Exchange backup skipped why??

Hi

i have win 2000 SP4 domain the exchange 2000 installed on it , every day i
review the transaction log files after doing the backup for the exchange i
find it aouto delete the unneaded files but 2 days ago the backup fail giving
the next error in the NTBACKUP report :

Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: 4mm DDS
Media name: "Media created 02/06/2005 at 11:58 AM"

Backup of "servername\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group"
Backup set #1 on media #1
Backup description: "Set created 02/06/2005 at 11:58 AM"
Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 02/06/2005 at 12:00 PM.
WARNING: Portions of "\Mailbox Store (servername)" cannot be read.  The
backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
WARNING: Portions of "\Public Folder Store (servername)" cannot be read.
The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
WARNING: Portions of "\Log Files" cannot be read.  The backed up data is
corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
Backup completed on 02/06/2005 at 12:00 PM.
Directories: 4
Files: 0
Time:  8 seconds
Media name: "Media created 02/06/2005 at 11:58 AM"

Backup of "servername\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group"
Backup set #2 on media #1
Backup description: "Set created 02/06/2005 at 11:58 AM"
Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 02/06/2005 at 12:00 PM.
Backup completed on 02/06/2005 at 12:01 PM.
Directories: 3
Files: 3
Time:  32 seconds

----------------------

Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: 4mm DDS
Media name: "Media created 02/06/2005 at 12:08 PM"

Backup of "servername\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group"
Backup set #1 on media #1
Backup description: "Set created 02/06/2005 at 12:09 PM"
Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 02/06/2005 at 12:19 PM.
WARNING: Portions of "\Mailbox Store (servername)" cannot be read.  The
backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
WARNING: Portions of "\Public Folder Store (servername)" cannot be read.
The backed up data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
WARNING: Portions of "\Log Files" cannot be read.  The backed up data is
corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
Backup completed on 02/06/2005 at 12:19 PM.
Directories: 4
Files: 0
Time:  12 seconds
Media name: "Media created 02/06/2005 at 12:08 PM"

Backup of "servername\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group"
Backup set #2 on media #1
Backup description: "Set created 02/06/2005 at 12:09 PM"
Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 02/06/2005 at 12:19 PM.
Backup completed on 02/06/2005 at 12:20 PM.
Directories: 3
Files: 3
Time:  26 seconds

----------------------

so if any body can help me i'll apreciate

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=810411

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 02:49:24 -0700, Maged N. Roshdy
<MagedNRoshdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]
>This file will not restore correctly.
>WARNING: Portions of "\Log Files" cannot be read.  The backed up data is
>corrupt or incomplete.
>This file will not restore correctly.
>Backup completed on 02/06/2005 at 12:19 PM.
>Directories: 4
>Files: 0
>Time:  12 seconds
>Media name: "Media created 02/06/2005 at 12:08 PM"
>
>Backup of "servername\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group"
>Backup set #2 on media #1
>Backup description: "Set created 02/06/2005 at 12:09 PM"
>Backup Type: Normal
>
>Backup started on 02/06/2005 at 12:19 PM.
>Backup completed on 02/06/2005 at 12:20 PM.
>Directories: 3
>Files: 3
>Time:  26 seconds
>
>----------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>so if any body can help me i'll apreciate

0
adavid (8731)

SBS 2008 Backup-Fails with Creation of the shared protection point
Hi - am maintaining a SBS 2008 Premium server for a local firm. Recently (for over a week now) when I check the backup component of console at start of day I see the following message - "Creation of the shared protection point timed out. Unknown error (0x81000101)" and the backup has failed. I have done a bit of a google search and not found much. At the start I could do a manual backup and that woudl work, then a manual backup aftger a shutdown and restart, but now it just refuses point blank. The server is up to date. The data on this server is ABSOLUTLEY ESEN...

Exchange 2003 Not Storing Email in Sent Items
We just migrated over to 2003 and Exchange 2003 and have been noticing sporadic occasions of some email not being saved in sent items. No, there are no filter, rules or anything on the outlook clients and this does NOT happen on ever mail so "save sent items" is turned on. At first it seemed that it was only emails that were old but I have users reporting that after creating a brand new email they are not stored. I have another user that when he forwards a certain email it will not show up no matter how many times you try. I've logged in using OWE and other workstations with ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

Exchange and PST files
Just wanted to ping you about any information you have about using PST's in a production domain environment. I have heard that it's not a good idea, but I was curious what made it a bad one. Currently, users in my exchange org have a dedicated file server that hosts all their PST files over the network. So backup isn't a problem. I do realize that there is a 2GB limit on PST files which is an escalating problem the longer time goes on. Anybody have any good ideas about how to implement a policy that will allow exchange users to continue to archive mail, but won't allow them to...

Backup failure for Outlook.pst
I have an HP laptop running Windows XP and have Outlook 2003. I have never been able to get a backup of this file. I backup to an external Maxtor hard drive. I formerly used Retrospect Express HD and everything on the computer would backup except Outlook.pst. I recently switched my backup software to Symantec's Norton 360 and the same occurs. During backup I have Outlook closed. I make sure no other processes are using Outlook. I have turned off virus checking and firewall software, all to no avail. I tried copying the Outlook.pst file directly to the hard drive (witho...

Exchange Information Store did not start
After i removed the Exchange 2000 server, the email stopped so i restarted the Exchange 2003. This server has been a little problem since upgrading the server to Windows 2003SP1. The Information Store does not automatically start. I have been sent a fix to remove the Exchange 2003 service and reinstall it but have not had the opportunity to complete that task yet. A reboot on the Exchange Server makes me manually start the Information Store and MTA. This time the Information Store errored out and the services showed the Information Store as 'Starting'. I could not do anything wit...

Exchange 2003 Default Mail Box
In Exchange 5.5 there used to be Default mail box where all unresolved recipient emails used to get diverted. I am unable to find a setting in Exchange 2003 to achieve this.All the incoming SMTP mail with misspelt name stay in the queue untill expiry time and then get deleted. I have no possiblity to correct recipient address in the queue also. Is any one able to help in this regard? Any tips for this will be appreciated. Thanks These mails are usually deposited in the Bad Mail Folder under your exchsrvr directory. You can verify by checking your SMTP VS settings. -- John Oliver, J...

Code a Backup database
Is it possible to code a button command subject to a true /false box to Backup the database to say C:/temp -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Firstly, it would be best to split the database into front and back ends so that you are only backing up the data each time. The database splitter wizard can do this for you. Spitting a database has many other advantages too. You can then back up the back end file to any location you like using the following procedure, passing the full path to the...

Entourage stops connecting with Exchange server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel From time to time Entourage does not seem to be able to connect to the Exchange server. Under Leopard this usually happens after I work offline for a while then attempt to go back online. Connection is across a VPN. It usually resolves itself after a while (typically 10 - 15 minutes). It's almost as if Entourage needs some time to think about whether or not it wants to talk to the Exchange server. I upgraded my O/S to Snow Leopard a few hours ago. And Entourage is still unable to connect to the Exchange server. In f...

Exchange 2003 & deleting SMTP address
Hi all, Under 5.5 we could delete the SMTP address of a user, who was terminated or left, to disallow email from coming in from the outside. Under 2003, if you only have theSMTP address, it won't let you delete it because it is the primary address. Is there a way to bypass this or some function I am not aware of to delete the address. We don't delete or archive the email account right away for various reasons but need to disable smtp traffic. Thanks in advance. Chris Do you disable the user account once they leave? If this is the case anyone who sends to this user will receive...

Userid & password not remembered (Exchange 5.5)
Not sure where this problem resides, so I'm posting to multiple groups . I manage a W2K AD domain. We have several workstations that do a local logon (with the same userid and password as their domain login). They have Office 2003 installed. Outlook is set up to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server. When a user launches Outlook for the first time, they have to set it up and define the mail account. This works as expected for everyone. The problem we have is that for a small number of users they get prompted for their domain userid and password every time they launch Outlook. This is d...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

'ID no: 80090324 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred'
Has anyone out there come across the error above. I cannot start the System Attendant on a Front End server, which is configured the same as the back end server for all TCP/IP related information. When I searched Google I came across http://www.exchangeserverhelp.com/ftopic3791.html. I have verified the information suggested in this link, and yet I cannot start the SA. Any suggestions someone? "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone out there come across the error above. I cannot start the System >Attendant on a Front End server, which is configure...

Dynamics CRM 4 without Exchange but with Lotus Domino
Hi everyone, I'd like to know if in Dynamics CRM v4 you need exchange to route the incoming mail to the queues, because I have heard that in version 4 you don't need to have exchange server. We have Lotus Domino as email server and we'd like to get the incoming mail via E-mail Router Configuration Mnager in Dynamics CRM v4. I don't know if these steps are correct: 1. Create two profiles (one for incoming mails and one for outgoing mails) 2. Create a new deployment to connect with dynamics CRM server. 3. Load Data. 4. Modify the incoming or outgoing profile for a user or que...

Can you paste to protected spreadsheet and skip over locked cells?
I have a spreadsheet that has some cells locked and others that are not. I need to refresh the data on the page every month. I want to be able to copy the new data and paste it into the spreadsheet. The catch is that I do not want the locked cells to be changed. Is there a way to paste so that Excel will ignore those locked cells and skip over them? At this time it says that cells are locked and does not paste anything. Thanks Webmonk wrote... >I have a spreadsheet that has some cells locked and others that are >not. I need to refresh the data on the page every month. I want to...

Exchange 2007 archiving
Hi, I want to setup a simple procedure to archive all messages for all mailboxes on my server, on a yearly basis. My idea is to run the following command for each one : Export-Mailbox -Identity mailbox1 -PSTFolderPath d:\export\mailbox1-2009.pst -StartDate "2009/01/01" -EndDate "2009/12/31" Customers will open the corresponding PST file whenever they need. I'm wondering if all folders are exported. According to Technet (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266964%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx), only the standard folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Junk, ...) ...

Exchange server reboot to allow check name in outlook
Why on a daily basis do I need to reboot the exchange server in order for the "Check Name" feature in outlook to work. If I reboot, it will work for a while but when I add new users in AD, after a day or so, I have to reboot for the feature to work. If there is a service that I can restart for this to work, it would be much easier than rebooting the server. Thanks, Dan - MCP You should not need to do this so there is something else going on and you need to identify the underlying issue. Can you explain in more detail what is happening? Nue "Field Support Rep" <...

Is exchange server a good choice for an office with 5 pcs?
I work for a small company. There is "the boss", a secretary, and two other people who occaisionally use a pc. We had been networking as a workgroup until last week. All pcs had access to various files on a shared network drive. Last week, the owner's son (who works for a large corporation IT department hundreds of miles away) decided we needed to go client server. He purchased a domain server, changed us from workgroup to domain based computing, and installed Exchange Server. Since then we have had lots of problems. This reconfiguration was done without any analysi...

Unable to HIDE addresses in GAL with Exchange 2003 mixed mode
I am running a new Exchange 2003 server in mixed mode with an Exchange 5.5 server. I have an ADC connection agreement that is working to my old server. I mark users as "Hide from address lists", but this has no effect. These users and distribution lists still appear in the GAL. The Recipient Update Service is running, and working. I have rebuilt and forced them to replicate with no change. I have seen many posts on Google with this problem, but no solutions. Little help??? Aaron Gabrielson aaron_gabrielson@hotmail.com they show in the GAL on the 2003 side, or the 5.5 side? ...

Exchange 2003 and a Linux box
Until last week, we ran a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environment(single domain) with a sole, ancient Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows NT box. About a year ago, some outside company brought in a Sun Server and, without my intervention, was able to set up that box to email outside the company a report every week. To my knowledge, nobody had to do anything to the Exchange server to get this to work. Now last week we migrated that sole exchange server to Exchange 2003. Everything works perfectly, but that Sun Server no longer can send out emails. The Sun server has the new IP ...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Restore online backup of DS and IS need urgent help
Platform: Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT. Exchange Serve crashed, have online backup of DS & IS using ntbackup backup ds servername is servername /t normal. I have restored a fresh server with same server name. Yet to install exchange, please how do I move forward? We need the server at the state before crash with all the mails. read this before you do anything else - it explains it all: http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRestore.asp "Jerome" <Jerome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0377385A-302E-465C-8B99-2121A2FC55C3@micr...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

sharing calendars with exchange
Hi, I'm looking to setup a new AD based network with 2 physical sites to begin with. Each of these sites will have a Windows 2003 server for file/print and another one for Exchange. The sites will be be connected via a VPN over ADSL (512k/256k) to begin with, but 10mbit/s at a later date. Since there is only going to be 1 AD will any calendars that are shared, be viewable by users at both sites? Thanks If this is posted in the incorrect place, please let mw know. Ian ...

Backup And Restore Issues
I'm in the process of creating a backup server. I'm having problems backing up my exchange. I am using NTBACKUP, I choose to backup microsoft exchange server/pdc/microsoft information store/first storage group After running the backup I see 3 folders; log files, mailbox store and public folder store. There are no files inside these folders. SHouldn't there be database files there? Steve: How long does it take to backup? How big is the DB? "steve tysinger" wrote: > I'm in the process of creating a backup server. I'm having problems backing &g...