Exchange 2003 SP2, AD 2003 SP2

With exchange 2003 how do I configure a user who is a company manager to have
rights to one of his subbodinates' email account so he (the manager) can send
out an email as if they (the manager) were that person (the subordinate)
sending it.  Sending on behalf of is not enough for the manager, he want to
send being the subordinate.  Any ideas?

First turn on Advanced Features under the View menu in Active Directory
Users and Computers. Then go into the properties of the user the manager
wants to send as. Click the Security tab, add the manager, and give the
manager Send As permissions. You'll also need to remove any Send on Behalf
of permissions that were setup.

-Peter

"Andy3691" <Andy3691@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With exchange 2003 how do I configure a user who is a company manager to
> have
> rights to one of his subbodinates' email account so he (the manager) can
> send
> out an email as if they (the manager) were that person (the subordinate)
> sending it.  Sending on behalf of is not enough for the manager, he want
> send being the subordinate.  Any ideas?

0
Peter

why are the shadow colors grayed out in excel 2003
I added a shadow to a block of cells. I tried to change the color of the shadow as the help instructed. The colors are grayed out. Was the shape still selected, when you tried to select a Shadow colour? JRose wrote: > I added a shadow to a block of cells. I tried to change the color of the > shadow as the help instructed. The colors are grayed out. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Exchange and GMail
Hello, I am trying to use the pop 3 connector in SBS 2003 to connect to POP in GMail. I am sure it is set correctly but it cannot download emails from there. If I forward emails from GMail to my ISP mailbox, and then use the Pop3 connector to download emails from there it works. There are instructions in GMail for Outlook and Outlook Express but not Exchange, is Exchange not compatible with it? I assume you configured port 995 but then there is the problem it has to connect via SSL Didn't know this as just checked gmail help. Gmail blocked on our sites as is all other webmail / home...

HELP: Visual Studio.NET 2003 building woes .... :S #2
My application was developed under Visual C++ 6.0, ATL, MFC & PlatformSDK Feb2003 (the last VC6 compatible version). I am wondering if PlatformSDK Feb2003 is compatible with Visual Studio.NET 2003? I am having major problems trying to port/build my application under Visual Studio.NET 2003 using the unmanaged/native C++ compiler. I was told that Visual Studio.NET 2003 had native C++ compiler support. I am aware about the new C++ 1999 changes (eg. #include <iostream>, using namespace std; etc). However my errors seem to be related to the PlatformSDK Feb2003. eg: error C2039: &...

MFC: adding a control into a dialog window
void ChelloDlg::OnBnClickedEnable() { CWnd *parentWnd = GetDlgItem(IDD_HELLO_DIALOG); CStatic * newlabel = new CStatic(); newlabel->Create(_T("Hello World"), WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, CRect(10, 10, 100, 100), parentWnd); } I am using a button ID_ENABLE to trigger the adding of label into IDD_HELLO_DIALOG. The program would crash ("Debug Assertion Failed") when I hit the button. What am I missing? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1...

Cached Mode for "Other Mailboxes" + Exchange
I use Outlook with Cached mode connected to Exchange. I also open other mailboxes (administrator / sales / info). I'd like to have access to these boxes while offline. Is there a way to configure outlook to cache other mailboxes? Thanks. Only if you use a local profile for each mailbox rather than opening = htem from your single profile. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Hasan Sheriff asked: | I use Outlook with Cached mode connected to Exchange. | I also open other mailboxes (administrator ...

Outlook 2003 Newsgroups and Business Manager
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras Hi - I have the identical application - and the identical problem. I used the following work-arou...

Exchange 2007 as Front-End and 2000/2003 as Back-End
Will there be any problem in our plan of upgrading our FE mail server? ******** current ******** Windows 2000 domain FE mail server: Exchange 2000 BE mail server: Exchange 2000 and 2003 ******** plan ******** Windows 2000 domain (not going to upgrade yet) FE mail server: Upgrade to Exchange 2007 BE mail server: Exchange 2000 and 2003 (Leave them as is) Not sure what you'll gain by "upgrading" the Front-End to Exchange Server 2007 and leaving the Back-End Servers on 2000/2003. Will they co-exist? Yes. However, users w/mailboxes on Ex2000/2003 Back-End server(s) will not se...

Outlook 2003
Any way to have reading pane different sizes for different folders? How do I get rid of the date groupings? ie Date: 3 weeks ago Unfortunately the Reading Pane size is a global setting and not a per folder setting. As for the grouping by date here is how to turn off that option: 1. Open Outlook. 2. Go to View -> Arrange By and uncheck Show in Groups. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >From: Clydesdale <> >Newsgroups: ...

Deleted items size shown on the exchange system manager
Hi all, Due to one store size increase dramatically, I can not figure out why and I add the column deleted items(KB) to the ESM, it shows one user uses over 7GB space on the deleted items. But, When I check the person's outlook and show the folder sise, it only shows 700KB and check the deletem items. I do have mailbox manager tuned on to delete the deleted items everyday at 3:00AM and keep deleted items for 7 days. It happened on some users. some users show over 600 MB deleted items in the ESM. Can anyone point me to the right direction and can not figure out why? We have exc...

Out of Office on Exchange Server
I have the Out of Office reply running on the workstations attached to EXServer2K within SBS2k. Went into Global Settings and made surte it was checked to allow OoO replies ti internet mail (an original problem I had) and it seemed to work on the check out. Now, what I am noticing, is that once this people leave and turn off their system, the OoO is not going out, but if I turn on their systems and then try it, it runs perfectly. I know there has to be a way for this to work without them leaving their systems on for two weeks....can someone point me in the right direction. OOO does not requ...

2003 OWA
Hi there,We have been noticing that the images which make up the mailbox user interface are not being displayed to users over the weekend period like an access restriction is in place.This renders the interface useless and I cannot find a setting anywhere that could be causing this.Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance. Colin I don't know of any way to make this kind of setting in Exchange or IIS, so I have to believe that you have a firewall between the client and server that's causing this problem. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and...

Turn off font Auto Scale globally in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to tell Excel globally to uncheck the Auto scale checkbox on the font tab for all chart elements? Or at least turn it off for all elements on the current chart? The default seems to be to have auto scale on and the only thing I can figure out to deal with it is to turn off each chart element's auto scale, one at a time. For my situation this is truly an obnoxious default setting. Try first unchecking font auto scale with the "Chart Area" selected (the outside of the chart). You could set your chart preferences as the default chart type, see Chart types, C...

Quick Exchange question RE: Inter-server messaging
Am I correct in my thinking that when two exchange servers transfer messages to eachother - i.e. mail comes in on server1 for a mailbox that is stored on server2 - they use SMTP to transfer the messages? If i'm wrong what protocol do they use to do this communication. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Don't annoy the BOFH... Read all about it here: http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard.html It uses RPC "George Beech" wrote: > Am I correct in my thinking that when two exchange servers transfer messages to eachother - i.e. mail comes in...

Exchange 2003 Connectivity Problems with latest hotfixes
LATEST HOTFIXES..... KB890859 KB890923 KB893086 KB893066 KB842773 Causes intermittent connection problems to webmail and client connections to exchange. Be careful with these hotfixes as they are now available on Windows Update. I applied them this weekend and had about 60 percent of my client connections fail to the exchange server. Webmail also broke. I uninstalled the hotifixes and rebooted my cluster nodes. Once I completed the reboots everything returned to normal. Jeff Lucal Senior Engineer ...

visio 2003 organisation chart
I want to change the way assitant connects to the master in visio 2003, i would like it to display to the right not offset below right ...

Two domains on exchange to rout differently
I have Exchange 5.5 with sp4. I have 2 domain since I am hosting 2 companies. One of the companies ordered a separate spam filter server. They wanted all their outgoing mail to go through their spam server. Is there a way I can have one domain rout one way and another another way? If yes, how? Thanks IMC props\Connections tab\Message Delivery area\Specify by E-mail domain. What is the point of scanning outboud mail for spam? Dooma wrote: > I have Exchange 5.5 with sp4. I have 2 domain since I am hosting 2 > companies. One of the companies ordered a separate spam filter server. The...

adding multiple error bars to bar chart
i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in the series has a different standard error which has to be added. any ideas how i can do this?? each time i try and change the error bar they all change in the series! Help me please! Hi, On the Error bar dialog is the option to use a range as the values. This can be used for both positive and negative values. See Jon Peltier's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Cheers Andy belinda001 wrote: > i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in > ...

Again: Slow loading of a Visio 2003 drawing
Hi, I am having trouble with loading drawings in Visio 2003 on my laptop (Win XP). They mostly take up two to five minutes to load for a <1Mb drawing. I can have the drawing load quicker if I temporally shut down the McAfee scanner, or if I do NOT use Windows offline folders. Especially the mappings to the stencils, included in this drawing that are also on offline folders seem to take a lot of time. The problem is that I DO need the virus scanner, and I DO need offline folders, to make sure my files are constantly in sync with my colleagues that also use Visio 2003 on a laptop in the sam...

Norton/ Symantec AV for Exchange
I have been looking through the Norton & Symantec site, trying to figure out what version they are on for AV for Exchange, and what supports 2003, if anything... Can't find the information... Anyone know what version they are on now? How many versions since 2.5 for Exchange? Will 2.5 work on Exchange 2003? It would be appreciated if you could copy me via e-mail for any replies with info. Thanks, Troy troy at mcse911 dot com Troy, According to Microsoft and my own experience the only AV Symantec software that works with Exchange is Symantec Mail Security for Exchange. This is e...

Wireless network and Outlook 2003
I recently purchased Microsoft's wireless base station (model MN-700). This base station uses the 802.11g wireless protocol. While the base station works fairly well, there is a huge delay in processing the status of my hotmail box when I open Outlook 2003. Are there any Outlook and/or network settings that I could tweak to make this perform as well as when I am directly connected to my DSL modem? Please respond to the newsgroup if you have any advice. Thanks in advance for any information. ...

Configuring Outlook Client for a Windows 2003 Email Server
It seemed fairly simple, but I cant login succesfully from my first two created mailboxes..... Im using an active directory integrated role, and I am testing it with some already existing account by only creating the mailboxes. Am I doing something wrong??? when I try to log in, it fails, tells me my username password or email are wrong, but they arent.... Is there permissions im missing?? or something else any help would be greatly appreciated..... ...

Native Mode 2K Domain vs. Exchange 5.5 NT4 Domain
Hi. We're going to finally cutover to Exchange 2000, and one of the things I need to do is switch the mode to native on the domain side, before doing the upgrade. Since our other office is an NT4 domain (they will eventually get to 2K when they switch) if I switch our domain to native mode, will that cause any replication issues between a 2K AD native domain and an NT4 domain, despite the fact that BOTH exchange servers will still run 5.5 (and will for a while). Thanks steve slong@susser.com As long as there are no NT4 domain controllers left in the domain that you are switch...

Outlook 2003 #122
When I open Microsoft Outlook 2003 when offline, I get the message "Unable to open e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened". How can I get Outlook to open? Have you set up offline folders "Ted T" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1436201c3f8c4$fc1774e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Microsoft Outlook 2003 when offline, I get > the message "Unable to open e-mail folders. The > information store could not be opened". How can I get > Outlook to open? ...

Cannot see pictures in Publisher 2003
I have Microsoft Publisher 2003. I can create publications with pictures, text and backgrounds fine. I can save them fine. When I open a publication back up, I can't see any of the pictures or background. All of the graphics are transparent. If I click in their area a box will form where they are. If I print the document all of the graphics print fine. I have found no updated and have run repair off of the original program CD to no avail. BAB wrote: >I have Microsoft Publisher 2003. I can create publications > with pictures, text and backgrounds fine. I can save them > fine....