)
2/9/2006 6:56:33 PM
This leads me to another newbie question:  So if I wanted to delete a user
in the AD, I need to make sure that the mailbox is deleted in the System
Manager too?

I thought deleting one would delete the other automatically?

R Green

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:10:08 -0800, "R Green" <[news]@wowsat.com>
wrote:

>This leads me to another newbie question:  So if I wanted to delete a user
>in the AD, I need to make sure that the mailbox is deleted in the System
>Manager too?
>
>I thought deleting one would delete the other automatically?

If you delete the AD account, you are prompted to delete the mailbox
as well, yes. But, Exchange will keep that mailbox for a designated
amount of time depending on your deleted mailbox retention number
before it is permenantely purged.

You can manully purge it required. Its a good thing and much requested
and met with much applause when first announced in the Exchange 2000
days.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274343

>R Green
>
>"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all;
>>
>> A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail
>> box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect
>> the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for
>> this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be
>> found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though
>> they can get there mail just fine.
>>
>> We need to get the messages from this mailbox.
>>
>> Any ideas would be great
>>
>> --
>> Craig in the High Desert.  craig@craignet.com
>> But it's a dry heat.

0
adavid (8731)
2/9/2006 7:26:15 PM
Also, this is purely preference really, but i never delete AD accounts, I
just disable them and then rename then when i want to reuse them for a new
user. When you delete an AD account, you delete the SID along with it and it
can never be used again. Mailboxes I delete though :)

Good luck to ya

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:10:08 -0800, "R Green" <[news]@wowsat.com>
> wrote:
>
>>This leads me to another newbie question:  So if I wanted to delete a user
>>in the AD, I need to make sure that the mailbox is deleted in the System
>>Manager too?
>>
>>I thought deleting one would delete the other automatically?
>
> If you delete the AD account, you are prompted to delete the mailbox
> as well, yes. But, Exchange will keep that mailbox for a designated
> amount of time depending on your deleted mailbox retention number
> before it is permenantely purged.
>
> You can manully purge it required. Its a good thing and much requested
> and met with much applause when first announced in the Exchange 2000
> days.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274343
>

>>R Green
>>
>>"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all;
>>>
>>> A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail
>>> box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to
>>> reconnect
>>> the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for
>>> this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be
>>> found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though
>>> they can get there mail just fine.
>>>
>>> We need to get the messages from this mailbox.
>>>
>>> Any ideas would be great
>>>
>>> --
>>> Craig in the High Desert.  craig@craignet.com
>>> But it's a dry heat.

0
bcmchenry (12)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Need help with this problem
Hello, I need a hand with the following problem as I have not used Excel fo quite a while. --------There are 4 categories of goods - A,B,C,D --------Each category has 100 goods/supplies that range in price fro $4.00 -$26.00(cents are inclusive: ie - one particular item in categor A costs $15.41) --------A certain # of goods must be chosen from each category a follows: A - 3 B - 4 C - 3 D - ONLY 1 ITEM IS NEEDED FROM THIS CATEGORY. HERE IS THE TRICKY PART: A buyer must select the exact number of goods required from eac category and the total cost of all 11 chosen goods cannot exceed $100.0...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Series range construct problem
Stupid problem really I cannot properly construct a series range object for my non adjacent series columns: MyRows = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Rows ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range( _ "A2:A" & MyRows & " , C2:C" & MyRows, E2:E" & MyRows), PlotBy:=xlColumns The above range object is the problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Bill Bill - Try this approach. Sub DoChart() Dim MyRows As Long MyRows = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Rows ...

Timezone and date problems Vista / XP
Hi @ all, users reported 2 issues to me where I'm currently not finding a solution for. 1.) We have created a custom entity "Training. If Vista CRM client creates an object of that type and setting a date field the date is displayed on a XP client with one day difference. If the XP client corrects the date on both clients the date is the same. Can anyone reproduce that behavior? 2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send date displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Money 2004 Problem
Reports in 2004: 1. different from previous money version. 2. Double spaces on some report didn't on previous version 3. Transfers via category causes the entrt to disappear for awhile then it reappears. ? ? Why is it that Microsoft messes up the good features when they release new versions. 4. be CAREFUL using online HELP they are confused about Money 2004. 5. If anyone knows of any fixs for 2004 let me know -- PLEASE ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

Need help with a relaying problem
I am having a very obscure relaying problem and I am looking for help. I will do my best to layout the scenario. Their current setup is a Windows Server 2003 AD with Exchange Server 2003 there is only one administrative group and there are SMTP connectors for primary and secondary connections to the internet. On these connectors all mail is rejected to the internet unless you belong to a distribution list called "Internet Users". I have 3 SMTP domain names being utilized in the Exchange Server environment. All of these scenarios below are users that are part of the "Inte...

antigen on exchange #2

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...

Restore Exchange...help!!!!
My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!) Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other data being restored? Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup? I think that may be a few days older tha...