exchange accounts will not delete from site

I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed.  Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list.  Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes.  However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name.  Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com.  How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can create the properly named accounts?
0
anonymous (74722)

Office 2004 will not install on MacBook Pro
Hi, I would be grateful for some help from any expert in the group. I have just bought a new MacBook Pro 17 inch. I have run Remove Office several times and tried to install my legitimate copy of MS Office:mac 2004 from disc. Each time I run Remove it tells me that there are files in Preferences. I select Remove and Empty Trash. I have also checked the Preferences folders and removed any Microsoft files manually. I have secure emptied the trash. And this just repeats... Every time I launch the installer it whirrs for a few seconds then quits. No amount of double clicking will r...

Problem Synchronising with Hotmail Account
This is the error message that I had been receiving:- Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' It was a random problem initially, but now I can't seems to sync at all. Please help. ...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

Exchange 2003 Tracking Center
Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the message tracking center they pull up but the subject line is left blank on all searches done. Do I have something miss configured that is causing the subject lines to be left blank? Thanks blusporttrac you have to enable "subject logging and display"...I do not believe it is enable by default... <blusporttrac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1117119115.669602.209960@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Im running Exchange 2003 and when I search for emails with the > message tracking center they pull up...

Site connector
Really basic question here, so apologies in advance. I probably know this but just want someone confirming it. In exchange 2003 system manger which icon represents a site connector? Thanks and apologies in advance! The yellow envelopes link together. Under Administrative Groups > (Name of Administrative Groups) > Routing Groups > (Name of Routing Group) > Connectors "Paul" wrote: > Really basic question here, so apologies in advance. I probably know this > but just want someone confirming it. > > In exchange 2003 system manger which icon represen...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

Outlook 2003 won't let me delete msg in Outbox
I have an email in my outbox that has a 6 MB attachment. Well, for whatever reason, Outlook was having issues sending the email, so after several hours, I decided to delete it. Pressing the delete button does nothing, no error. Trying to permenantly delete it (shift delete) and it gives me the error message "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." It's a bizarre error. I'm only using Outlook as a pop3 email reader. There's no exchange on the backend. This is with Windows XP Professional. Any help woul...

Connect to Exchange 2003 from a different domain
Hi!! Sorry, I don't speak english well :-) This is my network: domain 1: NT and XP Clients using Outlook domain 2: Exchange 2003 Each client use LMHOST to view Exchange server. I can connect with it and the first time I use Outlook I need to write: username, password and domain. I write the username,... from Exchange domain and Outlook works fine. So, from time to time, Outlook opens a new window to write this parameters. It's a nightmare!!! I haven't a trust relationship from domain 1 to domain 2, and I haven't configured mailboxes, it use default parameters. I tried to...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

WHY DID YOU DELETE MY POST?
All I did was ask for some help with massive amounts of spam coming to my exchange server. Please explalin to me why you deleted my post I really need some help with this issue. On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:21:03 -0700, "dath" <dath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All I did was ask for some help with massive amounts of spam coming to my >exchange server. Please explalin to me why you deleted my post I really need >some help with this issue. You want to look again, Seth and Will replied. Seth said: depending on your hardware, etc you can do this on the same server, ...

Income from Tax deferred Retirement account (Canadian RIFF)
I am using MONEY06. I have set up a Retirment account using IRA (actually for a canadian Retirement income fund-RIFF). And within the account I have purchased a CD with annual interest payment. The IRA Retirement account correctly categorizes the interst income as "TAX-DEFERRED INCOME". Question: When I start to withdraw from the retirement account, any amount withdrawn will be deemed to be taxable pension income. What do I need to do in registering such withdrawals so that I can see them as an income in an income report. I tried redeeming a portion of the CD, and trans...

New shared mailbox not inheriting permissions from the parent store in Exchange System Manager
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at all - either from its AD parent or from its par...

When will there be a "fix" between Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay?
Money 2004 was running smoothly. After downloading the update Money 2005, I could not get into MSN Bill pay, even using internet browser. Support people from MSN Bill Pay told me that somehow the link between Microsoft Passport and MSN bill pay was corrupted by Microsoft Money 2005, after the install of Money 2005. MSN Bill Pay support people told me that THIS IS A BIG problem that happening to many MSN Bill Pay users. They cannot fix it on their side, and Money 2005 must come up with the fix. Any word on the progress of this fix? Thanks, Greg ...

Exchange client alternative ?
I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three computers where I want that about 40-60 people should have access to checking their mail WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should be one username to the computer and some other authentication at the email client side. I was thinking of using Outlook Express & implementing identities. I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas. Thanks Peretz Stern Hi Peretz, You could use Outlook Express with different identities or you could use Outlook 2000 or above with a seperate profile for each user. You could go ...

Delete Administrators Mailbox
I have an administrators mailbox of 4.7GB - what repprcussions are there if I delete this ? would the option be to re-home the e-mail account first ?,then delete the msilbox -- William W Davidson Network Engineer On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:53:02 -0800, "William Davidson" <WilliamDavidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an administrators mailbox of 4.7GB - what repprcussions are there if I >delete this ? > >would the option be to re-home the e-mail account first ?,then delete the >msilbox You want to find out what's in it first and then prevent i...

Deleting Records based on criterion
I know about advanced filters and filtering out records based on a criterion. But if I wanted to use the approach of deleting the records that don't match a criterion, how would I go about this in Excel? I would rather not use a macro for this unless its the only way. Thanks, Bruce After you do your Autofilter (or in-place Advanced Filter) only the rows to be deleted will be visible. Select these rows (you only need to select one column) and do an Edit, Delete Row. Click Ok to the confirming prompt. Only the visible rows will be deleted (Excel is pretty smart<g>) just as y...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...

Imported/merged .ics file into calendar... how to undo/delete?
Hello. I accidentally imported an .ics file into my main calendar and am wondering if there's anyway to remove the entries that came from this ics file from my calendar? Thanks. Add the modified time field to the view then sort by it - all the imported events should be together with the same modified time. -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)
hi, I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP. I'll reply to someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send. Occasionally this would happen with my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the message would then appear italicized and ready to send. When I reopen the message in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear. Some messages send fine. I think, not sure, that the problem is wi...