Exchange contact sync problems.

I have a problem with contact synconizations under Ex2003.

We bought a (3rd party) modul for sync'ing contact between Axapta and
Exchange. Only problem is, the address data is synced wrong and the company
that sold us the modul, claims that the problem lies in our Exchange
installation sins the module runs fine on other installations they've done.

Fx:
converting from Ax to Ex
Zipcode is converted into the "provins" field
cityname is converted into both city and zipcode field

The other way
zip -> cityname
cityname just disapear

The Ex2003 installation is a migration off and old Ex5.5 organisation with
danish forms installed. I suspect this might be related to the problem;
either the old Ex5.5 forms making a problem for field relations or else,
that we need to install some new forms??
The sync module uses something in a Outlook installation to make the
connection (i suspect this is normal, sins i was tolt it was a standart
outlook/exhange interface) and we currenty uses a danish Outlook 2000 SR1, I
dont know, but could this also be the problem?

Any great ideers?

Best regards.

0
Mje (6)

In the last exciting episode, "Mikael Jensen" <Mje@doms.dk> wrote:

>I have a problem with contact synconizations under Ex2003.
>
>We bought a (3rd party) modul for sync'ing contact between Axapta and
>Exchange. Only problem is, the address data is synced wrong and the company
>that sold us the modul, claims that the problem lies in our Exchange
>installation sins the module runs fine on other installations they've done.
>
>Fx:
>converting from Ax to Ex
>Zipcode is converted into the "provins" field
>cityname is converted into both city and zipcode field
>
>The other way
>zip -> cityname
>cityname just disapear
>
>The Ex2003 installation is a migration off and old Ex5.5 organisation with
>danish forms installed. I suspect this might be related to the problem;
>either the old Ex5.5 forms making a problem for field relations or else,
>that we need to install some new forms??
>The sync module uses something in a Outlook installation to make the
>connection (i suspect this is normal, sins i was tolt it was a standart
>outlook/exhange interface) and we currenty uses a danish Outlook 2000 SR1, I
>dont know, but could this also be the problem?
>
>Any great ideers?

I don't know if it is great idea or not, but its highly likely the
vendor who sold you the product is full of shite. If the sync module
is using Outlook or CDO to do the install, I highly doubt that
anything in Exchange specifically is causing the issue.

Ask them for another Danish customer who is using the product
successfully.

--
Chris Scharff
MessageOne

-- ROT13 for valid SMTP address --
"Chris Scharff [MVP]" <puevf_fpuness@znvy-erfbheprf.pbz> wrote in message
> I don't know if it is great idea or not, but its highly likely the
> vendor who sold you the product is full of shite. If the sync module
> is using Outlook or CDO to do the install, I highly doubt that
> anything in Exchange specifically is causing the issue.
>
> Ask them for another Danish customer who is using the product
> successfully.

Hmm.. It seems i might have mis-directed my problem.. I just found out i
might be an Outlook (or form) problem.

Most users (including me) run a Danish version of Outlook and I just found
out there is a diffrence in the address details from Eng to DK.

In DK, the address details fields are as follows:
Street
ZIP
City
Province
Contry

But in Eng its:
Street
City         ^
Province     ^
ZIP         <--
Contry

And as U might have guessed, if I use a Eng Outlook, the addresses are
displayed correctly

One point seemed to strike me:
The detailed address template (forms) is very similar wheter its Eng/DK or
2000/2003. Soo my first thought was naturally..
Is it Exchange templates or Outlook specific?

Bottom line.. Is it correct that I can degrade oure sync problem, to an
DK-Outlook problem?
And can i correct this on the server, soo all users get the changes (and
where??)

0
Mje (6)
6/22/2004 8:42:58 AM
I'm not sure how you could correct the issue from the Outlook side.
Are you saying they dump the data into the address field and rely on
Outlook to parse it into the correct subfields? I think the software
ought to be able to populate those fields individually which would
eliminate the need for Outlook to try and parse the data into the
correct fields (and thus make it language agnostic).

> I'm not sure how you could correct the issue from the Outlook side.
> Are you saying they dump the data into the address field and rely on
> Outlook to parse it into the correct subfields? I think the software
> ought to be able to populate those fields individually which would
> eliminate the need for Outlook to try and parse the data into the
> correct fields (and thus make it language agnostic).

After 45 minuts talk with, what must be the most incompetend phone
technician, I've ever cross path with (MS support hotline) we reached the
agreement, that it is a bug in the danish version of Outlook.

Reason?
The danish version of Outlook, have always (at least >= 2000) had ZIP as the
first field (after name) and provice/state as the last (before contry). But
it seems that in DK-2003, for me it seems that they just put the old names
(field labels) into the dialog box, but forgot to change the field data
acordingly. Henc then, THE BUG.

Anyone have an ideer how to change the dialogbox?, sinc this is a very
annoying problem.

0
Mje (6)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Need help with this problem
Hello, I need a hand with the following problem as I have not used Excel fo quite a while. --------There are 4 categories of goods - A,B,C,D --------Each category has 100 goods/supplies that range in price fro $4.00 -$26.00(cents are inclusive: ie - one particular item in categor A costs $15.41) --------A certain # of goods must be chosen from each category a follows: A - 3 B - 4 C - 3 D - ONLY 1 ITEM IS NEEDED FROM THIS CATEGORY. HERE IS THE TRICKY PART: A buyer must select the exact number of goods required from eac category and the total cost of all 11 chosen goods cannot exceed $100.0...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

virus attacks against Exchange

Lost contact list 01-02-10
Having transferred to WLM from Windows Mail I was pleased to see the contacts already listed in the lower lefthand side as they used to do in Outlook Express. However, on clicking a 'down arrow' the list disappeared. I can of course get the contacts via the icon at the bottom or via the 'GO' button but how do I get the list back as before please? WLMail does not display the contact list in the lower left corner. It is easier to start typing a name or address and select from the list. This has the advantage of including other email addresses besides the defaul...

Timezone and date problems Vista / XP
Hi @ all, users reported 2 issues to me where I'm currently not finding a solution for. 1.) We have created a custom entity "Training. If Vista CRM client creates an object of that type and setting a date field the date is displayed on a XP client with one day difference. If the XP client corrects the date on both clients the date is the same. Can anyone reproduce that behavior? 2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send date displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Money 2004 Problem
Reports in 2004: 1. different from previous money version. 2. Double spaces on some report didn't on previous version 3. Transfers via category causes the entrt to disappear for awhile then it reappears. ? ? Why is it that Microsoft messes up the good features when they release new versions. 4. be CAREFUL using online HELP they are confused about Money 2004. 5. If anyone knows of any fixs for 2004 let me know -- PLEASE ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...