Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists

I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I
change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the
permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually
give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this
some old Exchange 5.5 thing???

0
Megan

Please help with setting up Resource ie "Conference Room" in Exchange 2003
Hello all, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a resource like "conference room" in exchange 2003. From what I read, I need to create a new mailbox called 'Conference Room'. I log into a machine with Outlook 2000, set the Resource Scheduling options in Tools | Options | Calendar Options, set all the correct options. I log into a user account, opened up OWA or Outlook 2000, set up a new appointment with 2 different users, added 'Conference Room' as a resouce and everything is good. Now I log in with another account trying to set up antoher meeting using the...

OWA on 5.5 and 2003 during migration #2
Is there any reason why I could not have OWA running on my Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 servers while migrating? Will either OWA access mailboxes regardless of the home server? TIA, Marcus Holmes Marcus, You would need to have separate OWA servers for the two versions. It is possible that the 5.5 OWA server might be able to connect to the 2003 server to access the mailboxes on it, but it is definitely not supported. OWA on 2003 definitely CANNOT access the 5.5 mailboxes. The only supported method would be to have both a 5.5 OWA server and a 2003 server that OWA can be accessed from...

How to copy a bulleted list with its custom bullets?
I have a slide with a bulleted list of golden spheres. When I copy the list to another slide, I only get the text. How do I get the list to use the same bullets from the other slide? I don't see the bullets in the dropdown bullet list. I'm guessing the custom bullet was built into the slide master. If that's the case, then you need a placeholder. Go to Slide Layout (where that is depends on which version of PPT you're using. Tell us that, and we'll tell you how to get to Slide Layout) and apply a layout that has, for example, Title and Content. When you type...

Access to Exchange 5.5 from remote domain 2000
Exist 2 domain 1) domain NT+Exchange 5.5 2) domain 2000+AD need enable access for users of domain2 to mailboxes on the Exchange Try run Outlook 2000 on the mashine from domain2 and open mailbox, receive message "The action could not be completed. the name could not be matched to a name in the address list." Trusts created and if logon on the mashine from domain2 as user from domain NT(1), run Outlook 2000 and open mailbox for user from domain2 whith enter login/password before open mailbox and enter user's login/password from domain2 - then OK mailbox accessed. Need get righ...

Export SharePoint List data into an excel as metatdata
I'm looking to export data collected in a SharePoint 2007 list into a specifiaclly strucutred Excel 2007 sheet. Something like a mail merge function from Access 2000 to Word. TP software a possible solution? I don't know what "TP software" is; but, why don't you just use SharePoint to export and Excel to import. They do this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 12/03/10 20:59, Deb wrote: > I'm looking to export data collected in a SharePoint 2007 list into a > specifiaclly strucutred Excel 2007 sheet. Something like a mail merge > funct...

remove "/exchange" in OWA
How can I remove the /exchange from the end of the servername in OWA. Is it done in DNS or in the IIS configuration of the OWA page. I want the users to be able to log in with http://"Fully qualified servername" only. Please help. Thanks. It is not a question of removing it but rather redirecting the clients so that they use the fqdn and IIS handles the redirection. Go into IIS Admin of the web site which hosts Exchange, look at the home directory tab. Select "A redirection to a URL" type in /exchange and then select "A directory below URL entered" Al...

Removing Exchange 2003 by force
Hi All, I have an old exchange server in the domain. This domain has been fine for about 5 years. The initial domain was done on a Windows 2000 SBS server (not sure which version of exchange this is). Anyway, we have Windows 2008 R2 servers and Windows 2003 R2 servers in the mix now and this server has been removed for quite sometime. However, the exchange data is still in AD. The reason I am asking to remove this is because we wish to install Exchange 2010 in to the domain and it's wanting to install a routing group to this non existing domain server. I don't want...

Renaming an Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello! Hope this is possible. I am currently planning on moving our Exchange 2003 stand alone svr to a A/P cluster. Basically this is what I plan. Join the cluster to the site under new name, then move everyone to this cluster, bring down the stand alone cluster, rename the cluster to the old svr and WALLA!. but I am just not sure if I can rename an Exchange Cluster. Any advice or insight would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks in advance. Marc J Even without getting on the cluster side of things, you should not rename a server once you have Exchange setup on it. Is there a ...

Round Excel values up to nearest $5.00
What formual would I enter to round an Excel value up to the next whole dollar amount in $5.00 increments? For example, any amount between $30.01 and $34.99 would be rounded and displayed as $35.00. Hi try: =ROUND(A1/5,0)*5 Also see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany USAOz wrote: > What formual would I enter to round an Excel value up to the next > whole dollar amount in $5.00 increments? For example, any amount > between $30.01 and $34.99 would be rounded and displayed as $35.00. One way: =CEILING(A1,5) or =ROUNDU...

Outlook 2003 cannot connect to Exchange #2
I have a problem with my Outlook 2003 client, recently, it stopped connecting to my Exchange server, no errors, no messages. it just won't connect. I tried looking through the MSKB articles to see what the problem could be, but none of them applied. I replaced the TCP/IP stack, I also uninstalled the entire Office application suite and reinstalled it with the same result. I can PING the exchange server so that's not the problem.... My user account / password are good. Anybody familliar with this problem ???? Thanks in advance, Joe Ambrose On Jul 4, 3:01 pm, "Joseph Amb...

Mailboxes Sizes Different on Exchange vs. Outlook
When I look up mailbox size on Outlook for one particular user, it shows a mailbox size of 100MB. When I look at the same mailbox on the Exchange Server System Manager, it shows 233MB. This is causing the user to get exceeded mailbox limit warnings. What could be causing this? There are hidden folders that Outlook doesn't count in calculation, but it's hard for me to believe that they would have 133MB. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Tony M." <TonyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C...

SMTP address creation by Notes connector Ex5.5
Hi all, I've got a Notes R5 system connected to an Exchange 5.5 server using the Notes connector. All working fine but�. When a new Notes account is created, the SMTP address that appears on the Custom Recipient created in Exchange does not match that entered in Notes. Looks like it has created it by adding the alias (sometimes truncated) to the domain (@company.com) Is this normal behaviour? I'm guessing it only brings the NOTES address over and then creates the SMTP address itself. Not a big issue but it would be less hassle if the address was automatically created correctly. S...

Urgent : Exchange 2000 Restore with HP OpenView Data Protector
Hi, Trying to restore a store within Exchange 2000 SP3 Enterprise, using our HP OpenView Data Protector backup system... We are able to restore the edb and stm files from a full backup, but not the log files with it... Has anyone seen this before... Thanks !!! -- On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:19:47 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Trying to restore a store within Exchange 2000 SP3 Enterprise, using our HP >OpenView Data Protector backup system... > >We are able to restore the edb and stm files from a full backup, but not the >...

Can you warn before sending to a GAL distribution list ?
We have a lot of different distribution list across our organisation. Unfortunately not all are named in such a way that it is exactly identifiable who it is going to. Is there a way that you can create a warning when you send a email to a distribution list for the user to double check. Eg For the Finance Services distribution list (about 130 people), perhaps a pop up that appears when someone hits send that says 'this email is directed to all Finance Services, do you wish to continue'. "There are seldom technlogical solutions to behavioral problems." --� Milly Staples [MV...

ldp.exe in Exch 5.5 ResKit
Since I didnt get the answer to my question the first time would someone address the below message? One person did reply back saying that the file is available on the Win2k3 cd...I know that but I need to find the one off of the Exch 5.5 ResKit (unless I can use the one off of the Win2k/2k3 cd to modify Exchange??? Thanks, Rand OK, here is the deal. I run an Exchange 5.5 server on Windows NT in an NT4 domain. I have a mailbox that I created from the command line incorrectly. When I created the account I accedentally inserted an invalid character in the display name (and possib...

Importing supplier price lists
In RMS, can you import a suppliers price lists? (my understanding is that you can, but the item(s) must exist in the system to begin with. Andrea If you can get the price list is some sort of digital format, you should be able to manipulate it with Excel/Word until you have data that can be imported. You can import the items fairly easily if you have QSImport or other import utility. Basically, you'd be importing the items and populating the lookup code, description, cost, price, etc. but with 0 in the quantity on hand field. As always, importing data is only as valuable as the d...

Add multiple domains to spam deny list and real time sbl
Hi, What file can I open in Exchange 2003 to add a list of domains I want to prevent from sending spam, so that I do not have to add each one individualy. Also, how do you set up Exchange 2003 to check the sbl.spamhaus.org real time listing. They list the sites to block and say you can connect to them for free. Can anyone please help? ...

Distribution list #9
My company has a number of distribution groups. We are running Exchange 2003. I would like to only make the distribution group available from the inside. Is this possible? Thanks, Patrick yes...on the Exchange General tab of the group, select "from authenticated users only" in the "accept messages" section... "Patrick Adkinson" <padkinson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b2c01c49cc7$2228f130$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My company has a number of distribution groups. We are > running Exchange 2003. I would like to only make the > distribution...

Foreign Currency Exchange Rates
Hello, Why have the foreign exchange rates not been updated online smc server for MSMoney? This has been about a month now. tia ...

News Command not listed
Hi every one, I use OL2003 and configured to read my newsgroup but when I click on the View menu NEWS command not listed and also in the customize menu - whats wrong I have ran Detect and Repair, re-created profile - no luck Any body knows about this help me Raj Dear, Read here for more http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q902929 -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Raj" wrote: > Hi every one, > > I use OL2003 and configured to read my newsgroup but when I click on the > Vie...

Email-enabled public folder problem-post Exchange 2003 migration
We have migrated users/public folders from Exchange 2000 SP3 to a newly introduced Exchange 2003 server. It seems like it is has gone relatively smoothly, but we are experiencing some public folders issues. If we add a new public folder to the public folder tree, users can send mail to it without issue. However, when mail is sent to any of the migrated public folders mail is not delivered. If it go into ESM and double-lick on the folder in question it says: "Mail proxy for the folder cannot be found...mail enabled pages wil not be shown." When I disable mail, then re-enable...

I need to enable journaling on my Exchange 2007 server
I need to enable journaling on my Exchange 2007 server. I have not done this before. I found the following and it is good information but I still had a few questions: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2006/12/journaling/default.aspx It seems that this journal mailbox could really grow. What have some of you found is the best way to manage this mailbox? Any other information or suggested added processes or concerns I should know about? Thanks! On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:36:01 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to enable journ...

Alt+Down Arrow For Drop Down List Doesn't Work When There Are Blank Cells
How can I get the Alt+Down Arrow for Drop Down List to work when there are blank cells in the column. Thank you so much! Jamie ...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #5
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

Problem Connecting to Exchange Server from Outlook
Hello all, I'm having a problem with some of our staff systems running Outlook 2003 connecting to our Exchange 2007 server. When they add the server name and their username and then click the "Check Name" button, they receive a message that states: The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. I've read several posts that discusses possible solutions to this error and I've tried most of them with no success. The staff systems are in a remote offi...