Exchange 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain

Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server in a
Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in
Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come out
with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to it
http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-daylight.html.
Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers?
Thanks.

On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:
> Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server in a
> Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in
> Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come out
> with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to ithttp://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-dayl....
> Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers?
> Thanks.

Personally, I just followed Microsoft's instructions on fixing the
timezones manually.  Takes 20 seconds to do.  BUT, all of our domain
controllers are in one time zone.

Thanks for the quick reply. Our environment is very simple. We have a single
domain in a single forest. We only have 3 Windows 2000 domain controllers so
doing it manually would be no problem. Is this the article you used to do it
manually http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387/en-us? Which exact method
did you follow to do it manually. Thanks again for the help.

"Aaron" <Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu> wrote in message
> On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
>> Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server
>> in a
>> Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in
>> Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come
>> out
>> with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to
>> ithttp://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-dayl....
>> Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers?
>> Thanks.
>

> Personally, I just followed Microsoft's instructions on fixing the
> timezones manually.  Takes 20 seconds to do.  BUT, all of our domain
> controllers are in one time zone.

I ran the TZEDIT.EXE utility on the Windows 2000 Domain Controller and
changed DST for Eastern Standard Time. Is it really that simple?

"Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the quick reply. Our environment is very simple. We have a
> single domain in a single forest. We only have 3 Windows 2000 domain
> controllers so doing it manually would be no problem. Is this the article
> you used to do it manually http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387/en-us?
> Which exact method did you follow to do it manually. Thanks again for the
> help.
>
> "Aaron" <Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu> wrote in message
>> On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server
>>> in a
>>> Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in
>>> Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come
>>> out
>>> with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to
>>> ithttp://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-dayl....
>>> Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers?
>>> Thanks.
>>

>> Personally, I just followed Microsoft's instructions on fixing the
>> timezones manually.  Takes 20 seconds to do.  BUT, all of our domain
>> controllers are in one time zone.

Reminder window doesn't pop up
When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a window in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or keyboard at the time. Is there a setting for this? How do I make it pop up as it used to on my older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur when my back is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk? WinXPPro and Outlook 2003. Thanks, Mich What add-ins do you have running in Outlook? IIRC, one of them, Plaxo I think, causes reminder windows to pop up behind the ac...

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Exchange Cluster

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Jeff Prosise Programming Windows with MFC
Hello. Does anyone have the CD for Programming windows with MFC by jeff prosise? I bought used book and it didn't come with the CD. Any kind people out there who can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I can send u a blank cd and some cash to send back or paypal or anything. thanks!! ...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Open Subform in a New Window using a command button
I have a form with a subform which does exactly what I need. However, I want to someway change the subform to a command button so when you click the command button, it will open the subform using the same filter. My form is frmPatent and the subform is sfRelated. The Link Child Field is RelatedMtr and the Link Master Fields is Matter. Can anyone assist me. Thanks! LDMueller Place a button on the form and try this in VBA: docmd.openform "subformname", acnormal,,"RelatedMtr= '" & me.matter & "'" replace the subformname with your own subfo...

Exchange 2003 #5

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

SQL Server 2008
Hi: I realize that these newsgroups are mostly for technical discussions. So, if it's more appropriate to point me to another site for answers to the questions that I'm about to ask, then please do so. I just learned that there is going to be a SQL Server 2008. I am a certified DBA (MCITP) for SQL Server 2005. Will there be an exam upgrade path from 2005 to 2008? Does anyone out there have any certification information for 2008, even though 2008 is not out yet? Will the SQL Server 2005 MCITP certification expire anytime soon? More importantly, will there be compatibility ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers