Exchange 5.5.Service Pack4 error

I have exchange server 5.5 sp2 on NT4 sp6 and I wanted to apply sp4 for exchange 5.5. But when I tried to apply sp4 I got an error message almost at the end of installation I am getting a Windows POP Up with following message
     " Access is denied Microsoft Windows NT ID no. 0xc0020005"
I tried two times once I stoped all the exchange services and Norton AV services manually, second time I tried without stoping any service but I got the same error. I have around 250 MB space in C drive where I have exchange files installed. I  am running sp4 installation from a CD. I have loged in as Domain administrator to the mail server. If I log in as Local administrator can I install SP4 for exchange server 5.5. Please help.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74721)

Try this.

243080 XADM: Access Denied During Service Pack Update 0xc0020005
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=243080

Craig

--
Craig Philbeck
a-cphil@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"net707" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have exchange server 5.5 sp2 on NT4 sp6 and I wanted to apply sp4 for
exchange 5.5. But when I tried to apply sp4 I got an error message almost at
the end of installation I am getting a Windows POP Up with following
message.
>      " Access is denied Microsoft Windows NT ID no. 0xc0020005"
> I tried two times once I stoped all the exchange services and Norton AV
services manually, second time I tried without stoping any service but I got
the same error. I have around 250 MB space in C drive where I have exchange
files installed. I  am running sp4 installation from a CD. I have loged in
as Domain administrator to the mail server. If I log in as Local
administrator can I install SP4 for exchange server 5.5. Please help.

> Thanks

0
a-cphil (97)

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

outlook 2000 error
Yesterday I used my my outlook Today, everytime I try to open it, it gives me an error message and says it has to close. I have rebooted, turned off and on, several times...tried to access outlook through "search and explore" ... same message when I look into the error details it tells me that I need to upgrade Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e...

Directory Permissions 5.5
Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory (c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 Thanks DU "uelman" <nospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory >(c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 IIRC, it's inherited from the root domain. In most cases that means the Everyone group has full control. Defaults aren't adequate. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm is it wise to have the everyone group with full control, i'm nervous giv...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

MS Exchange Settins.FAV error
Please help... I can't use outlook. Every time I try to access outlook I get this error "Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "MS Exchange Settings.FAV" is not marked read-only. All changes made during this session will be lost. I have looked every where I can think and I am lost. Try renaming that .FAV file to .OLD while Outlook is closed and see if it's rebuilt when Outlook reopens. .FAV files hold the Outlook Bar shortcuts, and it's possible the file has beco...

the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
I receive a "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. check event viewer for more info" message when trying to start the pop3 service. However when I check the even viewer theres it nothing about this issue. Anyone has an idea why I can't start the pop3 service ? Hi, Did it work before? It could be misconfiguration in the POP3 settings in Exchange System Manager. Do you really need the POP3 service? The service is to make your Exchange server act as a POP3 server, so you can connect with a POP3 client on the POP3 port (default ...

Exchange to Exchange
Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from another Exchange in 2 different domains? We just seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange. The main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is that our MX record is still pointing there. While we have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users) the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like for our user to start using the new domain but they would lose they're email access. Can the Exchange to Exchange work or is it even possible? If there's another way, please advise. -Darrien ...

Error creating a new task...
If one of my customers want to save a new task he get an error. The error says, that some values on the form are invalid. I verified all values but I cannot find an invalid entry. The task is based on the standard exchange task form. Florian ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 to new Exchange 5.5 Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C44E2A.1247E0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On my current 5.5 server, I am running Windows 2000 SP2, with Exchange = 5.5 SP4. On the new server, I would like to use Windows 2000 SP4 and = Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously. My question is this: Will the differences = in Windows Service Packs, affect anything with Exchange 5.5 SP4. I am = planning on implementing the New 5.5 server into the same Site and Org, = and using the Move Mailbox feature, to mo...

X axis points plotted at #.5
I want to make a simple line chart. Say the x axis has a range of 5 to 10. I have some points plotted that lie on the even numbers and other points that are to be plotted at, say 6.5, or 8.5 on the x axis. How do set it up so I only get 5 divisions horizontally, but have my points plotted at the proper #.5 location? I'm new at this, I hope I was able to make myself clear. Thanks, joe Joe - Have you considered using an XY Scatter chart? You can format them with lines connecting the points. The difference between Line and Scatter charts is in the way Excel interprets the X ax...

Exchange 5.5 disasster !
Hi, The Information Store service in Microsoft Exchange Server may not start and the Server Specific Error 4294966746 occurs. Events 1120 and 5000 are recorded in the Event Log with MSExchangeIS as the source. We have also use Tools like - eseutil /mh ...priv.edb - eseutil /p and /r ispriv the Tool recover the Database in consistent state but we can't start IS ? - isinteg -patch ...... - Restore online Backup/offline Backup ever time the get the same error. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 185577 do also not resolve the Problem. PS: With 3rd Party Tool like Ontrack we can open pr...

MAPI failure with Outlook\Exchange 2003 (MAPI_E_NOT_ME)
Please note the two below Outlook logs. The first indicates proper MAPI operation and the second shows the problem we are having at one specific account. Hoping that someone can offer advice about alleviating failure. Is it possible for Exchange side to be setup to deny MAPI requests? 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: UploadItems: 1 messages to send 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:...

SMTP 550 error
I can't send or recieve email to a university mail account. This is the error message I recieved when I tried to send to the university account from our sbs 2003 mail server. Any ideas on how to fix this? TIA There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <xxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Cannot verify any sender address in headers.> Try from telnet and see if it does the same thing. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

AFX.h Error in Managed Code
Hi All, We're trying to use a legacy MFC extension DLL in managed C++ code. In the process of trying to figure out how to make this work, we came up with a very simple example that crashes at runtime deep inside dbgheap.c. We've tracked it down to Afx.h. At this point, we aren't even linking to the DLL; it's just a CLR compiled WinForms app (.NET 2.0 and VC 2005b1) that includes Afx.h. The error we're getting occurs inside the _msize_dbg() function. Anyone have any ideas? The following code causes the problem. Comment out the <afx.h> include and it wo...

Exchange 5.5 Std over the 16 GB limit on IS
I have an exchange (std) 5.5 sp4 machine the is over the 16 GB limit on the priv.edb. I've done an offline defrag but that failed to reduce the .edb file. I tried an offline defrag using a different temp folder and replacing the edb file but again, no freed up space. Earlier today I had been able to start the IS, get into an outlook client & move e-mails to a local .pst file but now the IS starts & stops right away. (I've also turned off smtp to prevent mail delivery & NAV from accessing the client). When I was able to move files to a .pst file I went into Excah...

Reconnecting to exchange server
I have users that are connected via VPN tunnel, running Outlook 2003 in cached mode, multiple times during the day a window will appear stating that it is reconnecting to the exchange server. The option is set to download headers when a slow connection has been detected. It does not state that it has been detected only that it is trying to reconnect. I am wanting to make sure that the clients are connected and if are disconnected that is shows they are disconnected. Also, how to get rid of the popup window? Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Installation error on SBS 2003 R2 with SQL 2005
I tried to install CRM 3 (the one that I downloaded microsoft web site) and I received an error "The full-text component is not installed on the specified SQL Server" I removed SQL completely and reinstalled, and made sure that the FullText Search for the particular instance is installed and running. Any ideas? Thanks Hi I have very recently installed on R2 with sql 2005 and it worked, as far as I can tell. One of the issues that I have expereinced on sql 2000 is that if you install sql with the standard options it does not included the sql full text indexing capability....

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 #2
Hello, We are experiencing difficulties with Cached mode in Outlook 2003. When I add a new user to Active Directory the email address assigned to that user does not appear in our global address list. Some users use cache mode and they cannot see the changes until approx the next day. The ones who dont use it see the changes right away. Is there a way to refresh the cache so that the users who are utilizing this feature are up to date ASAP. Any help would be appreciated. You can manually download the offline address book by Tools-> Send/Receive -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

import external entities to Exchange 5.5
Is there a tool or script to allow me to import external entities into Exchagne 5.5? On an Exchange 2000 system I can use csvde to import contact objects. I am looking for some similar method to import to Exchange 5.5. I want to import a list of 700 names and email addresses that are foreign to the Exchange 5.5 system. I want to be able to hide them all from the GAL initially. I would also like to be able to use these external contacts as forwarders for certain internal users. Thanks, Josh ...

Run-time error for objects deletion
Hi, I have made a list of option button. When I select a particular option, the excel should identify and delete the previous object names starting with "onstrfr". However, when it identifies the correct obj name "onstrfr", the obj.Delete gives "Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error". I'll be grateful if someone can help me to solve this problem. Loy === FROM Sheet1======= Private Sub on3wdgtrfroption_Click() Call Sheet2.Deleteonstrfr Call Sheet2.OnshoreTrfr(myValue, 2) End Sub ===From Sh...

Exchange does not respond
Dear all I'm getting this error on my first Exchange 2003 server about the second Exchange server: EVENT # 8017 EVENT LOG Application EVENT TYPE Error SOURCE MSExchangeDSExp EVENT ID 181 COMPUTERNAME OXMAIL1 TIME 17/05/2005 15:39:57 MESSAGE The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond. NameOfOtherExchangeServer Have not made any changes - this is now happening about every 10 minutes. The server is up and I can telnet to it on 25. Any ideas? ...

No NDR Generated
Greetings! For some reason, when email is sent to an invalid recipient from outside of my network, no NDR is generated. If the email is sent from an internal client, then the NDR is generated. Any ideas? My platform is: Exchange 5.5 SP4 Windows 2000 Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Mike Scott ...

First Exchange Client and Exchange Server 2003
I have a customer that is running Exchange 5.5 on an NT 4.0 box and they have several stores that are running the very first Exchange Client, not outlook but Exchange Client. Does anyone know if this will work with Exchange Server 2003? I know several functions of E2K3 server will not work with the client such as cached mode and some filtering options. What I would like to know if it will work at all. Thanks!! Yes, you can connect to a mailbox using the old Exchange Client. I would advise, however, you/they don't open any of those mailboxes with a higher version Outlook client and...

Outlook accessing POP3 and Exchange
I have a site that needs the collaborative and groupware functions of Exchange but they don't have control of the e-mail domain. Currently, all users of this division have Outlook2003 accessing a POP3 mail server from their ISP and an Exchange server for everything else internally. The Outlook configuration is set to use the ISP by default for all company e-mail, but every now and then, Outlook will attempt to send an e-mail through the Exchange server. This causes NDR's because Exchange is not setup with the live domain e-mail address of the company (nor can it be - because t...