Exchange and POP email in same profile

Gurus,

Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a
new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered
to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the
POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The
dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.
Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with
Exchange 2003.

Thanks!
0
Holo20 (45)

Yes its possible to have POP and Exchange accounts but as you found Outlook
wants a single delivery location. Is there any reason why you don't want a
single delivery location? You could setup a rule to sort inbound email.

Nue
"Holo20" <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gurus,
>
> Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
> exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account
> on a
> new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail
> delivered
> to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify
> the
> POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
> The
> dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL
> accounts.
> Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003
> with
> Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/14/2006 7:08:07 PM

In news:4D4A34F8-8E7C-4D2B-B577-C47B7C51C0E3@microsoft.com,
Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Gurus,
>
> Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP
> address exist in the same profile?

Possible? Yes.
Supported? Yes, in Outlook 2002/2003 and onwards.
Recommended? No.

> I ask because, while setting up a
> new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the
> Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server),
> and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail
> delivered to the .pst on the local machine.

That's correct.

> The dialog box only wants
> the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.

Yep. That's the way it works - it's per profile. The only other option would
be to use rules to deliver mail sent to the POP account, to a folder in the
PST file.  But that's a bit clunky.
> Do I have to
> use two different profiles in this case?

Yes - and even if you did want everything delivered to the mailbox, I don't
like mixing account types in Outlook.

> Using Outlook 2003 with
> Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks!

HTH.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/14/2006 7:11:51 PM
Thank you for your reply.

In this case, it is my boss' computer; he has his Exchange address
(business), and then a POP address, his personal one. He does not want all
his personal mail that comes into Outlook through the POP address, in turn
saved on the Exchange server (our organization has Journaling enabled), which
is what is happening now because the attribute is set to deliver mail to
'Mailbox - Boss Man'. I've only just realized today that it seems there is no
way to have the mail in one profile delivered to two different locations.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Yes its possible to have POP and Exchange accounts but as you found Outlook
> wants a single delivery location. Is there any reason why you don't want a
> single delivery location? You could setup a rule to sort inbound email.
>
> Nue
> "Holo20" <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Gurus,
> >
> > Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
> > exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account
> > on a
> > new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail
> > delivered
> > to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify
> > the
> > POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
> > The
> > dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL
> > accounts.
> > Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003
> > with
> > Exchange 2003.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Holo20 (45)
3/14/2006 7:32:31 PM
It helps a lot. Thanks!!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:4D4A34F8-8E7C-4D2B-B577-C47B7C51C0E3@microsoft.com,
> Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > Gurus,
> >
> > Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP
> > address exist in the same profile?
>
> Possible? Yes.
> Supported? Yes, in Outlook 2002/2003 and onwards.
> Recommended? No.
>
> > I ask because, while setting up a
> > new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the
> > Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server),
> > and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail
> > delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
>
> That's correct.
>
> > The dialog box only wants
> > the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.
>
> Yep. That's the way it works - it's per profile. The only other option would
> be to use rules to deliver mail sent to the POP account, to a folder in the
> PST file.  But that's a bit clunky.
> > Do I have to
> > use two different profiles in this case?
>
> Yes - and even if you did want everything delivered to the mailbox, I don't
> like mixing account types in Outlook.
>
> > Using Outlook 2003 with
> > Exchange 2003.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> HTH.

0
Holo20 (45)
3/14/2006 8:07:30 PM
I recommend you configure your boss to use Outlook Express for his personal
mail.  He'll be a lot less confused that way too.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> It helps a lot. Thanks!!
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:4D4A34F8-8E7C-4D2B-B577-C47B7C51C0E3@microsoft.com,
>> Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> > Gurus,
>> >
>> > Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP
>> > address exist in the same profile?
>>
>> Possible? Yes.
>> Supported? Yes, in Outlook 2002/2003 and onwards.
>> Recommended? No.
>>
>> > I ask because, while setting up a
>> > new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the
>> > Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server),
>> > and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail
>> > delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
>>
>> That's correct.
>>
>> > The dialog box only wants
>> > the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts.
>>
>> Yep. That's the way it works - it's per profile. The only other option
>> would
>> be to use rules to deliver mail sent to the POP account, to a folder in
>> the
>> PST file.  But that's a bit clunky.
>> > Do I have to
>> > use two different profiles in this case?
>>
>> Yes - and even if you did want everything delivered to the mailbox, I
>> don't
>> like mixing account types in Outlook.
>>
>> > Using Outlook 2003 with
>> > Exchange 2003.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> HTH.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/14/2006 9:12:33 PM
Set him up with two profiles. One for his Exchange and one for his POP3.
Have Outlook prompt him which profile he wishes to access.

"Holo20" <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gurus,
>
> Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address
> exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account
> on a
> new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail
> delivered
> to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify
> the
> POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine.
> The
> dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL
> accounts.
> Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003
> with
> Exchange 2003.
>
> Thanks!

0
allen.miyake (137)

Exchange Cluster

Reminder window doesn't pop up
When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a window in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or keyboard at the time. Is there a setting for this? How do I make it pop up as it used to on my older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur when my back is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk? WinXPPro and Outlook 2003. Thanks, Mich What add-ins do you have running in Outlook? IIRC, one of them, Plaxo I think, causes reminder windows to pop up behind the ac...

Exchange

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

Part Specific Outsourcing detail for MO-POP
Let's say you send almost every item to an outside vendor for finishing and one OSV for packaging. Each vendor has a different item ID for finishing every item, though, and the cost is different. GP Item #, Vendor Item#, Cost/unit Item A Finish,Part1, $1.00 Item B FInish,Part2, $1.10 Item A Pack,Part1, $1.25 When setting up work Centers, we set up Finish & Packing as Work Centers. However, we'd like to have a different service code for each item so when we create the PO from the MO the item and description pop in correctly. Is there any way to accomplish this? I considered ...

Outlook Web not displaying email list
I am running xp pro and IE 6.0. When I connect to outlook web, it displays my shortcuts down the left side but it does not display my email list. What would be the causes of this? Thanks. Greg what do you see in the email list? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 &q...

Exchange / POP3

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Headings change when sent to email recipeint
I have created a spreadsheet that uses vertical names in the colum headings. When I send the spreadsheet to an email recipient, th headings revert to a horizontal format and are unreadable because o the narrow width of the columns. How can I prevent this from happening -- johnf4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnf45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1644 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27806 John, Your recipient would have to have the same settings as you. To overcome ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

how to forward emails with pictures or animated art
My computer does not forward pictures or emails with animation. Does anyone know how to make this function happen dscannell <dscannell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer does not forward pictures or emails with animation. Does > anyone know how to make this function happen What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2