Exchange 2003 with KVS Enterprise Vault 6 SP2

Hello

This is my first posting on this site - I find it an invaluable source
of information, I am responsible for the Exchange enviornment in our
Organisiation which is local goverment.

We have two Exchange 2003 servers with the mailstores spread evenly
over the two servers, we have one front end server hosting OWA 2003
and one server hosting KVS EV6 SP2, we have about 1800 live users at
any one time.

The hardware seems to cope no probles with the loading, the problem we
are having is that the vault is growing at an alarming rate, approx
1GB per night, we have no reprting tools to see what is happening in
KVS other than the simple SQL scripts given to us by Symantec.

We have had this running for around 12-15 months now and our vault
partition is already approaching 1TB in size.

Does anyone know of any reporting tools available for KVS and Exhange
combined - bearing in mind that we will soon be looking at upgrading
to Exchange
2007 if it is thought beneficial.

We currently are saving all emails with a retention period of forever
- so the vault is bound to grow - we are trying to get all departments
to agree to a deletion policy but being local goverment - things
happen very slowly.

We have got around our backup problems by splitting the vault up
active partitions, (we use Netbackup)

Any help would be appreaciated - have many users experienced the same
effects.

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Viewing project assignment post-SP2 update
After installing SP2, I no longer see the color-coded dots on calendar views indicating project assignment for events. The text of the event is still indented, as though the dot is invisibly there occupying space, and the project assignment still exists when the event is opened, but simply can't be seen from the calendar. Anyone else with this issue? Suggestions for a fix? I sort of liked/relied upon viewing project assignments in this way. Thx. Brian I had exactly the same problem, Brian Any news on a fix? Mike Brian D. Riedel wrote: > After installing SP2, I no longer see t...

Exchange

outlook express 6 (no pics in outgoing mail)
I have outlook express 6. I used to have no problem sending pictures in email. Recently, they simply won't go. I have checked all the settings, at least the ones I know of, to no avail. I've gone to the HTML setting and set it to "send pictures". I still, however, get only a box with the picture name on all outgoing mail. Incoming has all pictures as they should be and I can send .jpg's as attachments. Nothing included in the body of the mail works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! "bill a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

VC 6.0 Class Wizard misbehaving. Help?
Hello - Platform: Windows 98 Second Edition, Visual C++ 6.0. The machine has 15 GB of disk available and 512M of RAM. I'm working on a project and decide one more CEdit is needed on the dialog. So a standard edit dialog is placed and the identifier changed to IDC_TIME_DELAY. Then Class Wizard is brought up to assign a variable. While IDC_TIME_DELAY shows up in the Message Maps list, it does not show up in the Member Variables list. Not at all. I've tried deleting the ..NCB file and restarting VC.. and that does not help. A little research through the MSDN and there is a h...

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2