Exchange forwarding #2

When asking another network admin to forward a user's email to another
address I received this reply, "We can not forward Jon Doe’s email.  By
default forwarders are disabled in exchange as part of Microsoft’s Best
Practices for Security docs." Can someone tell me what kb article this comes
from? The request was to forward the user's email to an outside address. We
do this occassionally by creating a contact in exchange with the outside
address and then forward the user's mail there.
Thanks
0
Laura (120)

Here is some more info:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;266166

This might be a solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317652

--
Regards,

Menko den Ouden
MCP 2003,MCSE 2000, MCSE NT4+I
Netherlands

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When asking another network admin to forward a user's email to another
> address I received this reply, "We can not forward Jon Doe's email.  By
> default forwarders are disabled in exchange as part of Microsoft's Best
> Practices for Security docs." Can someone tell me what kb article this
> comes
> from? The request was to forward the user's email to an outside address.
> We
> do this occassionally by creating a contact in exchange with the outside
> address and then forward the user's mail there.
> Thanks

0
menko (48)
5/10/2005 5:20:21 AM
Sounds like you need to educate them.  While it is true that automatic
forwarding is disabled by default (and for good reason), the solution you've
been using - creating a contact and setting the user properties to forward
messages to that contact, is perfectly acceptable, and does not require
automatic forwarding to be enabled.  Sounds like this other network admin
doesn't understand that.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When asking another network admin to forward a user's email to another
> address I received this reply, "We can not forward Jon Doe's email.  By
> default forwarders are disabled in exchange as part of Microsoft's Best
> Practices for Security docs." Can someone tell me what kb article this
> comes
> from? The request was to forward the user's email to an outside address.
> We
> do this occassionally by creating a contact in exchange with the outside
> address and then forward the user's mail there.
> Thanks

0
Ben

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash.
In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want to use a horizontal line. You can do this with an EQ \f field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "adcodingmaster" <adcodingmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9269E403-DE1E-4BCF-A523-89041E2D9CDB@microsoft.com... > In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want > to > use a horizontal line. > ...

Exchange 2003 #5

80 quiz lyrics spreadsheet #2
Alan, Rojee, Thank you. As it happens, following rebuilds of my PC, I 'lost' th spreadsheet I has somewhere along the way. No doubt an email or tw will come up trumps. With any luck I'll get back to you in a couple of days. Mar -- mday3 Perpetual traveller - enjoying lif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mday36's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=683 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26146 ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

how to forward emails with pictures or animated art
My computer does not forward pictures or emails with animation. Does anyone know how to make this function happen dscannell <dscannell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer does not forward pictures or emails with animation. Does > anyone know how to make this function happen What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

2 active SharePoint_Config DB's ???
One last question for here... When looking at my SharePoint DB's, to move them to a different drive - I've found a complexing issue. It looks like I have 2 active SharePoint_Config databases --- they each are followed by a different GUID #?? We had our server crash several months ago and had to recover the DB's - so I'm thinking it might be related to that. When I check the file path in sql and look at the mdf in windows explorer, it looks like they have both currently being modified ?? This is on server 2003 - using WSS. Thanks for any advice you share conc...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

administrator email account can't thought POP3 send email after upgrade SP 1 or 2
Dear all, As title, when i upgrade ex SP1 and ex SP2, after that can't using roots to send email thought POP3, always prompt required auth, pls advise! In news:u37j7LTgGHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Stanley <stanley@microosft.com> typed: > Dear all, > > As title, when i upgrade ex SP1 and ex SP2, after that can't using > roots to send email thought POP3, always prompt required auth, pls > advise! Hi - you don't send mail via POP - you send mail via SMTP. What happens when you authenticate to your SMTP server? What are the relay settings in your virtual...