Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail

I need to change either the default maximum received
email size for all mailboxes  or for one user, but would
like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a
large email and it keeps getting bounced.
0
anonymous (74722)

To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in
Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please
note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it
for everyone.

"Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to change either the default maximum received
> email size for all mailboxes  or for one user, but would
> like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a
> large email and it keeps getting bounced.

0
Megan

Constant Outlook crash after Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration
We are an Exchange 5.5 shop (gasp!) and we have finally begun our migration to Exchange 2003. I was able to build our first 2K3 server, and have it joined successfully into our 5.5 environment. The ADC is up and running and is transferring data back and forth as I expect it to. Unfortunately I still have some lingering issues, one of which is a complete showstopper. This main problem is that both of the accounts I have moved from a 5.5 server to the 2003 server have *constant* crashes in Outlook 2003. All I have to do is change to another folder, and at least 60% of the time I will get a...

CRM3.0 needs to support single Exchange 2007
Microsoft CRM needs to support Exchange 2007 without the need to have an Exchange 2000/2003 server deployed. It is not acceptable for customers to wait and be expected to wait to CRm4.0 is released then upgrade to this CRM version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Migration Wizard in Exchange 2003
Hello, I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using the Inter-Organization Migration Method utilizing the Migration Wizard. I understand that the Migration Wizard migrates the Exchange Directory and Mailbox Data to Exchange 2003. How can I prevent it from migration the directory and migrate only the mailbox data (just like exmerge)? What I am noticing, the migrated user ends up with several e-mail address of various type which is coming from 5.5. I don't want that junk in my new Exchange 2003 environment specially when they are worthless because they don't exist. When I cre...

Scrambled e-mails
Occasionally I open an email and it "scrambles" into illegible code. Completely unreadible -- see below. This occurs with only 2 email senders so far but one is my prime contact in another office. At other times this sender's email can be opened and it IS legible. However if I save it and then reopen it later, it scrambles on reopening. Once it has been opened and scrambles, to close without saving changes doesn't help -- from then on it's scrambled. I have to call the sender and have the email resent. Usually this 2nd message scrambles too, othertimes not. ...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Non taxable exchange of mutual funds
What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable exchange of mutual funds in ms money? In microsoft.public.money, Fred Kennedy wrote: >What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable >exchange of mutual funds in ms money? > Handling a Mutual Fund Reorg or conversion from B to A shares. If your mutual fund is involved in a tax-free reorganization, your "B" shares are being converted to [fewer generally] "A" shares, or a merger where you don't originally hold both funds: 1. Do an appropriate split of the...

Exchange SMTP forwarding
Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using authentication. Thanks, David =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgR3JlZW5l?= <DavidGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DE97CE9E-2B5D-44BA-A368-CFEC11170D39@microsoft.com: > Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to > forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using > authentication. Which version of Exchange are you using? I'm sure we can point you to a tutorial ;) Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.excha...

Antigen on Exchange
This question is for the Antigen users. I am new with the software and I am just using the trial right now? Do a lot of you like the software? I am kind of confused by it's Incidents and Quarantine reports. I get that it found them, and I know that Antigen is setup to clean, but it doesn't let me know if it was able to clean them or not. I want to make sure that these viruses and SPAM e-mail messages are being removed. I added more words to the filters, but all it does is notify me that they have come through. It doesn't actually block them. I think the same goes for the vir...

Public folder Exchange 2003 #2
When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following message: Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones. Regards Per Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following >message: > >Unable to...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

reading Japanese mails from hotmail
I use Outlook to download and store in my HD the mails that come to my hotmail account. I can read mails in Japanese in Hotmail (on internet), but when it is downloaded to Outlook, I cannot read many of them. I can write and read Japanese in other software. FYI, I have Windows XP and Outlook 2003 (and a Toshiba computer all bought in US). How can I read these Japanese emails? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2000 E-mail sluggish
My Outlook 2000 e-mail is very slow to open rceived new e- mails or to open the "new" e-mail screen. It takes approx. 2 min. then opens the e-mail or the new e-mail window. I have Office 2000 Premium Edition and Windows 98. I had SP1 installed and it was working fine. I have since installed SP3 without correcting problem. I have used the Detect & Repair without correcting problem. Did a necessary file(s) go missing? Any suggestions?? Using the Detect and Repair I received an Error 1328 C:\CONFIG.MSi\PTC2E3.TMP AND C:\CONFIG.MSi\PT2321.TMP could not be updated...is this...

Outlok -CRM Mail Merge Error
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS I had this error too. When I changed the user's security role to "read" Leads - the error dissappeared! I have no idea why this should have fixed the problem. Adrian. "KS" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error > message: > A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community...

Only Administrator can send mail to certain domains
Since installing a new Exchange Server (Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 on Server 2003 w/ SP1) we have been unable to send mail to certain domains. And it looks like those domains are also using Exchange Servers. Today we found that emails sent from the Administrator account go through OK but all others do not. The return failure messages vary but predominately we rec'v the message that the email could not be delivered in the specified time. I've checked the usual suspects - checked Reverse DNS, telnet succesfully to their mail server. What does the Administrator's ability to send and ever...

schedule for auto mail
I want to configure schedule on exchange server 2003 to send auto mail for our users. I will enter subject and contents and send date&time , exchange will send this mail to our users periodically like end of the months. ...

OWA 5.5 with Exchange 2003 Backend
Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be running in the site? Any insight would be helpful TIA! "Scott" <swilliams@internosis.com> wrote in message news:OVyMlHGjEHA.1904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access > Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be > running in the site? > > Any insight would be helpful > > TIA! You might try this; it's for E2K, but I t...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

Drop Down Calendar #5
How can I insert a drop down calendar to a cell in a worksheet? Try Use the Calendar control to fill in dates http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "BJ Snyder" <BJ Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EC093BF-0E30-4692-987B-EB2C7B664D5D@microsoft.com... > How can I insert a drop down calendar to a cell in a worksheet? Thanks for the help- Perfect! "BJ Snyder" wrote: > How can I insert a drop down calendar to a cell in a worksheet? BJ Check out Ron de Bruin's site for a calend...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Adding and removing Exchange 2003 Servers
I currently have 1 front end exchange server and 4 back end exchange servers. I am adding 2 larger backend servers. I want to migrate the first for server mailboxes to the 2 lager servers and then remove the first 4 server from my exchange env. Since my front end server is staying in place, and I add the two new server in before i remove the others should I have SMTP routing issues when I remove the first four back end servers. Can anyone suggest the best way to to what I am about to do, am I on the right track. Thanks, Mike I just wanted to add. The current front end server is EX20...

Missing e-mails #3
I have a serious problem with e-mails. When we send e-mails to a couple of domains and they try to use the 'reply' function in their e-mail systems to reply we do not recieve the mails. I've checked our queues and logs and the mails are not even getting to the queues at the hosts of our domains. Is there anything in outlook that could foul the reply path? Test mails replied to from both Hotmail and Navigator 7.1's e-mail client are coming through fine. Thanks, Ed Handley ...

Certain email not received
Hello to all of you, One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me. I'lm using Outlook 2003. My customer is also using Outlook 2003. Since a few weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003. However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express. The puzzling thing is that all was working fine until the end of may. I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they are the same. I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem. I must admit to not understanding this problem! Any...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...