Exchange 2K7 and ACL on GALs

Hi,

I'm looking for a convenient way t set ACL on address list and GAL, seems
that we can't do it via the GUI and didn't found the parameters to do it via
PS.

So I'm left with ADSIEDIT but wonder if there isn't a better way.

Thanks for your help

--
Daniel Falconetti

Move AD from exchange server
Hi, I currently have 4 exchange 2003 servers, of which one is playing a dual role and is also a primary domain controller, with the other 3 as BDC's I now would like to move the PDC role off the one that is playing a dual role to a new server that I bought, Can I just transfer all 5 roles across from that server to the new one, or is there anything else I have to do so that exchange still functions after the PDC role is move to the new server. (I would like to keep this existing dual role server as a BDC with exchange). Thanks, Generally it's best to have at least two DCs,...

Single forrest, multiple domain exchange rights issue
Hi All, I have a problem with Exchange 2000 and rights to calendars/inboxes etc. I will explain the situation We had a single forrest single domain structure, with exchange residing in domain A We are now building a new domain (Domain B) in the forrest to copy the users to because we are building a new it structure and we want to start fresh. we COPIED the users to the new domain, ran a script that added the NEW useraccount as full mailbox owner on their own mailbox (which is still in domain A) As of last monday we started to pilot with the new enviroment, the pilotusers can access th...

Exchange Server issue
Can an Exchange server be removed and rejoined to a domain without incident or will attempting this turn my life into a living hell? I have a strange issue that I can't quite figure out. My exchange server has recently dropped off of the radar. I cannot see it when browsing the network. It will reply to a ping and I can reach it using Remote Destop but it does not show up when browsing the network nor from a run command using IP or netbios name. Because of this I cannot back anything up on this server. Wondering if I were to rejoin to the domain if that might help the issue. I doubt ...

Moving Exchange to a new hardware, which is the reccommended practice?
Hi, I need to move my Exch2K Server to a new hardware. I want to minimize the time the service is down. My plan is the following: -Install Exch2K on the new hardware, as a second mail server on the domain. -Make a backup of the store of the old server -Disconnect the old server -Rename the new server to the old name, change the IP, the service is up again in a few minutes -Restore the store to the new server Does it works? Can I freely rename the Exchange server? Will the Active Directory get corrupted with such changes? Can I restore the Exch Store to a different server with the same name an...

Malware and Spyware against Exchange 2003 + SBS 2003
We have a SBS server that only acts an e-mail/exchange server and it doesn't do anything else. The server has been running for about a month or two and we recently ran spyware/virus on the server and found multiple infections. Couple of questions: 1. Is there any reason why this is happening? 2. Is Exchange executing the attachments on its own? 3. Or are the users executing malware attachments through their connection in outlook? Please advise. Thanks. Before I jump to any conclusions here, what did you run to detect the viruses and spyware? If you ran a client scanner such as Nort...

Exchange server 2003 access webmail accounts
Dear all, I have a webamil account for all our existing users and now i had installed MS Mail exchange server 2003. I need to integrate my exchange server with my webmail. I mean all the mails from outlook -> exchange server -> webmail. Any mails from webmail -> exchange server -> outlook. Where and What settings i need to do in my Mail exchange server. Where I need to specify my webmails Pop3 and SMTP IP or domain name in my exchange server. If any link pls specify to my mail rakeshhaari@gmail.com. Thanks and Regards, Rakesh. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software De...

Exchange Calendar integration with WSS, 2 new ideas, need feedback
I have posted in the past for help with resolving the following scenario: Windows 2003 WSS WIndows 2003 w/ Exchange 2003 Windows XP SP2 clients Office 2003 sp1 http://intranet is the top level site, with each department having their own subsite http://intranet/<dept>. Each department site has an events calendar. Each department has a designated user responsible for the calendar. Using Side-by-side calendaring a user CAN drag from the Sharepoint calendar onto their personal calendar. HOWEVER, users CAN NOT create an event in Outlook and Drag to the sharepoint calendar. Because this...

Installing SQL 2005 after installtion of Exchange 2007
I think I did installation the wrong way around, I first installed Exchange 2007 and actually should have installed SQL 2005 first i guess. Could I install SQL 2005 on top of an existing Exchange 2007? Thanks for comments.. On 20 Apr 2007 13:15:08 -0700, Orfeo <Orfeo1@gmail.com> wrote: >I think I did installation the wrong way around, I first installed >Exchange 2007 and actually should have installed SQL 2005 first i >guess. >Could I install SQL 2005 on top of an existing Exchange 2007? >Thanks for comments.. I wouldnt put SQL and Exchange on the same server. "...

Restoring Exchange 5.5 Mailbox from Backup (Backup Exec) to Exchange Server 2003
We currently upgraded our network including a move from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We exported users' mailboxes to .pst files and subsequently imported them into the 2003 environment. One user's mailbox was not extracted to a .pst file. The exchange server in which the mailbox resided was upgraded as well along with having Exchange 5.5 removed. We now use a single server for mail services (Exchange 2003) with a different server name. I have a backup (Backup Exec 9.1) of the mailboxes in tape form. I need to import the mailbox data of this particular user into the new...

removing a server from Exchange
My server was set up by a tech at an IT tech company and I needed to change the name of my server. This is a Small Business Server with Exchange as a feature and I'm not that familiar with it. When I went to Exchange the old name showed up (Server) and not the new name (Triplec-server). I followed some instructions to remove Exchange and then reinstalled Exchange. However, this old server shows up as the first server in the Ex change Server Manager and the new name shows up as the second server. My users cannot access their mailboxes. When I right click on the original server (...

Which category for currency exchange?
Which category should a currency exchange go under? This isn't the exchange fee. It is the withdrawal from an American bank to purchase Euros for example in Europe. It's the actual conversion. Not really an income or an expense. Using MS Money Small Business 2004. Thanks, Brett This is hard because Money doesn't provide a great way to treat it. In my case for short travel, and I don't use the Business edition, I create a cash account for the foreign currency, set it up to use that currency, and use a transfer in from one of my normal cash accounts. With the acco...

rule limits without Microsoft Exchange Server
I've been reading here about rule limits (scary thought) but since they all seem to mention having a Microsoft Exchange Server and I don't connect through a MSES I wondered if there was a different limit or (hopefully) no limit if I'm not using MSES. If the answer is that yes there are still limits on the rules I'm wondering what procedures any of you use so that you aren't left stuck one day with rules that won't work because you've reached the limit. Kathleane <Kathleane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been reading here about rule ...

Exchange 5.5SP4 and W2K SP4
Hi, When W2K SP4 was released, there was a problem with SP4 and Exchange 5.5. I can't remember what the problem was exactly, but I think it was something to do with the Optimizer Utility. Does anyone know if there has been a bug fix for this problem? Is anyone successfully running W2K SP4 on their Exchange 5.5 SP4 server? Thanks "Steven Bellamy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >When W2K SP4 was released, there was a problem with SP4 and Exchange 5.5. >I can't remember what the problem was exactly, but I think it was something >to do with the Optimizer Utility...

SBS2003 Exchange mailbox store drive full
Hi all, Having problems due to lack of space on a customers D drive which runs out of space and dismounts the mailbox store. I have deleted emails and cleared space, which only creates a 100Mb or so. Presumably I now need to eseutil /d but there isn't enough free space on D: drive to do this with the mailbox store being around 20Gb. There is an additional data drive installed, so if I dismount the store and do a Eseutil /d /t "f:\temp.edb" will this do the defrag and then copy back/reduce the size of the original file, or do I then need to delete and copy ba...

Outlook 2003 failed to update with Exchange
One of my outlook mailbox seems to be stuck on an e-mail and refuse to update anything later than that. The same mailbox has no problem updating when access via OWA. I check the drive that holds the .ost file and it has lots of space. I tried deleting all the mails with large file attachment on outlook 2003 again with no success. Tried logging on to the same account with another machine using outlook 2003, again it get stuck on the same e-mail (which is in plain text and has no attachment). I cannot find anything in KB that may explain how to resolve this. Any suggesstion on how best to...

Sending Newsletter practically crashes Exchange 2003
Hello all. We have a newsletter we send out to about 34,000 opt-in subscribers every other Thursday. The emails are all sent from an ASP page using CDOSYS on Windows 2000 Server. The smart-host for that SMTP engine is our Exchange 2003 box. Whenever that day comes around and we send out the newsletter, our email comes to a halt for all intents and purposes. It could take 2 days to send or receive a message if it's sent a few hours after the newsletter is mailed out. Interestingly enough, if I reboot the exchange server things operate at normal speed for about 10 minutes, and then everyt...

Crask Outlook and Exchange 2003 in SBS 2003 and outlook.ost file
Hi, yesterday my SBS 2003 is crashed and I need about a week to restart the system. Now I have reconfigured the clients of mine to use Outlook 2003 as stand-alone clients via pop3 and to use the off-line mailbox, features of outlook 2003 for notebook and etc. Now I during reconfiguration of e-mail accont on my notebook where there was in a folder "C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook", the file outlook.ost, I have mistaked and to error I have deleted account of Exchange. Immediately all my e-mail folder, mailbox, calendar and othe...

Event Id errors on exchange
Hi, my server and exchange server were working perfectly fine last week and today when we got in the office we could not log into outlook. Here are the errors i got in the event log. We have all the service packs for server 2003 and exchange 2003 installed. EVENT ID 2102 Process STORE.EXE (PID=3600). All the DS Servers in domain are not responding. Event ID 8026 LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory server.********.com for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down. Event ID: 2102 Process MAD.EXE (PID=2224). All Domain Controller Servers in us...

Is it possible for Exchange admins login to other user's mailbox?
When I open Exchange 2000 system manager, I can see a "last logged on by" column in user's mailbox store. Can it be different user? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q262054& -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "Hawz" <ohawz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esXkWHLlEHA.2892@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I open Exchange 2000 system m...

Exchange VM Fragmentation issue
We are currently running W2K - SP4 & Exchange 2000 enterprise, fully patched and up-to-date with the latest updates. The server has 2GB of RAM. We are getting warning messages popping up every hour telling us that the virtual memory is highly fragmented and it is highly recommended that we restart all exchange services to corect this issue. The event ID is 9582. I applied the heapcommitfreeblockthreshold patch in July of 2005 and it seemed to resolve the issue for about 4 months or so. We made no changes to the server in that time, but the 9582 message started popping up again...

Exchange Sync deletes calendar items older than 2 weeks..
Hi, Have several Wireless PDA all running Exchange Sync. It appears as though that any calendar items older than 2 weeks old are deleted from the smartphone. These are Palm Phones and there is NOT a setting for Calendar retension only the inbox. Wired Sync allow all items (no matter how old). Exchange Sync syncs delete anything older than 2 weeks. Palm says this is Microsoft Exchange Portable Devices default. Anyone know how to keep items older than 2 weeks old? Is this an Exchange Server setting for mobile devices? Is there a registry key that can override it? On Tue, 30...

Moving mailboxes with exchange 2k3
Hello I am planning on doing a exchange 2003 standard to 2003 enterprise upgrade. I want to do the mailbox move method for this. I've got a fair amount of mailboxes to move. Outlook 2000 is the desktop client in use. If someone has outlook open while the mailbox move is taking place, will this corrupt the mailbox in any way. Or if they are accessing their box through Owa could it corrupt it as well. Thanks No, the mailbox may hang temporarily, but it will not impact the move. Missy "mikea" <mikea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CB8BAB7-AB44...

kbid=905809 Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 SP1 Delegation
Hi I need more info please with the problem documented below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905809 I have many Exchange servers and over 50 000 users, 1) Do I need to stop and start any of the system attendant services? 2) Do I need to run the SC command on every exchange server? Riccardo <dskjfhadskjgaskjdhgf@ajhsgdfkjsahgfksajh.sdjhfgsakjhdgfsadjhg.s> wrote: >Hi I need more info please with the problem documented below > >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905809 > >I have many Exchange servers and over 50 000 users, > >1) Do I need to stop and start any o...

Upgrade Question regarding Exchange 2000 to either 2003 or 2007.
We have a windows 2000 server environment running a single Exchange 2000 Enterprise server. Doing some research and its obvious Microsoft prefers me to jump to 2007, but I personaly think it would probably be wise to upgrade to 2003 Exchange Enterprise server. Ill be introducing the server initally and ideally just moving all the mailboxes to the new 2003 server. Any recommendations? How heavily do you use public folders? How many users are you talking about? How big a store? What sort of users? There are about 100 other questions that need answers before handing out a blanket re...

Can I dcpromo down Exchange from AD?
Dear all: I have three AD DC Server: AD for AD Domain Controller/DHCP/WINS Exchange for AD Domain Controller/Exchange Server 2000 sp3 FileServer for AD Domain Controller/FileServer Now I think that the loading for Exchange server was too heavy, so I want to dcpromo down the AD from Exchange Server. But I'm worry about that will it let Exchange crash or not work? Thank you. You should be just fine to demote an Exchange Server from your current environment. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "David" &l...