Exchange 2007 SMTP how to set which certificate to use?

Hello,

How do you set the certificate used my SMTP TLS on exchange 2007.  There are
settings for IMAP, POP, OWA but not for SMTP. For instance:

set-imapsettings -X509CertificateName <String> sets the certificate you want
to use. No such paramter exists for set-receiveconnector.

Why this isn't in the GUI for  IMAP,POP, and SMTP is totally beyond my
understanding. At any rate can someone tell me how to set the certicate that
is to be used.

Thanks

Bill

0
wtholmes (14)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c1a98e97-e58a-49c8-a44d-948b2fc07876.aspx

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"William Holmes" <wtholmes@cs.cornell.edu> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How do you set the certificate used my SMTP TLS on exchange 2007.  There
> are settings for IMAP, POP, OWA but not for SMTP. For instance:
>
> set-imapsettings -X509CertificateName <String> sets the certificate you
> want to use. No such paramter exists for set-receiveconnector.
>
> Why this isn't in the GUI for  IMAP,POP, and SMTP is totally beyond my
> understanding. At any rate can someone tell me how to set the certicate
> that is to be used.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Settings for viewing PPT presentation in Word Doc
One of my users has been receiving MS Word docs with embedded PPT presentations and viewing them just fine. She recently felt the need to change "something" in the latest Word doc and now she only sees the first slide - double clicking does not start the slideshow. Others in her office can access the document and the presentation works fine. It appears that she inadvertantly changed some setting in her Word options that govern how an embedded PPT file works. She is using Office 2007 and I can't find anything. Her project is going to continue at least another 10 mo...

SMTP service stopping repeatedly please help
We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it just stops again. We tried installing sp1 but did not help. Any help would be appreciated Sincerley Jim Kiddoo Event logs indicate anything amiss? Jim Kiddoo wrote: > We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003 and the SMTP service has > all of a sudden started stopping itself, you can restart it and it > just stops again. > We tried installing sp1 but did not help. > Any help would be appreciated > Sincerley > Jim Kiddoo ...

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Outlook 2007 fragt bei jedem Start nach dem Kennwort
Hallo Gruppe, ich hoffe ich bin hier richtig, dies ist mein erster Post in einer Gruppe. Ausgangssituation: Exchange 2003 und Outlook 2007 mit Vista Ich poste hier, da das folgende Problem mit Outlook 2003 nicht auftritt und der Exchange-Server somit ordentlich konfiguriert ist. Problem: Outlook 2007 fragt mich bei jedem Start nach Benutzernamen / Kennwort (gleicher Dialog wie man ihn von Netzwerkfreigaben her kennt). Die Checkbox "Kennwort speichern" hat keine Wirkung. Als Benutzername ist $LokalerPC\$Benutzer hinterlegt, richtig w=E4re jedoch $Server\$Benutzer. Gebe ich das Ke...

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets not working (MSPS 2007)
When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets. I only see timesheeets once they are submitted for approval. I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can not see any unsubmitted timesheets. Any help? Bug? Gary You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will not see anything in My Resources ...

Highlight a Row Depending on Active Cell Using Button?
Is there a way to highlight a row within a range when a cell is active? The highlight needs to maintain the shading even though it is no longer active. I've seen code on this site using Worksheet Change Event but I was wondering if there was a way you could do this by a Command Button so the user can highlight particular rows by clicking on a button. For example, the user is on cell A5, clicks on the button and it highlights Row A5:AV5. The code is the same as what you saw in the worksheet_change examples just that it goes in a normal subroutine. Your example would be: Sub HiLiteIt() Ra...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash.
In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want to use a horizontal line. You can do this with an EQ \f field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "adcodingmaster" <adcodingmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9269E403-DE1E-4BCF-A523-89041E2D9CDB@microsoft.com... > In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want > to > use a horizontal line. > ...

Open Subform in a New Window using a command button
I have a form with a subform which does exactly what I need. However, I want to someway change the subform to a command button so when you click the command button, it will open the subform using the same filter. My form is frmPatent and the subform is sfRelated. The Link Child Field is RelatedMtr and the Link Master Fields is Matter. Can anyone assist me. Thanks! LDMueller Place a button on the form and try this in VBA: docmd.openform "subformname", acnormal,,"RelatedMtr= '" & me.matter & "'" replace the subformname with your own subfo...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

How to the determine the current subform using a macro
Hello, I have a frmTaskList form that contains 3 subforms using tab controls. Each tab has the following subforms: SubForm Name: Form Name: Task List Subform frmTask_List_Active_SubForm Active Task OverDue frmTask_List_Active_OverDue_SubForm New Task frmTask_List_Active_New_SubForm On the frmTaskList I have a button that opens a frmEdit form. When frmEdit opens I want it to contain the records of the one that was selected when the user hit the button to open the frmEdit. The issue is that there are 3 subforms, and I don't know ...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

SMTP and the routing restrictions confusion
I am confused at the difference between the relay settings that are needed for my Exchange 5.5 server to send and receive SMTP from other SMTP servers on the internet and the settings used for POP clients to send mail through my Exchange server. (i.e. the Reroute incoming SMTP and the routing restrictions) Seems like that should be a whole separate deal. I have struggled with this for months and I'm still confused. Can someone explain this to me please? SteveO "SteveO" <spam@microsoft.com> wrote: >I am confused at the difference between the relay settings that are ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

how can i use the produc key after use to code.
thanks to sctivate my E-mail addres. ...