Exchange Attributes missing from 2000 DC Controller

Hi guys,

I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but thought
I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We have a
windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema but has no
2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that is running
Exchange 2003.

1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory on
the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading the
active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the
exchange attributes?

2: Where can I get the remote admin tools for active directory from so that
I can install on a client machine? Which version would I need if it isn't
obvious?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Rich

0
Centra (15)

1. Install Exchange System Management Tools on the Domain Controller by
running Exchange setup. This installs the necessary COM objects to be able
to see the Exchange-related tabs in user properties in ADUC.
2. For administering from client, install Adminpak.msi from the Windows
server CD (and if you also want to administer Exchange/Exchange-related
attributes, install Exchange System Management Tools on the client as well).

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

<Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but
> thought I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We
> have a windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema
> but has no 2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that
> is running Exchange 2003.
>
> 1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory on
> the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading the
> active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the
> exchange attributes?
>
> 2: Where can I get the remote admin tools for active directory from so
> that I can install on a client machine? Which version would I need if it
> isn't obvious?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
8/16/2006 4:06:15 PM
Exellent!! Thanks very much Bharat.

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> 1. Install Exchange System Management Tools on the Domain Controller by
> running Exchange setup. This installs the necessary COM objects to be able
> to see the Exchange-related tabs in user properties in ADUC.
> 2. For administering from client, install Adminpak.msi from the Windows
> server CD (and if you also want to administer Exchange/Exchange-related
> attributes, install Exchange System Management Tools on the client as
> well).
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> <Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have two questions that I am sure I shoudl know the answers to but
>> thought I would get a quicker response from newsgroups than my memory; We
>> have a windows 2000 domain that has been upgraded to windows 2003 schema
>> but has no 2003 Domain Controlllers. There is one 2003 member server that
>> is running Exchange 2003.
>>
>> 1: We can only modify/ view the Exchange attributes of active directory
>> on the 2003 member servers active directory. Is there anyway of upgrading
>> the active directory managers on the 2000 domain controllers to show the
>> exchange attributes?
>>
>> 2: Where can I get the remote admin tools for active directory from so
>> that I can install on a client machine? Which version would I need if it
>> isn't obvious?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Rich

0
Centra (15)

Exchange Cluster

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

A "Send To" option is missing from right click menu
Hi: I have win xp pro sp3 here. I have always been able to open a folder with Win Explorer, and right click a file name and then, under "Send To", I would see a choice called "Mail Recipient" which would allow sending that file with my default email program which is Thunderbird. Suddenly, after some years, this choice of "Mail Recipient" no longer is available. Bummer. What to do? Sardine On 12/6/2009 3:42 PM On a whim, Sardine pounded out on the keyboard > Hi: > I have win xp pro sp3 here. > I have always been able to open a fol...

Exchange / POP3

controls inside tooptip
Hi, How do we insert a tree control inside a tooltip similar to the one used by VS2005 to display the call graph ? Thanks "Kuenga" <sagkumar@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:71173d87-c9d5-401a-838d-e6715d5972b9@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > How do we insert a tree control inside a tooltip similar to the one > used by VS2005 to display the call graph ? I don't know about the specific problem of inserting a tree control inside a tooltip (I don't know if it is possible with the standard tooltip... maybe you should create a custom tooltip window c...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Date Button in Header (Excel 2000)
Is there a way to change the format of the date button in the header? I get 12/11/04 and would like December 11, 2004. Thanks, Jim I bet you're writing about File|page setup|Header/footer tab and clicking that date button to insert the current date (you get this: &[Date] in the header section. If yes, you could type anything you want (a static date, though). Or you could use a macro that sets the header whenever you print/print preview. I recorded a macro when I changed the header. I got this code (after deleting lots of stuff I didn't care about): With ActiveSheet...

Query- missing values- Nz function
Apologies for anyone who has just read my previous question, I have just read some infomation about Nz functions and so am re-phrasing my question to explain it better. In a query I am trying to create I have one field which is the date. For every date I have corresponding values for income 1, income 2 etc. For some dates there is no value for Income 2 for example, and so instead of just leaving a blank space, the query wizard is missing this date out completely. Is there a way I can format the fields so that if there is no value for it a '0' is displayed to ensure that the ...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Exchange 2007 RSG and Isinteg
We are running exchange 2007 on a windows 2008 server, both are fully patched. We backup with Backup Exec 12.5, again fully patched. All of our backups finish without any problems. Our problem; when i restore a database backup to a RSG and then try to restore a mailbox i recieve errors telling me that the maxium number of corrupted messages has been reached. i tried moving the limit up, but i have to move the limit up to 5000 before it works and then i only get a few emails not the complete contents of the mailbox. After a bit of research i found a few similar cases. These were resolv...