Exchange 5.5 System Free/Busy objects left in Exchange 2003 since Migration.

Hi I hope somebody can help with this. I migrated our old Exchange 5.5
Org to Exchange 2003 last year and followed all the MS KB's about
doing this. Since then we have switched to Native Mode 2003 and
working fine. However we found that our AD infrastructure wasn't at
its best and are currently deploying a new Domain. Now this is where
the fun starts.

While creating a new Exchange 2003 Org in the new Domain, we are
replicating the Public/System Folders from the old Org and we have
been getting some errors. On investigation we have found that there
are redundant Free/Busy Schedule+ objects within Exchange 2003 on the
old Domain which were from the old 5.5 Org that was migrated from.
However when you try to delete these objects use ESM, you get prompted
from a username with rights to delete these objects. Even though I
enter the name of an account with Full Admin rights on Exchange 2003
it just keeps prompting.

How can I remove these objects?

Anyone got any helpful suggestions?

Thanks,

Keith

0
k_rigby (1)

On 23 Feb 2007 14:43:02 -0800, k_rigby@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

>Hi I hope somebody can help with this. I migrated our old Exchange 5.5
>Org to Exchange 2003 last year and followed all the MS KB's about
>doing this. Since then we have switched to Native Mode 2003 and
>working fine. However we found that our AD infrastructure wasn't at
>its best and are currently deploying a new Domain. Now this is where
>the fun starts.

New domain or new forest?

>While creating a new Exchange 2003 Org in the new Domain, we are
>replicating the Public/System Folders from the old Org and we have
>been getting some errors. On investigation we have found that there
>are redundant Free/Busy Schedule+ objects within Exchange 2003 on the
>old Domain which were from the old 5.5 Org that was migrated from.
>However when you try to delete these objects use ESM, you get prompted
>from a username with rights to delete these objects. Even though I
>enter the name of an account with Full Admin rights on Exchange 2003
>it just keeps prompting.
>
>How can I remove these objects?
>
>Anyone got any helpful suggestions?

You can only have one exchange org per forest. How are you replicating
to the new forest?

>Thanks,
>
>Keith
0
adavid (8731)
2/24/2007 12:04:01 AM
I suggest you to run ADSIEdit and seek for the old component.
Please be careful, this tool is low-level configuration.

"k_rigby@hotmail.co.uk" wrote:

> Hi I hope somebody can help with this. I migrated our old Exchange 5.5
> Org to Exchange 2003 last year and followed all the MS KB's about
> doing this. Since then we have switched to Native Mode 2003 and
> working fine. However we found that our AD infrastructure wasn't at
> its best and are currently deploying a new Domain. Now this is where
> the fun starts.
>
> While creating a new Exchange 2003 Org in the new Domain, we are
> replicating the Public/System Folders from the old Org and we have
> been getting some errors. On investigation we have found that there
> are redundant Free/Busy Schedule+ objects within Exchange 2003 on the
> old Domain which were from the old 5.5 Org that was migrated from.
> However when you try to delete these objects use ESM, you get prompted
> from a username with rights to delete these objects. Even though I
> enter the name of an account with Full Admin rights on Exchange 2003
> it just keeps prompting.
>
> How can I remove these objects?
>
> Anyone got any helpful suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

How to get free traffic to your website
The facts you should know about making money online! Hi , my name is Ben Durandt. -Discover how to get 1 Million visitors without paying a dime in advertising! -Discover how a young 31 years old man just became a millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! He paid cash for a Porsche 911 Carrera convertible and a giant domain with private lake in only 28 days. More than 20,000 people have been raging on his website every day! ... Because he just revealed HOW to do it! Heck, go there TODAY and See what he has to say! Click here : http://www.freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=34180 -...

How do I make hyperlink target scroll to the top-left of spreadshe
I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my hyperlinked cell to the top-left. For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1 and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1 the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet. It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I can't find it. I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information. Hi Lori Tools>Options On the Transition tab Transition navigations keys -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori W....

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...