exchange "directory lookup " problem

dear mvp

i have one domain  and sub-domain , two  domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3
sp2

in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't
forward to root domain ,

all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup "

but can send out &  receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work

 just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain

if anyone one know , pls help me

thank your very much

0
tequila529 (26)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:53:51 +0800, <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote:

>dear mvp
>
>i have one domain  and sub-domain , two  domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3
>sp2
>
>in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't
>forward to root domain ,
>
>all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup "
>
>but can send out &  receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work
>
> just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain
>
>if anyone one know , pls help me
>
>thank your very much

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/06/23/428114.aspx

0
adavid (8731)

Post SP2
Lab environment Windows 2003SP1 with Exchange 2003SP2 all servers Front End - Backend Cluster ISA2000 -firewall Post SP2 Issues are as follows on front-end server 1. Messages sent to front end server Inbound and Outbound get stuck in the "Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup" queue 2. Get 404 error when attempting to use OWA (internally and externally to front end server) Any help would be appreciated GJG On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:34:09 -0800, "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Lab environment >Windows 2003SP1 with Exchange 2003SP2 all servers ...

exchange "directory lookup " problem
dear mvp i have one domain and sub-domain , two domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3 sp2 in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't forward to root domain , all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup " but can send out & receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain if anyone one know , pls help me thank your very much On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:53:51 +0800, <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >dear mvp ...

Messages awaiting Directory Lookup #4
Here is my issue. I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000 in seperate domains. Topology: TLD is my Root Domain in the Forest structure with Exchange 2003. I have 3 other 2000 domains all running exchange 2000 servers 1 in each domain. I can send and receive email from the outside just fine but I can't send mail internally from one of the 2000 exchange servers puts messages in the directory lookup queue. I have looked at the GC and added a few more. I do get an error 6004 for the message categorizer. this one 2000 was restructured into this new TLD forest. I did an active dire...

Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup #5
I am having an issue where i have 30 + messages sitting in the Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup Queue. They are only for 2 different people. We are running server 2K3 and Exchange 2003 with SP2. Any emails that were being sent to any distributions lists with this person on it were not being delivered to anyone on the list.The people in question are out in a sattelite office and have there own exchange server in that office. Not sure where to look to find any answers. pls flow these kb to find your issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884996/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/32833...

all int & ext message stuck in message awaiting directory lookup q
last week my exchange 2003 (SBS) was unable to mount the Mail store and public store after a memory dump (restart) incident. But i able to mount the store by using eseutil. after that i notice one of the client account (only for internal mail, no external email account) will receive a copy of all the incoming and outgoing e-mail from the exchange server. Since i deleted and recreate this client account. no mail has been delivered to any mail client. All the int & ext message stuck in "message awaiting directory lookup" queue. All service has started without any error. I al...

All undeliverable mail to one box / forward to new virtual server / awaiting directory lookup (exchange 2003)
Hi, I am trying to forward all underliverable mail to one box and I found the VB code how to catch the OnArrival event (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q315631). In this article all mail is forwarded to a second virtual server. I am running on a server with one IP address so I created a second virtual server on port 8025. The problem is that all mail sent to the second server is stored in a queue 'awaiting directory lookup' and I don't have a clue how to setup this thing right. How should I configure the second virtual server so Exchange picks-up the mes...

Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup slow
We ran into a problem today. Normally our Exchange 2000 SP3 server is very quick at sending/receiving emails. However today, messages have been very very slow. Checking the SMTP queues, I see that messages are piling up in the 'Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup' queue. If I reboot the server, alot of the messages appear to start flowing, but then the problem starts up again a few minutes after reboot. External email seems fine, but internally, very slow if at all. I also noticed earlier today that the inetinfo.exe process was using a huge amount of memory (1.2 GB). There...

Messages awaiting directory lookup #3
We are running Exchange 2003 (as part of SBS2003) and are daily experiencing problems with our Queues, specifically "Messages awaiting directory lookup". Outlook clients also receive delay notification communicating with Exchange when sending/receiving messages. The queues continue to grow until IIS is reset, whereas they seem to then get delivered. The following error is occasionally logged in the applicaiton event viewer, although haven't had much luck researching the cause.. Event: 2114 Category: Topology Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Description: Process...

Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup #2
Just set up Internet mail and am able to send. I can see that receiving email is in the server queues but it is setting in the "messages awaiting directory lookup". How can I get them delivered to the users outlook? "MLanning" <MLanning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just set up Internet mail and am able to send. I can see that receiving >email is in the server queues but it is setting in the "messages awaiting >directory lookup". How can I get them delivered to the users outlook? Is the queue in the "Retry" state? Why? Are ...

Local Delivery and Pending Directory Lookup Queues are enormous
I posted a message last year (Happy New Year to you all!) asking why the Local Delivery and Pending Directory Lookup queues were getting so big, messages don't get delivered. I got a nice answer from Craig, and following his hints, I found out some DNS problems (I couldn't NSLOOKUP the distant domains). I was all pleased to have sorted that one out this morning, but queues are still getting bigger and messages not delivered! I can now get a correct reply from the nslookup command showing me the my server "sees" the other ones, so what is it? Please me before I hang myself wit...