Exchange 2007 - how to see mailbox size and connected users?

I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my configurations
my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox size
and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the graphical
admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know how to
do it either.

Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when arriving
on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is connected
and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007.

0
Tompkins (1)

powershell

get-mailboxstatistics will get you the sizes.

I'll (or you'll) have to go look up what to use to get the active
connections - don't have that one top of mind.

"Charles Tompkins" <Charles Tompkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DD34AAC6-B6BF-4E79-BC80-9EF7826F1CD4@microsoft.com...
> I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my
> configurations
> my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox size
> and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the graphical
> admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know how
> do it either.
>
> Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when arriving
> on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is
> connected
> and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007.

0
awebb7472 (650)
2/14/2007 5:34:43 PM
get-mailboxstatistics gave me the mailbox size in a mass of other detail. I
couldn't find any way to get the users connected to a mailbox.

It seems incredible to me that there is no easy way to do these simple
tasks. I'm going to continue the discussion on the blog site.

Thanks for the reply, anyway
Charles

"andy webb" wrote:

> powershell
>
> get-mailboxstatistics will get you the sizes.
>
> I'll (or you'll) have to go look up what to use to get the active
> connections - don't have that one top of mind.
>

> "Charles Tompkins" <Charles Tompkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:DD34AAC6-B6BF-4E79-BC80-9EF7826F1CD4@microsoft.com...
> > I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my
> > configurations
> > my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox size
> > and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the graphical
> > admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know how
> > do it either.
> >
> > Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when arriving
> > on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is
> > connected
> > and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007.

Try get-logonstatistics and see if that gives you what you need.

"Charles Tompkins" <CharlesTompkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D9A7DDF8-75F7-40E0-AAFC-A1303A0E8710@microsoft.com...
> get-mailboxstatistics gave me the mailbox size in a mass of other detail.
> couldn't find any way to get the users connected to a mailbox.
>
> It seems incredible to me that there is no easy way to do these simple
> tasks. I'm going to continue the discussion on the blog site.
>
> Thanks for the reply, anyway
> Charles
>

> "andy webb" wrote:
>
>> powershell
>>
>> get-mailboxstatistics will get you the sizes.
>>
>> I'll (or you'll) have to go look up what to use to get the active
>> connections - don't have that one top of mind.
>>

>> "Charles Tompkins" <Charles Tompkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:DD34AAC6-B6BF-4E79-BC80-9EF7826F1CD4@microsoft.com...
>> > I've been running the Exchange 2007 evaluation. On one of my
>> > configurations
>> > my messages weren't getting through so I tried to look at the mailbox
>> > size
>> > and the users connected. And I can't find how to do this in the
>> > graphical
>> > admin interface. I've asked some of my collegues and they don't know
>> > how
>> > do it either.
>> >
>> > Am I missing something here? One of the first things I do on when
>> > arriving
>> > on a customer site is to check out the list of mailboxes and who is
>> > connected
>> > and I can't figure out how to do it on Exchange 2007.

0
awebb7472 (650)

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Outlook 2007 fragt bei jedem Start nach dem Kennwort
Hallo Gruppe, ich hoffe ich bin hier richtig, dies ist mein erster Post in einer Gruppe. Ausgangssituation: Exchange 2003 und Outlook 2007 mit Vista Ich poste hier, da das folgende Problem mit Outlook 2003 nicht auftritt und der Exchange-Server somit ordentlich konfiguriert ist. Problem: Outlook 2007 fragt mich bei jedem Start nach Benutzernamen / Kennwort (gleicher Dialog wie man ihn von Netzwerkfreigaben her kennt). Die Checkbox "Kennwort speichern" hat keine Wirkung. Als Benutzername ist $LokalerPC\$Benutzer hinterlegt, richtig w=E4re jedoch $Server\$Benutzer. Gebe ich das Ke...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Exchange

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

User win32 dll
Hi I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. How can I do so. Regards Usman > I've an MFC application that has to call the functions of a win32 dll. I > have the dll and its header file containing functions headers and lib file. > How can I do so. You just need to link against the .lib file. What exactly is that you are not able to do? --- Ajay There's a function in the Dll that I've to use i.e MyDllFunction(unsinged int) In my MFC application, I...

Strang inbound and outbound mail size restriction result
Hi, Currently, I am using ISS antipam server (straight, no size restriction) and relay to Exchange mail server. I am setting global sending size as 4 mb and receiving size as 8 mb. Rules applied to internal account (coworker-coworker) correctly. There is problem is receiving from external email (Yahoo with10MB file restriction) to internal email; the users can't receive larger than 4 mb files. Ironically, if I change global sending size to 6 MB then I can receive the external email less than 6MB. From all testing, I verify the external receiveing is based on global sending ...

My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets not working (MSPS 2007)
When I go to Tmesheet Approvals and select "My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets" and click Apply I never see any timesheets. I only see timesheeets once they are submitted for approval. I configured myself as an administrators to give miall rights and still can not see any unsubmitted timesheets. Any help? Bug? Gary You must be set as a user's Timesheet Manager in order to see their Unsubmitted Timesheets. So, for example, if your organization is not using Fixed Approval Routing and you are a secondary approver, you will not see anything in My Resources ...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the Outlook.pst file residing in the Offline Files folder. Any ideas? DakkonA <Nicholas.Bauer@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my > Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some > reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the > Outlook.pst file residing in the Offli...