Exchange Global Rules

I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must
be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server
with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if
a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale.

An example of what I would like to do is as follows:

My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to
the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that
filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox.
In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users local Outlook
and reconfigure the rule. I would like to pass a "global  rule" via
the exchange serer and have it apply to a predetermined group of
people.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0
emailtomg (2)

I do not believe it is possible with native Exchange functionality.

Nue
<emailtomg@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must
> be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server
> with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if
> a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale.
>
> An example of what I would like to do is as follows:
>
> My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to
> the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that
> filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox.
> In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users local Outlook
> and reconfigure the rule. I would like to pass a "global  rule" via
> the exchange serer and have it apply to a predetermined group of
> people.
>
> Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
imaneophyte (3005)
4/14/2006 8:24:52 PM
GFI has a utilitiy that literally goes to every mailbox and adds a rule like
that for the mailboxes on that server. It works pretty good, comes with the
product though, Im sure you could set the filter to something else and have
it kick off for non-GFI scanned emails. Mail Essentials is a free download.
Download it, install it and run the wizard.

Its a little drastic, but thats all I got. Im sure there is some utility out
there that does the same thing.

"emailtomg@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must
> be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server
> with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if
> a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale.
>
> An example of what I would like to do is as follows:
>
> My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to
> the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that
> filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox.
> In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users local Outlook
> and reconfigure the rule. I would like to pass a "global  rule" via
> the exchange serer and have it apply to a predetermined group of
> people.
>
> Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Vicnice (145)
4/16/2006 4:10:02 PM
Have a look at SpamMover application:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/spammover.shtml

Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

<emailtomg@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must
> be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server
> with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if
> a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale.
>
> An example of what I would like to do is as follows:
>
> My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to
> the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that
> filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox.
> In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users local Outlook
> and reconfigure the rule. I would like to pass a "global  rule" via
> the exchange serer and have it apply to a predetermined group of
> people.
>
> Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
no1498 (362)
4/17/2006 1:01:56 PM
I have used Mail Essentials the only problem you can only make a
general rule. I can say that all emails with these keyword go to this
folder. It really only works a general SPAM filtration tool.  I am
looking for more specific rules to create a propagate to all stations.
Such as all email form specific user go to a specific folder of the
recipient. Much of the same dynamic ability as Outlook Rules work. It
seems to me that their must be away to do this since OWA allows the
creation of rules that affect the user globally.(whether they use OWA
or Outlook)

Nuevo - you imply that this is a native function and I agree but how
can I admin it

0
emailtomg (2)
4/19/2006 1:53:47 PM
I would love to be able to copy all incoming and outgoing messages to a
public folder that had certain four digit numbers in the subject line. I
would need to be able to create as many as i wanted. And i twould be nice to
be able to create groups and assign them to each rule :). I believe this is
possible through an exhcnage event sink, just not sure how... Help!!!
--
Ted Glass

"emailtomg@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have used Mail Essentials the only problem you can only make a
> general rule. I can say that all emails with these keyword go to this
> folder. It really only works a general SPAM filtration tool.  I am
> looking for more specific rules to create a propagate to all stations.
> Such as all email form specific user go to a specific folder of the
> recipient. Much of the same dynamic ability as Outlook Rules work. It
> seems to me that their must be away to do this since OWA allows the
> creation of rules that affect the user globally.(whether they use OWA
> or Outlook)
>
> Nuevo - you imply that this is a native function and I agree but how
> can I admin it

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Validation Rule 06-02-07
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this validation rule: >L<CCCCCCCCCCCC which means first letter with be capital and the rest lower case, but i want to enter Blahblha-Blah (ie another uppercase letter), I can't figure out how to make my validation rule allow this. Can anyone help me? Hamzah On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 20:13:57 GMT, "M. Hamzah Khan" <hamzah@hamzahkhan.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >I was wondering if anyone can help me with this validation rule: >>L<CCCCCCCCCCCC which means first letter with be capital and the rest &g...

hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List
I have figured out how to hyperlink (html) to an item in my contact list: outlook:Contacts/~John Doe This works great. Now I would like to be able to issue a command to open a specific contact from the Global Address List. It is possible that the Global Address List has some folder name like GAL so that a command like this: outlook://GAL/~John Doe could be issued. Does anyone know how to refer to the Global Address List by its folder name or to do what I am asking? This can't be done, but you can add the GAL entry to your contact folder and then do what you know. Is that good en...

Exchange / POP3

Internet Zone Rule, Software Restriction Policy
As we know there is a GPO names Software Restriction Policy and have for types of rules : certificate , path , hash , zone Has anyone try and successful about zone rule ? I create a rule for `Internet` zone and set the security level `disallowed` . But when i try downloading an msi package or run a program from a site that is categorized as internet zone , nothing happens . That rule does not work , dunno why ? Anyone has seen an issue like this or any idea ? thank you Which OS and IE version ??? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requ...

Global Address List #44
hi guys im facing great problems deploying global address list in owa 2003 i want to enable global address list in exchange 2003 OWA 2003 how any ideas by default i know if user enters a user name then it will findout by search by i want to display whole global address list in OWA 2003 i have more then 150 users some one knows how to enable this feature i have goolged but no success any update available to show these things in owa 2003 thanks Syed Ali For Exchange 2003 you'll need a 3rd party product like http://messageware.com/product_pluspack.htm I think if you put just a sin...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Outlook Rules #6
I have a problem with my rules. All of them appear to be corrupt. The conditions used to create them are greyed out in the Rules Wizard. When I try to fix them or even to add new rules I get an error message that says: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Even when I delete all rules, they come back the next time Outlook is started. Is there a way to delete everything and start over? I have all of the latest patches and the Repair Outlook function has been run many times. Thanks to anyone who can help. ...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

Automatic Formatting Rules Disappear
My Outlook 2007 Calendar autoformatting color rules keep disappearing. I set the rule in the auto formatting window, the condition, etc and hit ok. The labels change to the correct color label. However, when I click on Mail and then come back to Calendar or close Outlook and then come back to the calendar, the rules are gone. The color is gone from the labels and the rule has disappeared. I can't get them to remain! What am I doing wrong? Sharon;64369 Wrote: > My Outlook 2007 Calendar autoformatting color rules keep disappearing. > I set the rule in the auto formatting window, th...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...