Exchange does not respond

Dear all
  I'm getting this error on my first Exchange 2003 server about the
second Exchange server:

EVENT # 8017
EVENT LOG Application
EVENT TYPE Error
SOURCE MSExchangeDSExp
EVENT ID 181
COMPUTERNAME   OXMAIL1
TIME 17/05/2005 15:39:57
MESSAGE The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond.
NameOfOtherExchangeServer

Have not made any changes - this is now happening about every 10
minutes.  The server is up and I can telnet to it on 25.

Any ideas?
0
jemimas (4)

Multiple Email addresses on a single exchange account
Hi all I've recently installed a server with windows 2003 and exchange 2003. The client machines are running Outlook 2003 as their mail client. My problem is that several users have two or three email addresses that I've configured in their user accounts (right click username in ad users and computers, properties, email accounts) but they only seem to be able to send from their default account using outlook. How can I change the "From" address in outlook to one of those set up on the user account Thanks Steve Sherlock The From field does not change the sending account. H...

Attach POP3 Mailboxes to an Exchange mailbox
Hi All, Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users exchange mailbox? Thanks, Tarran Not without 3rd party products. Tarran wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users > exchange mailbox? > > Thanks, > Tarran ...

CRM without Exchange Server ?
Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail clients... You do not need Exchange for CRM. But you do need Exchange for CRM Email "Joe Cactus !!!" <Joe Cactus !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58264387-1E85-42E6-A1AE-8A0D258E7F6D@microsoft.com... > Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? > Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail > clients... > > Joe; There are a few ISV's who make products that...

hiding contacts in exchange 2003 from directory search
Hello, Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. I have put all the contacts onto one single OU. Do I filter the GAL? Thanks, Tnt On 23 Aug 2006 11:21:17 -0700, tractng@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the >contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search >directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. > >I have put all the contacts onto one single ...

Backup exchange 2003
Hi, How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? SF NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft Information Store. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? > >SF > > >. > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:32:59 -0800, Patrick Rouse [MVP] wrote: > NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft > Information Store. But remember to backup the Exchange database(s) and system state in two different jobs, otherwise the backup will fail. Also see...

Outlook / Exchange
I have an end user that can authenticate thru the OWA client but can not authenticate thru Outlook XP. We have recently installed a MS Exchange Server 2003. When we go in and do the "check name" it keeps asking for this users domain password. We plug in the correct password and it tells us that it is incorrect. I tried using the domain admin account and it had the same result. We also tried using both the name of the server and the IP address...no luck. Any ideas or suggustions would be helpful. Thanks. Mark W. mark@cprplus.com ...

Help check Mailbox Stores and Mount
I want to enumerate our Exchange Mailbox servers, check each mailbox database and mount if not already mounted. I can easily enough do this for Exchange 2007 servers, but not Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000. Anyone got a creative solution for this in Powershell? Or do I have to learn another scripting language? Check the Exchange 2003 Powerpack on www.powergui.org -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog: http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/ PowerShell User Group: http://www.get-psuguk.org.uk "Do...

Exchange 5.5 and Spam
We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user id/password on our machine and was sending us thousands of outbound messages that were spam. Now my boss has finally decided to spend some money on an anti-spam solution. I checked google but most of the solutions I found were not for Exchange 5.5. Any suggestions??? Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). They have a free and a paid version, both work with Exchange 5.5 Ghareeb Rahi wrote: > We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user > id/password on our machine and was sending us t...

Exchange Admin Account for Backup Software
I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured out. Any ideas? Daniel On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer" <dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote: >I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating >a user with proper permiss...

Setting up a small Exchange server for several businesses
Hi there! We are looking into the fact to host a Exchange for a few small businesses. I don't think we need a massive solution like the one Microsoft says in 'Hosting Exchange' documents. I think that we might get like 500 users on the exchange with 5-10 different companies. How should we go further ? What should we think about when setting up this solution. Front/Backend exchange ? How to set up the AD ? How to set up the address lists so the companies don't see each others list and users ? etc. etc. Help me out please with a few tips to go further... /Lasse Swed...

Exchange 2000 Instant Messaging. Internet client Problem
Hi everybody, We were using Exchange Instant Messaging service internally. I have enabled i.m. service for internet usage (created web site, im router, dns ._rvp service record etc.) Our users are able connect our Exchange Instant Messaging service via internet. They able to send message to the other users working in company lan but local users are not able to reply or send a new message to the internet connected exchange im. users Does anybody faced with this kind of problem? I will be happy if i find a solution. Thanks &Regards, Bayram Guldibi. Hi Everybody, can anybody help m...

Strange Exchange problem.
This has to be one of the strangest exchange problems I have ever seen. I am running two exchange servers (2003 standard) in a heterogeneous environment. It has been running strongly for over 2 years now without a single problem. All of the sudden out of no where I get a call from a very agitated user stating that his contacts in outlook disappeared. I went to investigate and indeed all of the users contacts are missing except for one bizarre entry. Inside the contact is the following information. Under the full name section is /O=4RT6JU8EXU/OU=137FRGJU9E/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=INTERNET NEWS...

Share Outlook 2000 Calendar without Exchange
Hi Please let me know if there is a way to Share Outlook 2000 Calendar without Exchange. The LAN i am working on has no internet connection and outlook will be used without mail, just for sharing Calendar information. There are third party applications that allow for sharing data when Exchange isn't an option. Here is a couple of links that might be helpful for your research. www.outlook4team.com http://www.outlookstore.us/ -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Paul Meyer" <anonymous@discussions...

Excel 14.0
I have a single 23,000 lines of VBA code Excel application (with 28 sheets with lots of data), which migrated from 2007 to 2010 without presenting any unexpected behaviour except for these two solid and re-testable "appearance problems": 1. The frequency of running into a condition like: (Not Responding) has increased in frequency with a factor of 10-20. It is annoying to look at and my product receives some heavy criticism. However, my code is performing every job successfully and perhaps 5-10% faster than under 2007 Excel 12.0, so all is mostly good, but it IS anno...

DPM2007 exchange consistency check failing
Currently getting this errors message for one storage group: Data consistency verification check failed for LOGS of Storage group MF-Z Storage Group on s1asmMBX.s1asmMBXCCR.asmhq.local. (ID 30146 Details: Unknown error (0xfffffdf0) (0xFFFFFDF0)) We are able to protect other storage groups from this cluster without any issues. Currently running DPM2007 SP1 and Exchange 2007 SP2. Hi, can you check whether all the log files for that storage group exist on the volumes. -- Thanks, C.Prashanth [MSFT] This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no right...

Adding additional domains in Exchange 2003
OK I found the answer for setting up additional domains but now I need to know if there is a way for my users to send from our exchange server from the additional domain names. For example, my default exchange domain is @abc.com, I added the @xyz.com domain and I can receive mail sent to xyz.com with the exchange server. Now my users want to be able to reply to messages sent to tom@xyz.com and have it appear that the message is sent from that domain. However, they show up as coming from tom@abc.com. Additionallly they may need to send a message that comes from tom@xyz.com. Whew, I...

Exchange Cluster

Exchange 2003 and relays with UNIX
I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail out to the net because the UNIX machine has an internal/invalid domain name. So far we have been unable to get this to work even though I have gone into the exchange server and told it to mask as the legitmite e-mail server name. Any thoughts or ideas? On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:11:05 -0800, Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an >exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail ou...

Exchange SMTP que locking up/348 errors
Ok. I've seen this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;842801 I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues with my Exchange 2003 Cluster. Problem thought is that I don't believe these messages are being digitally signed. So is there anything else I should be looking at? In the last exciting episode, "Todd S" <toddflbass@{ihatespam}yahoo.com> wrote: >Ok. I've seen this: > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- >us;842801 > >I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues >with...

Exchange 2k server stopped accepting email
We are running Exchange 2000 server and a mix of Outlook 2000/2003 clients. At 00:00:04 on Saturday morning our Exchange server stopped accepting incoming email. There are no errors in the exchange logs or the event log. All exchange services are running. We can send and receive mail internally in the building and email sent to outside addresses goes through OK. But anything sent to us is "deferred". No bounce messages are sent. The server has been restarted several times with no changes. Running the mta tool shows no problems. The user mailboxes are all there and accessible. Whe...

change default Exchange Alias
I know that by default the Exchange alias is the same as the logon name. Can we change it so it's firstname.lastname? We've already change the recipient policy to generate the correct SMTP address but have been unable to find a way to change the default alias format. Is it possible. Thanks, Robin ...

View Public folders in OWA 2003 from other Server running Exchange
We have two servers in our organization. Unfortunately we have run out of space on one of the servers (Exchange 2000), and i had to move SOME of our mailboxes to our other server (Exchange 2003). When I performed this, the mailboxes work, and our new url to access the mail is slightly different. On our old server (Exchange 2000), we type in http://mailOLD.ourdomain.com to access OWA 2000. To access our new server, we must now type HTTPS://mailNEW.ourdomain.com. I did not set up the SSL, and it is our own SSL Cert. Anyway, I cannot access public folders using OWA 2003. The public folders ar...

Exchange not restarting.
Over the weekend I power cycled the server. Once it can back up Exchange didn't start. In Services when I try to start it manualy, I get an error: Could not start the MS Exchange Directory service on \\<server> Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start. This is a small company with only 1 server. Exchange is of course loaded on the server. Not sure which version of Exchange, but system is NT4.0. I've tried to power cycle the server again, as well as manualy starting all 7 of the Exchange services. All with the same message. Thanks for any help....

DST Server 2000 & Exchange 2000?
Ok, so why can you not just update the system time on server and client and everything still be fine. If in Exchange you have a 10am event and now the system time on the server and client are at 10am why would it not work why would Exchange and outlook make it go to 11am? How would it even know any better? Where is the logic that I am missing? Also if there is some reason I need to run the fix tools are they available for exchange 2K I have been told there is a $4K fix tool for exchange 2k is that true? Thanks in advance Did ya search the forum? - You will need to contact PSS or ...

Recover exchange 2000 data
Hi Can anyone help with this please? i have an SBS2000 server (with exchange 2000) that wont boot due to the disk filling up and corrupting files. i have put in a new SBS2003 server and have it running ok but need to get the exchange data form the old server to the new..... is there a simple way to do this? like connecting the old data drive and "importing" the mail boxes or even just the emails.... thanks for any help Dan In news:58940B53-E821-4E3E-9FA3-BE988DEAD37B@microsoft.com, Dan da Box <Dan da Box@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi Can anyone help with t...