Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with
Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) )

Thanks
0
circulent (53)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:04:03 -0700, circulent
<circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with
>Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) )
>
>Thanks

You get what you pay for.
MOM and its future SCOM 2007 and the helpdesk features of that 2007
product are certainly good products to name just one.
0
adavid (8731)
8/23/2006 10:41:30 PM
As an actionpack subscriber we get MOM Workgroup Edition. does that have a
help desk feature? Thanks

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:04:03 -0700, circulent
> <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with
> >Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) )
> >
> >Thanks
>

> You get what you pay for.
> MOM and its future SCOM 2007 and the helpdesk features of that 2007
> product are certainly good products to name just one.

0
circulent (53)
8/23/2006 10:56:02 PM
You can create Outlook forms to basically simulate a help desk process.
It's really a poor man's approach very limited, but an "open source"
method. You could also ask the Outlook group as well.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Designing-Outlook-Forms-Part2.html

James Chong
MCSE |M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

circulent wrote:
> Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with
> Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) )
>
> Thanks

0
jamestechman (1266)
8/23/2006 11:03:10 PM
how about good paid-for server-side software?

"jamestechman@gmail.com" wrote:

> You can create Outlook forms to basically simulate a help desk process.
> It's really a poor man's approach very limited, but an "open source"
> method. You could also ask the Outlook group as well.
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Designing-Outlook-Forms-Part2.html
>
> James Chong
> MCSE |M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>

> circulent wrote:
> > Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with
> > Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) )
> >
> > Thanks

0
circulent (53)
8/23/2006 11:10:02 PM
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:56:02 -0700, circulent
<circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>As an actionpack subscriber we get MOM Workgroup Edition. does that have a
>help desk feature? Thanks

Well, MOM has a web interface and views and the ability to assign
problems etc... But I think the next version is probably more what you
are looking for. Its in Beta now. Additionally, Microsoft is
developing a new helpdesk piece that integrates with it.

There are of course others out there!

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:04:03 -0700, circulent
>> <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Can anyone provide any good help-desk softawre that integrates well with
>> >Exchange? Preferably open-source (i.e. FREE :) )
>> >
>> >Thanks
>>

>> You get what you pay for.
>> MOM and its future SCOM 2007 and the helpdesk features of that 2007
>> product are certainly good products to name just one.

0
adavid (8731)

Excel 95 user need help
Buying newer version is not an option. I try to open excel files and it says...not a valid file format. Searched updates and downloads for a converter or somethint to open new versions but I cannot find anything that works...tried the SP3 for xp said did not find expected version and quit. Cannot get compatibility 2002 to function Am I up the river on this or is there something...some update that will help? Hi Noobness, Excel (and its file formats) has come a long way since Excel '95 ... It's been unsupported now for quite some years. -- Cheers macropod [Mic...

Need help with query summing hours
Tring to get total worked hours and total maintenance hours summary. I have a table with the clock hours WorkID WorkDate WorkEmployeeID WorkHours And have a maintenace table MaintID MaintDate MaintEmployeeID MaintHours Needing help combining the information to get summary something like this.. Date - Employee - Clock Hours - Maintenance Hours 1/1/10 Joe Billy Bob 8 6 1/1/10 Billy Joe Bob 8 7 Whay type of query do I need to build, any help would be great. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmo...

ive got dots in my wedding invitations on the corners help
in publisher i have dots in the corner of the invitations. i would like to remove them if someone can tell me how i would appreciate it thanks jim Jim, Send me the file (and tell me which version of Publisher you are using). We'll see if they are really there or if you've already popped the seal on that champagne. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tarheel jim" <tarheel jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A46D9307-37AC-48A3-B3AC-A35586F5D09B@microsoft.com... > in publisher i have dots in the corner of the invitations. i wo...

Simple question about weird behavior of the HELP window in Excel
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I click on the Excel Help item on the Help menu in Excel, a help window appears in a fixed position, on top of all other windows, with no CLOSE button...! There are some button across the top, left and right arrows, a HOME button, Search, Contents, Index, etc. but no close button. I can find no reliable way to make the Help window disappear! I say "reliable" because sometimes (not always) Command-W will make it disappear; other times Command-W will only make my current Excel file window close. How ...

FORMULA HELP! Find all values in column at random rows and perform calcutlation.
ex. A 1 2 3 3.9% 4 5 6 -2.7% 7 8 9 6.5% 10 11 12 1.2% .. .. .. 1000 Total of formula here. I don't know what row a % number will show up on col A but it is before row 1000. I would like row 1000 under column A to have a formula that says look for any row in column A and if you find a number, add 1 to that number and then find the next one and add 1 to that number and then multiply those two together and then find the next one add 1 then multiply to the last set...etc. Bascially, A100 would have the formula (1+A3)*(1+A6)*(1+A9)*(1+A12)...e...

1.2 Integration and GP 7.5
Does 1.2 CRM Integration work with Great Plains 7.5? The Integration install guide says 7.0, but I would assume it would work with the latest version of GP. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com Where did you get hold of the 1.2 Integration appliication? I can only see 1.0 Integration avail at the moment Regards J "Brandon S." <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:#Cj4Xnf4DHA.1752@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does 1.2 CRM Integration work with Great Plains 7.5? The Inte...

help plz
I have a column with numbers, I have to generate a formula usinfg a if statement, that if its divisible by 3 than it should answer true, otherwise false =MOD(A1,3)=0 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "zomex" <zomex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4C5208C-ED50-47B4-A1A5-94B2ED525F74@microsoft.com... >I have a column with numbers, I have to generate a formula usinfg a if > statement, that if its divisible by 3 than it should answer true, > otherwise > false ...

Need help with a function
Hi I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in column A For example in A1 I have: D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx in A2 I have: D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx in A3 I have: D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1 folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever. Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Christophe Presumably you want to pick that value o...

Exchange 5.5 system attendant service hangs
Here is the situation store.exe was taking 100% of resources I rebooted the server and when it came back up the system attendant was hung on starting.I have also noticed when i login with the domain admin account i cannot access the app and system log in event viewer as well as exchange administrator i get access denied on all 3 i have ran esutil and mtacheck with everything seeming ok this is a exchange 5.5 with all updates and nt 4.0 server with all updates. A little info i can login as local admin and can open all 3 but when i open exchange administrator it can not find the exchan...

Need help with a simple Time calculation
Hi I'm a little new in Excel, I need some help with at sheet, that are able to calculate time something like this: text1 3:30 (3 min 30 sec) text2 2:10 3:40 (result of text1 and test2) text3 1:40 8:20 (result of text1, 2 and 3) total 7:20 Thanks in advance if the fields have times in them as they appear, just add them like any other cells and format as mm:ss or hh:mm:ss Regards Trevor "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42ed31aa$0$7385$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net... > Hi > > ...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Migration to Exchange 2003 #2
I have just built a new exchage 2003 server which is now part of our windows 2k domain currently running exchange 2k. All is well with the installation and upgrade of AD to suit the new 03 box. My problem is with the migration. On the new exchange box i ran the Migration wizard to import the user accounts, however when i specify the servers sourse and destination i get a warning: Please enter a source Exchange server outside of the organization. Unable to perform migration..... ???? I am now taking the route of exporting all the mail boxes to .pst's then doing an import with exmerge!!...

How to connect 2 sites using Exchange 5.5
I have 2 Exhanges runing in a diferent subnets. Yesterday everything was working fine, but now I can not send a email between sites. What can I do? ...

integrate web page form with sql and crm
Is it possible to edit the "case" form using front Page. If so how do i set it up to access the sql database. These forms are not designed to be edited in frontpage. "Dana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e28701c3f0e5$21e37e40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to edit the "case" form using front Page. > If so how do i set it up to access the sql database. ...

OWA SSL problem... please help
Hi, We have an Exchange Server with OWA on SSL. 2 Days ago something happened to the SSL on IIS. On accessing the https://mailserveraddress/exchange website the certificate or login prompts do not appear. Instead I get a "page cannot be displayed" error. When SSL is disabled (http://mailserveraddress/exchange) OWA works just fine. I have tried everything I could find on MS KB with little success. Does somebody know how to resolve this problem and get Certificate Services back up on IIS ? Thank you for your help Sai Krishnakumar ...

Exchange partion size sbs2003 vs sbs2008
I know there is no "right " answere on this, but I need a feel for realative needs of exchange 07 vs 03. 1. I understand that a 3 partition minimum setup is still suggested on SBS2008 I.E. os/exchange/everything esle. 2. This customer has a 50 gig Exchange partition on SBS2003 and in 3 years has only used 10 gig of it. In the move to SBS2008 with Exchange2007 will the 50gig partition still be ok, or will 07 take up considerably more room? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CB3EB9.7EDDFB60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&q...

Previewing the pages to be printed from a help topic
HI I need help on the above subject.just to know the number of pages to be printed in order not to be out of paper I have window XP professional it does not work either oe EXCEL2002 and/or WORD200 many thanks in advanc fua fuadalazar@hotmail.com Hi the best idea i have is to print to a PDF document (if you have a PDF printer driver installed). Otherwise not possible with build-in functionality) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany fuad wrote: > HI! > I need help on the above subject.just to know the number of pages to > be printed in order not to be out of paper. I have windo...

Help with a formula (Multiple lines to sum and return if)
Hello, Thank you in advance for the help. One sheet one I would like to return the sum of data from sheet two if the salesperson name matches. Here are the details: Sheet 1 In column A I have the names of sales people (listed by row) - header is "Name" In column B I have cells available to total the sales people numbers by month Sheet 2 In column A, the sales people are listed many times In column B, lists the Account name (not important for this help) In column C, is the total sold to that customer Now in the B column, I would like to match the name of the ...

HELP The program is in a invalid format, and cannot be run
"The program is in a invalid format, and cannot be run. It may be damaged" when I try to run it on Win98". I'm using VC 2003 with MFC. Thank's Fabio check Unicode / MBCS , Win98 should use MBCS. "fba" <fba@interfree.it> wrote in message news:uPHiwLM$GHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > "The program is in a invalid format, and cannot > be run. It may be damaged" when I try to run it on Win98". > I'm using VC 2003 with MFC. > > Thank's > Fabio > > > > "The program is in a invalid format, a...

Outlook 2003 loses connection to Exchange 2003
We are experiencing delays with outlook 2003 connecting to exchange 2003. I have received numerous conplains from my clients taking 2-10 minutes for their outlook to re-connect to exchange expecially when switching between views. There has been times some users conplained it took up to 25 minutes with the "retrieving message from exchange" popup runing to just retrieve mssages. My testing have ruled out all network related issues and seem to narrow it down to outlook 2003. We are not using cache mode. Has anyone seen this problem and have any solution? Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 run database defragment show [Out of database page buffers]
run eseutil/p command on yesterday, after less than 24 hours, we found the error message "Operation terminated with error -1014 (JET_errorOut ofBuffer, Out of database page buffers) after 847,402.35 seconds" appear. ...

Exchange Reports
Anyone know of a report I can generate, or a log that I can view, regularly which shows me what types of attachments users are emailing off of the network to external email addresses? Thanks, Tom tomweho@hotmail.com Nothing native/built-in. Don't see a specific attachment report in the following 3rd party products, but these are otherwise known to be the go-to tools for reporting on Exchange traffic and usage: - Promodag: http://www.promodag.com/products/reports/reports.aspx Quest Message Stats: http://www.quest.com/messagestats/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com...

Help-Updating from a Web File Download to a Direct Download in '05
I am using Money 2005 and my financial institution just went from web downloads of files to Direct downloads where I can enter my id and password in Money. Is there a way to disable my existing account and have the direct download take over that does not require me to have the new direct download be a new account and then use the Merge feature? I was hoping I could disconnect and reconnect. Has this process changed for 2006 or 2007? Thank you -- Matt ...

Help with MS word
Can someone help me with the following: - Adding fields to document properties so that it can be easily retrieved from share point - Populating these document property fields in the document such that when the values in the document property are changed the word document updates itself - Getting images list in the 'Table of contents' page of the document - Getting the external references in the 'Table of contents' of the document - Preparing the template such that when the base template is updated, documents based on this template within the sharepoint are updated ...

Please anyone can help? Right/Left hand expanding & dropdown embarrassing in open random places
Since 2 days ago (never happened for years) I am having a non-critical, but kind of annoying issue. My left hand keeps jerking up and down and my right hand keeps rubbing left and right. A typical male multiple-yanking choice , e..g. right/left-expanding or dropdown; for example try right-click on empty member area and select View or SortBy, which in turn also leads to other private matters. Or in bed by myself, click View-->ostracize , zoom, etc. Or any other expanding type of embarrassing venture seems to overwhelm the natives. Well, upto today it was predictable - ...