Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views

In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up.
If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis
of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them.
In Exchange5.5 under our site name,
-Address Book Views
--Offices
---a
---b
---c
---yada
all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu
if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with
MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO.  DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS"
I am logged in as Administrator with full domain admin rights, but i
there something I'm missing???

any help is appriciate

--
n0kta
n0ktar's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=14

n0ktar <n0ktar.1kva6o@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote:

>In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up.
>If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole list
>of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them.
>In Exchange5.5 under our site name,
>-Address Book Views
>--Offices
>---a
>---b
>---c
>---yada
>all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users but
>if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with
>MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO.  DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS"
>I am logged in as Administrator with full domain admin rights, but is
>there something I'm missing???
>
>any help is appriciated

This is a pretty old problem!

I'm assuming you're using the Exchange admin program to delete the ABV
and not the Outlook client. If that's the case, try this KB article:

XADM: Permissions on Address Book View Are Displayed Incorrectly After
You Apply Service Pack 4 [284234]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Settings for viewing PPT presentation in Word Doc
One of my users has been receiving MS Word docs with embedded PPT presentations and viewing them just fine. She recently felt the need to change "something" in the latest Word doc and now she only sees the first slide - double clicking does not start the slideshow. Others in her office can access the document and the presentation works fine. It appears that she inadvertantly changed some setting in her Word options that govern how an embedded PPT file works. She is using Office 2007 and I can't find anything. Her project is going to continue at least another 10 mo...

Multiple views
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C6009D.94D684F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Some on went me a file to modify and every time I open it, it opens it = up three times, i.e., with 3 views, xls:1, xls:2, and xls:3. I forget = why people do this, but how do I get rid of it. Thanks Dean ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C6009D.94D684F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...

Exchange Cluster

Viewing project assignment post-SP2 update
After installing SP2, I no longer see the color-coded dots on calendar views indicating project assignment for events. The text of the event is still indented, as though the dot is invisibly there occupying space, and the project assignment still exists when the event is opened, but simply can't be seen from the calendar. Anyone else with this issue? Suggestions for a fix? I sort of liked/relied upon viewing project assignments in this way. Thx. Brian I had exactly the same problem, Brian Any news on a fix? Mike Brian D. Riedel wrote: > After installing SP2, I no longer see t...

Exchange

OWA addressing
In using OWA from Exchange 2003 SP2, is there anyway 1). to access public folder contacts? 2). Get OWA to give one a pull down address list for selection. Users are finding addressing in OWA, difficult with on the Global address, or single Contacts sources... and having to do a find to locate an addressee. These, if not features if not available in OWA - would make a great add on for the next update of this nice email interface. Best -- Dodge Hello Dodge, Unfortunately the "Search Contact" feature from OWA, doesn't work efficiently. Thanks, Nilesh Yawalkar "Dodge"...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List
I have figured out how to hyperlink (html) to an item in my contact list: outlook:Contacts/~John Doe This works great. Now I would like to be able to issue a command to open a specific contact from the Global Address List. It is possible that the Global Address List has some folder name like GAL so that a command like this: outlook://GAL/~John Doe could be issued. Does anyone know how to refer to the Global Address List by its folder name or to do what I am asking? This can't be done, but you can add the GAL entry to your contact folder and then do what you know. Is that good en...

Exchange / POP3

Global Address List #44
hi guys im facing great problems deploying global address list in owa 2003 i want to enable global address list in exchange 2003 OWA 2003 how any ideas by default i know if user enters a user name then it will findout by search by i want to display whole global address list in OWA 2003 i have more then 150 users some one knows how to enable this feature i have goolged but no success any update available to show these things in owa 2003 thanks Syed Ali For Exchange 2003 you'll need a 3rd party product like http://messageware.com/product_pluspack.htm I think if you put just a sin...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

Pivot Table #5
Dear Reader, I got a block of data in Excel - sheet 1 (26 columns by 806 rows). I try to create a pivot table on sheet 2 BUT whenever I try to add more objects to the layout I receive the following error: "MS Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items drag at least one row or column item off the pivot table, or to the page position..." What can I do to display all the data? Please help, this is rather urgent! Thanks From a post by Tom Ogilvy: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157486 XL97: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 97 (Q15748...

Directory Permissions 5.5
Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory (c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 Thanks DU "uelman" <nospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory >(c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 IIRC, it's inherited from the root domain. In most cases that means the Everyone group has full control. Defaults aren't adequate. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm is it wise to have the everyone group with full control, i'm nervous giv...

Mirrored Margins
Another problem that seems to be stumping me... The default print view in Word 2007 shows the pages backwards when using "mirrored margins." In other words, when viewing facing pages the 'odd page' is on the left and visa versa so that the "outside margins" are actually on the inside of the view. Is there a way to reverse the print view? In print preview the facing pages are correct; I would like it as in print preview view when I can edit it. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Li...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2