exchange 2007 rollup update OWA problem

After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't access OWA
from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress to
https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
logon screen but without pictures.

Renko

0
hogo (6)

Focusing on the patch side:

Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The application
eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.

If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
assistance.

"HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
> After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't access
> OWA
> from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress to
> https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
> on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
> logon screen but without pictures.
>
> Renko

0
scotro (14)
4/28/2007 9:42:31 PM
Installation don't show error, I found only something in
C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\UpdateOwa.log

[18:37:58] ***********************************************
[18:37:59] * UpdateOwa.ps1: 27. 4. 2007 18:37:58
[18:38:02] Updating OWA on server NCCMAIL
[18:38:02] Finding OWA install path on the filesystem
[18:38:02] Updating OWA to version 8.0.700.0
[18:38:02] Copying files from 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\ClientAccess\owa\Current' to 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\ClientAccess\owa\8.0.700.0'
[18:38:03] Getting all Exchange 2007 OWA virtual directories
[18:38:04] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the shell
variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Unable to create IIS
(Internet Information Service) directory entry. Error Message is: The
service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has
no enabled devices associated with it.
.. HResult = -2147023838

"Scott Roberts (Exchange) [MSFT]" <scotro@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:55093D0C-14BB-495D-8631-DBDBB3E145CF@microsoft.com...
> Focusing on the patch side:
>
> Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The application
> eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
> installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.
>
> If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
> assistance.
>

> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
> > After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't access
> > OWA
> > from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress to

https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
> > on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
> > logon screen but without pictures.
> >
> > Renko

0
hogo (6)
4/29/2007 8:00:16 AM
Look around the service control and make sure IIS is enabled and that W3SVC
is also running [as you can tell from the error]. You can run the
updateowa.ps1 script manually to get the IIS metabase settings set or you
can reinstall the patch to have the patch do it for you.

You can look to see what the script does by opening it and you will notice
that it doesn't do much. The only other thing that I can think of is access
permissions to the metabase (IIS).

Scott

> Installation don't show error, I found only something in
> C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\UpdateOwa.log
>

> [18:37:58] ***********************************************
> [18:37:59] * UpdateOwa.ps1: 27. 4. 2007 18:37:58
> [18:38:02] Updating OWA on server NCCMAIL
> [18:38:02] Finding OWA install path on the filesystem
> [18:38:02] Updating OWA to version 8.0.700.0
> [18:38:02] Copying files from 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> Server\ClientAccess\owa\Current' to 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> Server\ClientAccess\owa\8.0.700.0'
> [18:38:03] Getting all Exchange 2007 OWA virtual directories
> [18:38:04] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the shell
> variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Unable to create IIS
> (Internet Information Service) directory entry. Error Message is: The
> service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has
> no enabled devices associated with it.
> . HResult = -2147023838
>

> "Scott Roberts (Exchange) [MSFT]" <scotro@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:55093D0C-14BB-495D-8631-DBDBB3E145CF@microsoft.com...
>> Focusing on the patch side:
>>
>> Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The
>> application
>> eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
>> installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.
>>
>> If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
>> assistance.
>>

>> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
>> > After installing rollup update KB930809 for Exchange 2007 I can't
>> > access
>> > OWA
>> > from IE6. When I type https://192.168.241.5/owa browser change adress
>> >
> https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas
>> > on=0 and show blank page. But when I access OWA from Firefox, I can see
>> > logon screen but without pictures.
>> >
>> > Renko

0
scotro (14)
4/29/2007 4:07:10 PM
I checked these services and both running. When I try run update script
manually I get this error:

[PS] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>C:\Script\UpdateOwa.ps1
[08:12:47] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the shell
variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Cannot add Windows
PowerShell snap
-in Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin because it is already
added. Verify the name of the snap-in and try again.

I don't know what is ErrorActionPreference but I think that is
set to continue:

[PS] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>$ErrorActionPreference

message news:B86599FA-F574-416D-94E0-24C73DB9B1EA@microsoft.com...
> Look around the service control and make sure IIS is enabled and that
W3SVC
> is also running [as you can tell from the error]. You can run the
> updateowa.ps1 script manually to get the IIS metabase settings set or you
> can reinstall the patch to have the patch do it for you.
>
> You can look to see what the script does by opening it and you will notice
> that it doesn't do much. The only other thing that I can think of is
access
> permissions to the metabase (IIS).
>
> Scott
>
> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message
> > Installation don't show error, I found only something in
> > C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\UpdateOwa.log
> >

> > [18:37:58] ***********************************************
> > [18:37:59] * UpdateOwa.ps1: 27. 4. 2007 18:37:58
> > [18:38:02] Updating OWA on server NCCMAIL
> > [18:38:02] Finding OWA install path on the filesystem
> > [18:38:02] Updating OWA to version 8.0.700.0
> > [18:38:02] Copying files from 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> > Server\ClientAccess\owa\Current' to 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
> > Server\ClientAccess\owa\8.0.700.0'
> > [18:38:03] Getting all Exchange 2007 OWA virtual directories
> > [18:38:04] Error patching OWA: Command execution stopped because the
shell
> > variable "ErrorActionPreference" is set to Stop: Unable to create IIS
> > (Internet Information Service) directory entry. Error Message is: The
> > service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
has
> > no enabled devices associated with it.
> > . HResult = -2147023838
> >

> > "Scott Roberts (Exchange) [MSFT]" <scotro@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:55093D0C-14BB-495D-8631-DBDBB3E145CF@microsoft.com...
> >> Focusing on the patch side:
> >>
> >> Are you 100% sure that the patch installed with no errors? The
> >> application
> >> eventlog will have an MSIInstall event for start and end results of the
> >> installation of the rollup. Look at events around that time.
> >>
> >> If everything looks ok there - someone else might be able to offer
> >> assistance.
> >>

> >> "HoGo FoGo" <hogo@fo.go> wrote in message

https://192.168.241.5/owa/auth/logon.aspx?url=https://192.168.241.5/owa&reas

0
hogo (6)

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Fixed Asset problems, please help
On a depreciation report, there are some funny things showing up on the report. Several items had the wrong account set for it, and before depreciation was run, the account was changed to the right account. However, when the post to GL is run for the periods, the postings are wrong. There is a FADEP source transaction to the wrong account, plus there are also two postings to the correct a count, they are FADEP-R sources to the correct account, one positive and one negative that offset each other. In addition to this, the depreciation has started to be split up during the month, For example...

Outlook 2007 fragt bei jedem Start nach dem Kennwort
Hallo Gruppe, ich hoffe ich bin hier richtig, dies ist mein erster Post in einer Gruppe. Ausgangssituation: Exchange 2003 und Outlook 2007 mit Vista Ich poste hier, da das folgende Problem mit Outlook 2003 nicht auftritt und der Exchange-Server somit ordentlich konfiguriert ist. Problem: Outlook 2007 fragt mich bei jedem Start nach Benutzernamen / Kennwort (gleicher Dialog wie man ihn von Netzwerkfreigaben her kennt). Die Checkbox "Kennwort speichern" hat keine Wirkung. Als Benutzername ist $LokalerPC\$Benutzer hinterlegt, richtig w=E4re jedoch $Server\$Benutzer. Gebe ich das Ke...

Viewing project assignment post-SP2 update
After installing SP2, I no longer see the color-coded dots on calendar views indicating project assignment for events. The text of the event is still indented, as though the dot is invisibly there occupying space, and the project assignment still exists when the event is opened, but simply can't be seen from the calendar. Anyone else with this issue? Suggestions for a fix? I sort of liked/relied upon viewing project assignments in this way. Thx. Brian I had exactly the same problem, Brian Any news on a fix? Mike Brian D. Riedel wrote: > After installing SP2, I no longer see t...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets not working (MSPS 2007)
When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets. I only see timesheeets once they are submitted for approval. I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can not see any unsubmitted timesheets. Any help? Bug? Gary You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will not see anything in My Resources ...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Timezone and date problems Vista / XP
Hi @ all, users reported 2 issues to me where I'm currently not finding a solution for. 1.) We have created a custom entity "Training. If Vista CRM client creates an object of that type and setting a date field the date is displayed on a XP client with one day difference. If the XP client corrects the date on both clients the date is the same. Can anyone reproduce that behavior? 2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send date displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the Outlook.pst file residing in the Offline Files folder. Any ideas? DakkonA <Nicholas.Bauer@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my > Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some > reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the > Outlook.pst file residing in the Offli...

Exchange Calendar Item vs. Outlook problem
Our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server has what appears to be a corrupt calendar item for January 20, 2004. Those people who have this recurring(?) calendar item experience an Outlook lock up (CPU 100% running process outlook.exe) when accessing their calendar for that date and when syncing for offline Outlook use. This effects Outlook versions 2000 and 2002. Because the item can not be accessed from an Outlook client it can not be deleted. Is there a way to delete recurring calendar items from a specific date in the private data store? Is there an Outlook patch that prevents the CPU utilization p...