Exchange 2k3 public folder Store Database File Grows Unexpectedly

HI,

I am running one Exchange 2k3 having 500 + mail boxes and three mail box
store.

Currently i am facing following problem..
Public folder store database file grows unexpectedly large. Growth rate of
pub.edb file is 1 GB per day. Although their is nothing that we have
published through public folder.
 i had gone though this KB815297 but it was for exchange 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815297#XSLTH3123121123120121120120

Can any one help urgently.

Sanjay Raval

Looking at the public folder store, under Public Folder Instances, do any of
these folders seem to have too much content?  Not sure what might cause this
to grow unexpectedly besides content.  Unless something was seriously wrong
with the database engine.  Check your event logs also and see if nightly
on-line maintenance is occuring.  Event ID 1221 will let you know if it is
getting to the point that it is reporting white space.

--
Jim McBee
Web: http://www.somorita.com

"Sanjay Raval" <SanjayRaval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I am running one Exchange 2k3 having 500 + mail boxes and three mail box
> store.
>
> Currently i am facing following problem..
> Public folder store database file grows unexpectedly large. Growth rate of
> pub.edb file is 1 GB per day. Although their is nothing that we have
> published through public folder.
> i had gone though this KB815297 but it was for exchange 2000.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815297#XSLTH3123121123120121120120
>
> Can any one help urgently.
>
> Sanjay Raval

0
jmcbee9404 (625)

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

Excel query of Access database
I have an excel workbook where I've queried a table in access. When I first setup the query, I did it through the get external data query wizard, browsed, found my access database (called database_010306.mdb) and selected my table. All was fine. Now, I am renaming my temporary named database (database_010306.mdb) to just database.mdb. So I've got to tell Excel the new filename. I thought I had it when I went to "edit query" in Excel, then went to "Microsoft Query", looked at the SQL code and changed the FROM statement to point to my new filename. When I closed Mic...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

store item quantity
hi can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store in hq database. thanks ItemDynamics -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6817D99-2062-43A8-9CC4-65D7EB17360B@microsoft.com... > hi > can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store > in > hq database. > thanks thank you ryan ,i got it "Ryan @ R...

SQL 2005 express database monitoring
Can someone advise how to monitor SQL 2005 express database size? Thank you very much! Hi, You can use SQL Server Management Studio express to check the database size. "april" <april@123.com> wrote in message news:OpMOYt$gKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can someone advise how to monitor SQL 2005 express database size? > > Thank you very much! hI Insert the result of below script into a monitoring table and compare over tome period SELECT @@SERVERNAME AS SqlServerName, db.name AS DatabaseName, SUM(CASE WHEN syf.g...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

recover mails from .bak file in ms outlook
Dear All I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a problem with .PST file I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file but many mails are missing. I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file. Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file Thanks Vimal -- vimalrupera If you have a backup copy of your pst and you recover it, then you may well find the problem is also recovered. What format is your pst file? - If your pst is open in Outlook, select properties of the personal folders, Advanced, what is sh...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

Creating a Database
I am the money manager for a Girl Scout troop and need some help creating a database that would keep track of registration dues (yearly), regular dues (weekly), when these dues are deposited, check written, with dates, check numbers and such. I want it to feed into a simple check book register look report but then have detailed reports by child on how much they have paid and when. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. If you have never created a database before, it is going to take you a couple of years of work (assuming you do this in your spare time) to figure out how t...

CE6: Hive Registry on XIP ROM & RAM File System
Hi, The CE6 BSP from supplier supports ROM-Only file system, XIP, Hive-based Registry. It works fine on my board. But we are reuiqred to support ROM and RAM file system, XIP, Hive-based Registry. After some modifications, ROM and RAM file system is working now. All folders are in RAM, except Windows folder. But I have two problems, don't know how to solve them: 1. After system boots up, only My Device icon and Recyle Bin icon appears on desktop. IE icon, Word Pad icon, and other MS shortcut icons are not displayed. Program folder is empty. I remember I can see all the wince...

Reading Access Files on PDA
I have ordered a PDA a HP Ipaq H2210, and I want to transfer a database I have on my PC to my Ipaq. On my PC I use MS Access 2002. Access is not available on the Ipaq so I was wondering if any knew of any software that I can get that I will run on the Ipaq and can read/write Access 2002 files. Does anyone know of any such software that I can use? Ideally it should be freeware. I hope you can help. Thanks!! I do not know of any software that will run on the Ipaq that could read/write Access 2002 files. Perhaps, you may want to return the IPaq and find a PDA that does supports Access. &qu...

antigen on exchange #2

KnowledgeBase Folders
Is it possible to add KB Folders in CRM 4.0? Thanks for your help ...