Exchange Cluster

I am looking for information regarding deployment of an
Exchange Cluster in a Blade configuration.  Thanks Ken
0
anonymous (74722)

First and formost, make sure your hardware is on the HCL.  Support would
only be "best effort" if it is not.
The following link will get you to the Deploying Microsoft Exchange 2000
Server Clusters:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/default.mspx

Exchange 2003 Clusters cna be found in the Exchange 2003 Deploymnet Guide at
the following location:
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/default.mspx

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

"Ken Hill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for information regarding deployment of an
> Exchange Cluster in a Blade configuration.  Thanks Ken

0
nicbas (128)

white spaces in exchange 5.5
Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white space is on an exchange 5.5 server? On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:07:02 -0800, Arthur <Arthur @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white >space is on an exchange 5.5 server? > "eseutil /ms" will give a detailed account of the free space. Events 1221 will give you the minimum amount to be recovered. More Info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186291&Product=ech "XADM: Cannot Determine Free Spa...

System Manager crash in Exchange 2003
Hi, When launching the System Manager for Exchange 2003 (on Windows Server 2003), it immediately crashes and I receive the following error in the event log: Event ID: 1000 Faulting application exadmin.dll, version 6.5.6944.0, stamp 3edc4e02, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, stamp 3e802494, debug? 0, fault address 0x000249d3. I have tried registering or unregistering exadmin.dll with regsvr32 but then get the following popup: DllRegisterServer in exadmin.dll failed. Return code was: 0xe06d7363 The server seems to be working fine but I cannot administer it any longe...

exchange rate per transaction
Is it possible to enter exchange rate at a transaction level without entering it in into the exchange rate table? We maintain weekly exchange rates in Great Plains (which are typically used for invoices). However, when we make payments, we get an exchange rate from the bank which varies from transaction to transaction. We would like to enter this rate on the transaction but do not want to have all of these exchange rates in our exchange tables? Has anyone come across this one before. Go to Tools>Setup>Financial>Multicurrency Make sure the first box under "Allow" is c...

exchange 2000 to 2003 #2
Hello, My org is considering migrating to exc2k3 from exc2k. Currently all our servers run on win2k and the domain is in native mode. We already run exc2k enterprise due to storage requirements. Can you let me know what we would need software wise to move to win2k3/exc2k3, including CALS. Would we needs exc2k3 enterprise? Do you have any good docs on uprading the AD/Exchange from 2k to 2k3? Thanks. You really need to check with your MS reseller on licensing. Whether you need Exchange Enterprise is really dependent on your needs. Two of the biggest limitations with standard are a si...

Slow Start when oulook connect to Exchange Server
Hi, My company uses Exchange 2000 for about 1 and half year. Everything OK until last month. Within the local network, all users face a problem when Outlook open and connect to exchange server, a error pop up. Connection To Microsoft Exchange Server Your Microsoft Exchange Server is nuavailable. Retry Work Offline Cancel After retry 2 to 3 times, outlook can start. And everything alright. The network speed is OK. I have put the server IP in the client's hosts file, edit the RPC Binding order in both client and server, still cannot help. Anyone know the s...

How to restart exchange 2000 without rebooting the server
after making changes, the Exchange server needs to be restarted according to some suggestions I've seen in this newsgroup. How can I do it without rebooting the server? What kind of changes? Is it an OS level change? then you have to restart the server. Otherwise try restarting the SA service. -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ "RobGMiller" <RobGMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30D51221-45C6-444B-9C90-3B8E149DAF91@microsoft.com... > after making changes, the Exchange server needs to be restarted acc...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

Exchange Testing
Trying to set up Outlook Mobile Access. I have installed Exchange, accounts work great, Outlook Web Access works great but Outlook Mobile Access does this: Unable to connect to your mailbox on server TEST1. Please try again later. If the problem persists contact your administrator. Which is poop because I have OMA enabled in the Mobile Services Global Settings and have the account I am trying to access enabled for accessing OMA. I am connecting using standard ol http Help! Derek "Derek Martin" <dmj2195@okstate.edu> wrote in news:e8EYv9axDHA.3408 @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: >...

Using Exchange Server 2003 with POP3 account of ISP
Hi! I am running a Windows server 2003 and an Exchange server 2003. I would like to configure my exchange server to send and recieve internet email by using my ISP's POP3 account. How can i accomplish it. Also Please tell me if i would need seperate POP3 accounts with my ISP for every mailbox enabled recepient in my Exchange Organization or I could use one POP3 account to recieve all emails. I want to configure my server to use a dial up connection to the internet. Thanx in Advance. Manu Singhal Hi, I think you have to establish a connector to your ISP mailserver. Open the exch...

Exchange 5.5 Disaster assistance
I am hoping I can find someone with considerable knowledge with Exchange 5.5. I have a client whos 5.5 server crashed. I have restored their databases from a good backup and cannot start the exchange services.I would be greatful if there is anyone who could assist me with this issue. Microsoft has stopped support with 5.5, and in working with them on Exchange 2003 issues, know that their engineers know how to still support this version, but their hands are tied. Thank you in Advance. On 18 Nov 2006 14:43:14 -0800, jrlongo@earthlink.net wrote: >I am hoping I can find someone with conside...

Microsoft Exchange
I'm trying to turn on Junk e-mail rules and I get an error messaging saying I need to close Outlook and connection to the Exchange server. Help! What version of Outlook are we talking about here and what type of e-mail account service are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Glinda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12d901c478d1$23027c80$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to turn on Jun...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

exchange version 6.5 build 7226.6: service pack 1 delivers blank m
hi, we use exchange 2003 sp1(version 6.5 build 7226.6: service pack 1) and we have the following problem: - when some of our PDA users sends an e-mail - some of the exchange recipients that receive the e-mail as part of a group - can see no body for the e-mail - it is just blank; on the client side users user outlook 2003. Those are the headers of the two e-mails: Header of the e-mail taken from recipients mailbox - there is no e-mail body - empty/blank: ==================== Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="win...

Exchange & GetStream
Hello Im developing an application using CDO. On certain .eml messages - i get an error calling "GetStream" on the Message after loading it. I found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834784/en-us which says there's a bug in exchange 2000 and installing sp3 solves this. This bug reproduces only on my win2003 server, and not on my home xp sp2 machine, with the same .eml file. The link above sounds irrelevant to me, since its a win2003 server. Please help, Thanks ...

help with MX Records and Exchange
I just installed SBS2003 Standard Ed. I do not know where my MX Records are found so that I can change it with my ISP(yahoo) that is hosting my website. where do i find it or what can i do? Also i can send e-mails out from the user@mydomain.com but can not receive is this why I need the MX Records to add to my ISP? Please Help I'm puzzled Many domain registrars provide this service, it's quite likely they're hosting it for you. If you host your web site at an ISP, that's another possiblity. Check your domain records at the registrar to find out IP addresses and names of ...

Please help me!! Exchange SBS 2000 - receives ok
Hello I have a rather confusing situation at the moment. It is taking hours for emails to arrive at addresses i send to through exchange server 2000 on SBS 2000. I receive emails to me instantly through exchange server. To test the sending i set up a performance monitor to provide the number of emails in the send queue. When i click send, the performance shows the number in the queue as 1, then promptly returns to 0. As far as i understand it, this shows the email has left the queue. I have also looked at the queue in the system manager and frozen the outbound email to monitor the queue. As s...

exchange 5.5 outbound message queue waiting in ims
system is generating 1000's of messages in the imc outbound waiting message queue. I'm shutdown the ims and check the routing tap. it show do not re route smtp mail. i have flush the queues. and then the restarted the ims. everything look good for about 5 minutes and then they started again. i deleted the ims and reinstalled it, i checked the guess account and made sure it was disabled, it was. i downloaded a patch from microsoft for exchange 5.5. when i turn off the imc the problem goes away. what am i missing. help ...

CRM-Exchange E-mail Router Setup
Enviroment: Server1: Windows 2003 Standard (latest Service Packs), CRM 3.0, IIS 6.0 Server 2&3: Windows 2003 Enterprise (latest Service Packs), Cluster (Active/Passive), Exchange 2003 with SP2 During Installation, when it requests the following: (Specify the domain and user name for the mailbox to use.) mailbox name: Domain\username I enter the domain\username and I recieve the follwoing error: Either Microsoft is not installed on this server, or the mailbox is not local to this Exchange Server. If I misspell the name, I recieved the following: The mailbox is not valid. User 'us...

Replacing Exchange Server.
Hi, I am planning on replacing my current Exchange 2003 server with a new one. i had a bad time once before doing this (maybe because it was a domain controller also) this one is just exchange server only. i have many microsoft articles. very overwelmed. what is the best way to replace it?is it best to keep the same org name? i only have 50 users . so if i have to change the org name it's ok. please advise on what's best for me. On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 06:40:03 -0700, steve <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am planning on replacing my current Exchange 20...

OWA communicating to Exchange over Dynamic/Staic Ports
Hey Guys, I have 10 Exchange 2003 back-end servers, and one of them is configured with static ports as decribed in Microsoft's knowledge article Ports (6001/6002/6004). However, I have a front OWA Server configured with default dynamic ports. Can the OWA Server still talk to all back-end Exchange servers even if 9 are running dynamic ports (1025-65000) and only 1 is running static ports?? Or do all the back-end servers have to be running either static or dynamic and not a combination of the two. Thanks ...

To view GAL in Head office exchange
Hi all, We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible. Regional offices have Exchange 2003 as well as Head office and are link through VPN. Appreciate all help Thank you !! =?Utf-8?B?Um95IFN0b24=?= <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1AC2966D-4656-43FB-8B3E-191EFD856EF0@microsoft.com: > We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the > users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible. > > Regional offices h...

Exchange 2003 Backup/Restore or Swing?
I'm just starting to plan reformatting/reinstalling Exchange 2003 on my current Exchange 2003 server. I'm going to be upgrading it from Win2003 SP1 to Win2003 R2 at the same time. I have 3 drives in a RAID5 structure, but the partitions are poorly designed (C, E, F, W), I'm running out of space on them for offline defragmentation. Instead of having 4 separate partitions (for OS, Exchange DB, Exchange Logs, and another one for web content), I want to consolidate it down to a single C partition. In one of the Microsoft Exchange Disaster Recovery webcasts, they mention that...

Exchange Mailbox store wont mount
A client of mine mistakenly deleted an active exchange 2000 server log file. After this action the mailbox store failed to mount even though the Information store service is running. The backup he has is 2 days old. How can he recover without loosing data. Thanks. You had better call PSS on this one. There is a slight chance that you can walk out of this with no data loss, but normally when you delete an active log file (hasn't been committed fully yet), you are going to have *some* data loss. Fixing this will likely involve using Isinteg and/or Eseutil, but you will want PSS on th...

Exchange 2007
I recently delted a TON of stuff, and also moved mail out of users mailbox. However, my database stays the same size at 25 Gig. I heard not to run EDBUTIL unless there is a problem. How else can I make the database recoginze these changes? It has been a few days already and no change on the database, even with the deleted mailboxes, moved mail and deleted items.... "Brian Z" <phillyfunnyguy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uwBTWVtjKHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I recently delted a TON of stuff, and also moved mail out of users mailbox. >However, my ...

Exchange Server 5.5 Spam??
I'm trying to determine why my Internet Mail Connector's "Outbound Messages Awaiting Delivery" queue constantly has hundreds of messages awaiting delivery, yet the originator is listed as <>? I've checked the server to ensure it is not being used as a relay and all indications tell me that I'm "relay secure". Any help would be very much appreciated. We're using Exchange 5.5 SP3. Thanks in advance. These are not spam messages but rather NDRs your server is trying to send out to domains who probably tried to use your server for spam telling ...