we are running excg5.5 sp4, on nt4.0 sp6. we are using office 98, and 2000.
The problem we are having is Exchange ignores Outlooks text only setting and
send both text and html mime encoded messages.

1
Mikee (38)

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:55:01 -0700, "mikee"
<mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>we are running excg5.5 sp4, on nt4.0 sp6. we are using office 98, and 2000.
>The problem we are having is Exchange ignores Outlooks text only setting and
>send both text and html mime encoded messages.

What ticks have you got on the Internet Mail tab > Advanced Options of
the Internet Mail Service.
You can use the IMS to specify what you send out as.

0
mark7219 (5666)

CRM address book in Outlook

outlook security issue
Hello! we have users that have office 2000 sp3. I have followed the instructions how to customize attachment security behaviour. That is .. I created the form "outlook security settings" in public folders. This works for most users in the domain who have office 2000 sp3 (without inserting the suggested registry key). Why is it though for some users this does not work but when the registry key has been inserted it works. Has it anything to do with the tools | options | security??? And why is it that the user who has office 2003 still cannot open and print attachments although...

Outlook removed the following attatchments...?
Hello. Please can you help me. I have a message saying that Outlook removed unsafe attachments in the .eml format. I know that they were definitely not unsafe and I really need them. Is there anyway I can prevent Outlook doing this in future, and is it possible to retrieve these ones, or do I have to go back into Work again and mail them home? Cheers for your help John No, it said that Outlook has removed ACCESS to the file For Outlook see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm For Outlook Express; Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow atta...

Frozen Text Boxes
I accidently dragged a text box from Spreadsheet A to Spreadsheet B. Now the text box on Spreadsheet B is not accessible. I cannot click on it, highlight it, or do anything to get the handles to turn on so I can delete it. It is just sitting there across 5 rows. I can type text in the box but that is all. What did I do and how do I delete it? Thanks, Greg Dear Greg Go to the <View> menu and select <Toolbars>. Select the <Control> toolbar. At the top of the toolbar you will hopefully have the design icon (Blue set square) depressed. Click on it to raise it (swi...

Outlook 2003 #136
Trying to send an email to more then 25 recipients gives an error on the 26th recipient 452 4-5.3 To many recipients Is this a setting somewhere? Jim <jfosterx@comcast.net> wrote: > Trying to send an email to more then 25 recipients gives > an error on the 26th recipient > > 452 4-5.3 To many recipients > > Is this a setting somewhere? It's a limit being imposed by your ISP (Comcast?). Outlook does not have any such limit. -- Brian Tillman Helping a friend on a side job supposedly he has already checked with the ISP, never seen this one before, Thanks...

setting up windows mail
How can i get windows mail setting up? i am having an error when i enter email provider POP3 and SMTP. I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only email=20 address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.ht= ml and use the special settings for that service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.htm...

Mail merge duplications in Outlook
I am attempting an e-mail merge for a letter written in Word with my Excel list as I had done in previous versions of Word. When I do this, multiple copies of the the e-mail are sent to the e-mail recipients and the <<name>> field transposes different names from other records. The sent items appears correctly in the Outlook sent folder? My Outlook is setup to send/receive through a Pop3 Account. Has anybody encountered a similar problem or does anybody know of a fix? Thanks in adavance for your help! Eric ...

Outlook 2003 data files
My computer was reformatted by a technician and I was able to backup all my files to a CD. After reinstalling Office and Outlook I am unable to open the pst file any longer because it says it is not a recognised outlook file. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you Did you copy the files back to the hard drive and remove the read-only attribute? If the answer to this is yes, then there is a possibility that the PST file was burned to the CDR/RW at a speed that was too fast and it corrupted the file. "Suresh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Sound problem in Outlook
Please remove "NOSPAM" from my email address when replying... How do I get a sound to play when a new message arrives? The box to "play a sound when new items arrive" is checked in Options/Email/Advanced options, but no sound. The speakers are working just fine and the volume is turned up. (I tested some .wav files using my media player and they are audible.) Thanks, Carol "Carol" <carolisa7NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message news:048701c34c9d$4ea7ebb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Please remove "NOSPAM" from my email address when > replying....

my outlook says not implemented, it will not work
I bought this software over four years ago, but all of the sudden stopped working. I can't also make it work automatically work from my internet's e-mail automatically. I want to see outlook page opening directly from my interenet provider's page as soon as i press new e-mail VS. my internet's provider's e-mail service. Does anybody know how to get it set up correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have never used my outlook since I bought it. edmundo wrote: > I bought this software over four years ago, but all of the sudden stopped > working. I can't ...

Outlook 2003 & 2GB PST barrier
Does Outlook 2003 break the glass ceiling of the 2GB PST maximum ? -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm Yes provided you are using the new unicode format pst Next Q, create a new OL pst (unicode) in OL2003 and copy your old data to it :) "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message news:OPybOzQMHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does Outlook 2003 break the glass ceiling of the 2GB PST maximum ? > > -- > Dave > http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html > http://www....

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error?
Hello, While trying to install SP1 on our Exchange servers, we get the following message: "Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because: - The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with the "/DomainPrep" switch within this domain. If you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details." We've been running Win2k3 with Exchange 2k3 for about 3 months now.. And I've gone through KB274737 and verified that /DomainP...

Filter Form based on OnClick from Text Box of another form
Hi, I have a job list form with basic info on it. I want to be able to click on the job number text box which then opens up a more detailed form and applies a filter so that I only get the record for the job number that I have clicked on from the underlaying form. Could someone please tell me how to do this as I am guessing it should be fairly simple although I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "[JobNumber] = " & Me.[JobNumber] Debug.Print strWhere 'for testing only DoCmd.OpenForm "NameOfForm", , , str...

Outlook 2003 Printing Error
I've got a weird issue. When a user tries to print Outlook loses connection to the Exchange server and the print job fails. Here's the error "Connection to Exchange is unavailable Outlook must be online to complete this action". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Jobe ...

Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2003 server
I'm busy installing Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2003 server but as you all know Micrsoft says it is nog possible. Well, it's not working so I guess they are right but I'm still trying. I can start a setup an can add my server in a existing site but when the setup is trying to start the services I get a error telling me that Exchange is missing a file but I can't find out wich one. I hope some one is having a solution for this issue. Please let me know, Kind Regards, Rogier I have a solution for you. Actually, I have two solutions. 1. Implement Exchange 2003 instead. ...

Floating text
Hi everyone, I'd like to have some question+answer showing up on top of all my applications() to make me read it and memorize it. I know that I can hide Excel, but how can I hide the form but the text on the form to be visible? There is anyway to do it in VBA? Can you please explain further? This doesn't really make any sense to me. Please give a specific example. Before/after examples usually work great! -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Dan Tabla" wrote: > Hi everyone, &g...

retrieve old email, outlook freezes
Hi, does outlook express use .pst files? I did searches on windows xp and it can't find anything. I need to get my old emails without starting outlook, since it crashes before I can do anything. Advice? ...

Outlook Web Access
I recently installed Exchange 2003. When I try to use Outlook Web Access (e.g. http://servername/exchange), I do not get the Outlook Web Access login screen. Instead, I get a Windows prompt for domain\userid and password. Once I enter the correct ID/password, I go to the Inbox screen as I would expect. Why am I not going to the Outlook Web Access login screen? I've enabled forms-based authentication and set cookie authentication time-out values for both Trusted and Public access. What am I missing? Do I need a certificate? If so, how do I create and store one? Thanks. Yes, you&#...

Configuring Exchange to use SMTP for all mail
I would like to know if it's possible to configure an Exchange server to use SMTP as its native mail format. What I mean by that is I want to connect Outlook clients so that they work just like they always have in terms of calendar, public folders, GAL, etc. but I want the actual emails they send to be sent as SMTP. The reason is that I have a box in front of the Exchange client that scans SMTP protocol and I want it to be able to scan all internal traffic. A solution requiring changes to the server only would be great but if I have to change the client, so be it. Comments regarding 5....

dsmod killed my exchange?
Due to recently imposed security restrictions I used dsmod to uncheck Password Never expires on our domain ( off the top of my head I believe the command was although I may have the syntax mistaken "dsquery user dc=domain,dc=com -limit 1000 | dsmod user -pwdneverexpires no" ) Also I set the account lockout to indefinate in the domain policy. This morning exchange was hosed. I have been fighting with it since 8 and if I have to sift through another google search I may just throw my monitor out the window. Just looking for any ideas on a cause or solution. Please reply to newsgroup. Th...

outlook #285
When I use recieve mail and try to copy and paste into Word 11, my Mircosoft Office 2003 closes and the shuts down my outlook mail. I and tried of reseting my mail programs. I am using xp2 Any error Messages? Check in your log file. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "brbricker" <brbricker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6134ADCC-AD9E-488F-BE76-48524C601EE9@microsoft.com... > When I use recieve mail and try to copy and paste into Word 11, my > Mircosoft > Office 2003 closes and the shuts down my outlook mail. I and tried of > reseting my mail programs. I ...

Duplicate Recurring Meetings in Outlook 2007
OK, I have a strange issue that has been happening to several people that I know of so far. Our environment is Outlook 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 (either SP1 or 2, not sure), and Windows XP Professional. Occasionally when a person creates a recurring appointment in Outlook and they open it to either add content to the meeting request (they are the organizer) or add an attachment, two copies of the meeting will appear on the Organizers calendar. If the person was the organizer and they try and delete that duplicate appointment, BOTH instances will be deleted from the orga...

Archiviazione impossibile con Outlook 2000 e 2003
Avendo raggiunto una quantit=E0 di messaggi considerevole nel server, abbiamo chiesto ai dipendenti di cancellare e/o archiviare la loro posta sul disco. Il problema nasce proprio quando l'utente utilizza File > Archivio: - con Outlook 2003 comincia ad archiviare poi restituisce un generico "Errore sconosciuto". - con Outlook 2000 comincia ad archiviare poi restituisce una serie di errori del tipo "Impossibile archiviare <cartella> [...]", e dice che la cartella di partenza e quella di destinazione non possono essere uguali. I file pst che vanno a crearsi si...

Possible to script outlook configuration per user?
Is there a way to script the outlook configuration for users? So they can logon to any random system and have their email already configurd by the logon script? This is would be GREAT for terminal server our our multiuser computers... Hi, yes, some solutions by Microsoft exist (profgen and newprof)! If you search an easy (free) solution, you can try "RichProfile". Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexchange.dyndns.org Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm "Grady Vogt" <gradyvogt@hotmail....