Exchange 5.5 - ADC - Exchange 2003

Couple questions about using the ADC with exchange 5.5 - 2003.

I only have the exchange 5.5 up and running to make sure everything is
stable. I moved all the mailboxes & public folders over to the exchange 2003
server. Basically, Exchange 5.5 only has the connection to the internet to
route to the exchange 2003 server.  Until I retire the 5.5 and move the
connector to the 2003 box - I have a couple questions:

1) I don't want the log files to accumulate on the 5.5 box - can I just turn
circular logging on for now on this box since it is server specific?  Where
do the log files reside on the 2003 box?

2) IMAP is not working since the ADC is in place - what changes do I need to
make?

Thank you.

Circular logging is never a good idea in a production environment but if you
have no mailboxes on the box the impact is going to be limited in the event
of a problem. In Exchange 2003 log files will exist wherever you created
them, look at the properties of the storage group(s) to find the location.

Imap should work like anything else. Is it enabled and functioning on the
Exch2k3 box? What are the specific issues when a client attempts to connect?
Anything in the log files.

Nue
"Multitasker" <Multitasker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Couple questions about using the ADC with exchange 5.5 - 2003.
>
> I only have the exchange 5.5 up and running to make sure everything is
> stable. I moved all the mailboxes & public folders over to the exchange
> 2003
> server. Basically, Exchange 5.5 only has the connection to the internet to
> route to the exchange 2003 server.  Until I retire the 5.5 and move the
> connector to the 2003 box - I have a couple questions:
>
> 1) I don't want the log files to accumulate on the 5.5 box - can I just
> turn
> circular logging on for now on this box since it is server specific?
> Where
> do the log files reside on the 2003 box?
>
> 2) IMAP is not working since the ADC is in place - what changes do I need
> make?
>
> Thank you.

0
imaneophyte (3005)
5/25/2006 4:57:48 PM
On Thu, 25 May 2006 09:33:02 -0700, Multitasker
<Multitasker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Couple questions about using the ADC with exchange 5.5 - 2003.
>
>I only have the exchange 5.5 up and running to make sure everything is
>stable. I moved all the mailboxes & public folders over to the exchange 2003
>server. Basically, Exchange 5.5 only has the connection to the internet to
>route to the exchange 2003 server.  Until I retire the 5.5 and move the
>connector to the 2003 box - I have a couple questions:
>
>1) I don't want the log files to accumulate on the 5.5 box - can I just turn
>circular logging on for now on this box since it is server specific?  Where
>do the log files reside on the 2003 box?

If there are no mailboxes of public folder stores on that server, you
should enable circular logging.

The trans log path is defined on the properties of the storage group
on the E2003 server

>2) IMAP is not working since the ADC is in place - what changes do I need to
>make?

Serivce started and and IMAP vitual server up?

>Thank you.
0
adavid (8731)

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Pivot Table #5
Dear Reader, I got a block of data in Excel - sheet 1 (26 columns by 806 rows). I try to create a pivot table on sheet 2 BUT whenever I try to add more objects to the layout I receive the following error: "MS Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items drag at least one row or column item off the pivot table, or to the page position..." What can I do to display all the data? Please help, this is rather urgent! Thanks From a post by Tom Ogilvy: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157486 XL97: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 97 (Q15748...

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

Directory Permissions 5.5
Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory (c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 Thanks DU "uelman" <nospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory >(c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5 IIRC, it's inherited from the root domain. In most cases that means the Everyone group has full control. Defaults aren't adequate. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm is it wise to have the everyone group with full control, i'm nervous giv...

Excel 2003 colour
I have the following problem with Excel I have seen that a simila question was asked some 18 months ago but am unable to find th solution I am using Office 2003 Pro and my Excel 2003 will not "fill" cells wit any colour nor allow fonts to be shown in color. But the print preview shows the colour and infils correctly. When clicking on the cell to edit it the colour is shown. When opening an imported worksheet the colour is shown until I make an change to the book and all the colour disappears. No colour is displayed on imported worksheets created in earlie versions either. Th...

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...

Word 2003/Vista style names mystery
I am working on a 200+-page doc, using styles. For no reason I can identify, new style names have begun spontaneously populating the list of Styles and Formatting. All are numeric--403056801z0 or similar, followed by a group of Wingding symbols or text in Greek, and all are based on "underlying properties." The numbers differ but the phrases following the entries are the same throughout. The new styles seem to have no influence on actual text, though the Document Map list makes a little jump when one of the numeric style names is clicked. I have done nothing deliberate with...

Outlook 2000 to 2003 #4
I have a new pc with Outlook 2003, however all of my old messages are on another pc running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to get all of my messages easily transferred to my new pc? What if I copy th ePST file from the 2000 machine and paste it in the proper directory on the 2003 machine, will that work? Thanks! Do NOT try to overwrite a PST file. Just open the PST files in Outlook and copy what you want. If you want to reuse all your old data, migrate the Outlook Data File using these instructions: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [...

MS Mail for Outlook 2003........
Anyone????????? ...

2003 out of office assistant problem
Outlook shows out of office assistant active for the particular user but senders don't get the reply...? Works for all other users in the domain. Ideas anyone? Thanks! ...

rules in outlook 2003 #3
i have a user who is running outlook2003 with the new type of .pst file that allows larger size. She had rules setup in office 2000 to move emails to certain folders from specified senders. she pulls her email from a exchange 5.5 server. the rules worked fine in 2000 but will not working 2003 and i have had her delete and re add the rules. Are their issues with exchange 5.5 and office 2003 or does anyone have any ideas? thanks everybody in advance Have you tried it already with the old format pst-file? Could you tell me if the rules work then -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft O...

Forwarding email in Outlook 2003 #2
I'm having a problem forwarding certain e-mails using Outlook 2003...When I forward the message, it trys to start Word 2003 as my e-mail editor... The problem is the program hangs at this point and Word never opens the message...? Any ideas? "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<283c01c4a28b$3c640c00$a401280a@phx.gbl>... > I'm having a problem forwarding certain e-mails using > Outlook 2003...When I forward the message, it trys to > start Word 2003 as my e-mail editor... The problem is the > program hangs at this p...

Outlook Bar #5
I turned off the "Would you like a shortcut to this folder added to your = Outlook Bar" option and=20 can't figure out how to turn this function back on. I clicked "Don't prompt me about this again". Any suggestions on how to get this needed function turned back on would = be appreciated =20 I use OL2002 Thanks --=20 Done Thank you --=20 "MP" <noemainospaml@hotmail.com> escribi=F3 en el mensaje = news:bsck64$blfap$1@ID-180845.news.uni-berlin.de... I turned off the "Would you like a shortcut to this folder added to your = Outlook Bar&q...

publish to the web using publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 and am unable to publish my web page to the web. I keep getting the error: Can not find the URL http://www.geocities.com/zyrae99 which is the information that was given to me from Yahoo! GeoCities for hosting my webpage. Please can someone help me???? May I suggest posting your question to the publisher webdesign group? BTW - how do stars shin? JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "stars are always shinning bright" wrote: > I am using Publisher 2003 and am unable to publish my web page to the web. I > keep getting the error: Can not find the URL http:/...

MS OL 2003 Issue
In Outlook 2003, everytime I click on a new message, forward or reply I get a message box for MS Visual Basic that macros have been disabled, What do I need to do to correct that? Thanks in advance for your help. Hi Tom, please click HELP | ABOUT MICROSOFT OFFICE | DISABLE ITEMS and there is a list of disable or enable items. Please aktivate all!"+ -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Tom Perot" <tperot@perotsys.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:005701c47a3d$...

SBS 2003 R2 and Slipstream Media
I'm currently working through a Swing Migration to replace and older Dell server. The new server is a Dell PE T310 with a SAS SCSI controller for my RAID. My media is SBS 2003 Premium R2 and this new server appears to have issues related to Windows 2003 Server w/sp1. When I use my SBS media and use F6 to apply the SAS controller drivers during Windows setup, I consistently get blue stop errors. I'm using the latest drivers from Dell. This is a brand new product from Dell. When I spoke with Dell support today, they advised me that I must use Windows 2003 w/sp2 media t...

Publisher 2003 always creates PNG graphics
Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher always uses it. How do I stop it? Please post only in the correct group, and then only once. Refer to your post in webdesign. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008E0558-CF3A-4961-AAD7-28A3DB7629CC@microsoft.com... > Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher > always uses it. How do I stop it? ...

Date range changes from 2003 to 2007
In several charts created in Excel 2003 I had a 12 month date range as the X axis, when opening these files in 2007 the X axis ranges have been changed to days instead of months, this has also happened when using the day format mm/dd ddd to represent a week such as 03/02 Sun through 03/09 Sun, when opened in 2007 it changes the format to 3/2 and just shows a single day. ...

Small Business Server 2003
Is Great Plains 7.5 compatible with Small Business Server 2003? yes -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ec01c50df0$3d7be8d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Great Plains 7.5 compatible with Small Business Server > 2003? ...

Accessing email using Outlook 2003 through VPN
None of our VPN users cannot access email through Outlook 2003 through VPN. All other resources can be accessed. If they switch back to Outlook 2000 or XP they can access mail. Is there any setting in outlook that I am missing. Amila ...

Inserting 5 files into one document
Word/Office 2000 Windows XP Pro SP2 I have five documents I want to insert, one by one, into one document. Each one has, in the bottom footer, its own File Name and Path and page numbers I will be saving to Cute PDF Writer. When the five documents are inserted into the one document, does each one keep its own identity (its own file path)? Or do I have to create sections? And if that's the case, I assume I look for the end of each document and select a 'Next Page' break. When they've become one document, they don't have five different paths. ...