Exchange 2007 - Schedule+Free Busy

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I went
ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management, public
folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of Schedule+free
busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this screen.  The
properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange Administrative
Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default falues will be used
instead and will be saved if you do not change them before hitting apply or
OK on the property page.   If you click cancel, the object will be displayed
read-only and corrupted values will be retained.

The following values have invalid data:
Name.

 Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an error
message -

The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those three
names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is finding the
space.

even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (45)

EX:/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
might be the name of it but I can't seem to change that to any name that it
will accept.
"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
> 2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I
> went ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management,
> public folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of
> Schedule+free busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this
> screen.  The properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange
> Administrative Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default
> falues will be used instead and will be saved if you do not change them
> before hitting apply or OK on the property page.   If you click cancel,
> the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted values will be
> retained.
>
> The following values have invalid data:
> Name.
>
> Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
> like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an
> error message -
>
> The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
> removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those
> three names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is
> finding the space.
>
> even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
> same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
> 2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (45)
4/29/2007 6:23:19 PM
I think I have it from what I read somewhere else - going into IIS, EWS and
BIN need to have integrated Windows authentication turned on.   I can't be
sure what did it as I've been tinkering all day but after rebooting to see
if something needed resetting it works in 2003 for me.

"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy, I'm trying to figure out why I can't see free busy data in Exchange
> 2007 when using Outlook 2003 clients even though it works for OWA.   I
> went ot exchange 2007 system console, tools, public folder management,
> public folders, system Public folders, went to the properties of
> Schedule+free busy.   If I click on Exchange General, I always get this
> screen.  The properties on "schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange
> Administrative Group " have invalid data.   If you click OK, default
> falues will be used instead and will be saved if you do not change them
> before hitting apply or OK on the property page.   If you click cancel,
> the object will be displayed read-only and corrupted values will be
> retained.
>
> The following values have invalid data:
> Name.
>
> Have tried setting Alias, display name, and simple display name to things
> like test - no spaces all under 8 characters and it still gives me an
> error message -
>
> The name property contains leading or trailing whitespace which must be
> removed - there are no spaces at the beginning, end or middle of those
> three names and they are all under 8 characters - not sure where it is
> finding the space.
>
> even if it is setting it to default as it claims it is, it still has the
> same issue after I open the public folder the same way in ESM on exchange
> 2007.   This is a standalone server - no edge, no exchange 2003 etc.

0
boe_d1 (45)

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Outlook 2007 fragt bei jedem Start nach dem Kennwort
Hallo Gruppe, ich hoffe ich bin hier richtig, dies ist mein erster Post in einer Gruppe. Ausgangssituation: Exchange 2003 und Outlook 2007 mit Vista Ich poste hier, da das folgende Problem mit Outlook 2003 nicht auftritt und der Exchange-Server somit ordentlich konfiguriert ist. Problem: Outlook 2007 fragt mich bei jedem Start nach Benutzernamen / Kennwort (gleicher Dialog wie man ihn von Netzwerkfreigaben her kennt). Die Checkbox "Kennwort speichern" hat keine Wirkung. Als Benutzername ist $LokalerPC\$Benutzer hinterlegt, richtig w=E4re jedoch $Server\$Benutzer. Gebe ich das Ke...

Exchange

Business reports in Home & Business ver or any other useful featur
Hello, Can you please post a list of business reports in Home & Business version? All I see on Microsoft Money website is it offers various business reports, but doesn't tell which ones. I know P&L is there, but wanted to know what else is there. I'm incorporated independent IT consultant. I currently own Money Deluxe. Depending on the list of business reports, I may upgrade to Home&Business version.) Also, please feel free to provide any other reasons I may want to upgrade to Home&Business version as I pay professional tax consultant to do my taxes (and some ...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Free Trial: Home & Business
Simple question I believe I am running the free trial of Home and Business and have 10 days trial left only Can I purchase Plus or Deluxe when the trial expires and will it run fine please? Re: Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Microsoft Money Plus Premium Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business Also is the free trial, which I believe is 2008 software compatible with 2007 software? Best rgs Dan In microsoft.public.money, D Hughes wrote: >Simple question > >I believe I am running the free trial of Home and Business and have 10 days >trial left only > >Can I purchase Plus...

My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets not working (MSPS 2007)
When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets. I only see timesheeets once they are submitted for approval. I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can not see any unsubmitted timesheets. Any help? Bug? Gary You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will not see anything in My Resources ...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the Outlook.pst file residing in the Offline Files folder. Any ideas? DakkonA <Nicholas.Bauer@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my > Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some > reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the > Outlook.pst file residing in the Offli...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...

Outlook 2007 Editor...I want to cry...
I just installed Office 2007 today only to discover that I'm now stripped all the efficiencies I've developed with years of crafting Word marcros and assigning them to keys of MY choosing. While I was impressed that the install retained my search folders, custom colorization and the like, I find this single ABOMINATION enough reason to reinstall ALL OF Office 2003. I am thunderstruck at the idiocy of hobbling those experienced users who have embraced - and evangelized! - Microsoft technology including sharing macros with co-workers, etc. As relates to my use of Outlook this ...