exchange account always receive repeated email message

Hi all. I have a user who always receive a repeated email message for every
mail message. My office environment is using exchange 2003 and the user is
using his exchange account in outlook 2000. I have verified that there is
only 1 exchange account in his outlook profile and there is no mail message
rules. THks in advance.
0
inenewbl (26)

Has the user always had this issue ?
If you have a look at the message in the message tracking logs on the
Microsoft Exchange server, how many copies of the message are sent to them ?
Does it happen if they are the only recipient of the email ?
Are there any rules set up in the mailbox that would cause the message to
appear twice ?
Have you tried creating a new Outlook profile for the user ?

Regards

Paul Ford

"inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all. I have a user who always receive a repeated email message for
> every
> mail message. My office environment is using exchange 2003 and the user is
> using his exchange account in outlook 2000. I have verified that there is
> only 1 exchange account in his outlook profile and there is no mail
> message
> rules. THks in advance.

0
paulford1 (138)

Message for Milly "Gee!" Staples
It's NK2, not N2K. Thanks anyway. Finally found it. Alf and Rosalie Oh, and you have never mistyped anything, ever, in your entire life??? Thanks for the correction - it is now permanently noted. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rosalie asked: | It's NK2, not N2K. | Thanks anyway. | Finally found it. | | Alf and Rosalie Oh, and please ...

Bulk email limit
Hi Can someone please tell me whether there is a bulk email limit for sending a mass mail-out? I've just sent a Direct Email to approx. 10,000 contacts and although CRM looked like it was doing something for around an hour, it doesn't appear to have been sent (I was one of the contacts). Help!!! Sue ...

SMTP service stopping repeatedly please help
We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it just stops again. We tried installing sp1 but did not help. Any help would be appreciated Sincerley Jim Kiddoo Event logs indicate anything amiss? Jim Kiddoo wrote: > We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has > all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it > just stops again. > We tried installing sp1 but did not help. > Any help would be appreciated > Sincerley > Jim Kiddoo ...

Exchange Cluster

Your message was deleted without being read.
This option was available with exchange 5.5 and earlier outlook clients. Today, we are running exchange 2003 ee server along with outlook 2002 clients. Is there any way to tell if a global message is being deleted by users without being read without turing on the "read receipt" in tracking options? All I want to do is tell which users are deleting the messages internally. Thanks. mike No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx &qu...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

Reconciling accounts receivable and payable to the general ledger
Does anyone know of a tool that reconciles both the accounts receivable and payble trial balances to their respective general ledger accounts. thanks, -- JB Corporate Renaissance Group Has a product to do just that. "JB" wrote: > Does anyone know of a tool that reconciles both the accounts receivable and > payble trial balances to their respective general ledger accounts. > thanks, > -- > JB Go to www.swareindex.com (Software Index). They have Reconciler for Receivables/Payables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sonny Pawchuk" wrote: > Corporate Renai...

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

Exchange / POP3

Sending Error Message
When I press the Send/Receive button, it appears that Outlook 2003 is trying to send 3 or 4 files even though there are no files to be sent. I then get the following error message which quickly disappears: Task 'pop.xxxxxxx.com.au' - Sending reported error (0x80040201): 'Unknown Error 0x80040201'. Outlook seems to work OK otherwise. I do not have Outlook Express installed. I have vet, zonealarm, adaware, spybot etc and can't find any viruses, trojans etc. ...

can't send/receive #2
Help! I have Comcast and am trying to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook. I set the parameters according to Comcast directives. When I send the message hangs in the Outbox. When I click on Send/Receive" I get "Operation Failed". Any suggestions?? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:36:34 -0500, Joe & Eileen wrote: > Help! I have Comcast and am trying to switch from Outlook Express to > Outlook. I set the parameters according to Comcast directives. When I send > the message hangs in the Outbox. When I click on Send/Receive" I get > "Operation Fa...

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Blank message instead of "Do you wish to save changes to your document?"
I'm updating a program that was originally written by someone else. In their original version, when you attempt to close a document window that you made changes in, it gives you the usual dialog box, "Do you wish to save changes to Document, [Yes][No][Cancel]." However, in my new version of the program, the dialog that comes up is blank, although it does have the [Yes][No][Cancel] buttons on it. I'm curious as to what I did to mess this up as I don't recall messing around with document saving anywhere. Where in the code would I look for where it is bringing up the Sav...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Repeating send process
Hello I'm using outlook 2002 with sp2.My problem is that when I want to send new mail by pressing on send/receive button , in details window(send/receive progress window) it shows me several sending processes repeatedly . For example "`My ISP account name` sending `My ISP account name` sending `My ISP account name` sending ..." ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Headings change when sent to email recipeint
I have created a spreadsheet that uses vertical names in the colum headings. When I send the spreadsheet to an email recipient, th headings revert to a horizontal format and are unreadable because o the narrow width of the columns. How can I prevent this from happening -- johnf4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnf45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1644 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27806 John, Your recipient would have to have the same settings as you. To overcome ...