Exchange 2003 sending 3 copies of email

strange one,

exchange 2003 sp1 - windows 2000 box.

This happens with just one user and not all the time. She will send out one
email and the receiver will get 3 copies. (internal and external receivers)

checking the logs, exchange reports that the sender did send out three
emails (different msg ID's). time stamps are the same

pop access is turned on for this user so she can get email via her treo, but
the msg are not sent out using this.

thanks

Lee

It is for sure user related. Try out the following things
configure hermailbox on another computer and see
or Use OWA to send email from her account, if it works fine then
there might more than one instance of outlook.exe is running on her computer.

--
Asif Ali Ansari
Exchange Administrator

"Lee J" wrote:

> strange one,
>
> exchange 2003 sp1 - windows 2000 box.
>
> This happens with just one user and not all the time. She will send out one
> email and the receiver will get 3 copies. (internal and external receivers)
>
> checking the logs, exchange reports that the sender did send out three
> emails (different msg ID's). time stamps are the same
>
> pop access is turned on for this user so she can get email via her treo, but
> the msg are not sent out using this.
>
> thanks
>
> Lee

0
asif_23 (30)

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

A "Send To" option is missing from right click menu
Hi: I have win xp pro sp3 here. I have always been able to open a folder with Win Explorer, and right click a file name and then, under "Send To", I would see a choice called "Mail Recipient" which would allow sending that file with my default email program which is Thunderbird. Suddenly, after some years, this choice of "Mail Recipient" no longer is available. Bummer. What to do? Sardine On 12/6/2009 3:42 PM On a whim, Sardine pounded out on the keyboard > Hi: > I have win xp pro sp3 here. > I have always been able to open a fol...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

Exchange / POP3

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

virus attacks against Exchange

In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash.
In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want to use a horizontal line. You can do this with an EQ \f field. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "adcodingmaster" <adcodingmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9269E403-DE1E-4BCF-A523-89041E2D9CDB@microsoft.com... > In ms word how to put symbols like 2/3? i dont want to use slash. i want > to > use a horizontal line. > ...

Copy data in table to column in worksheet
I would like to know if a macro, or a formula, can accomplish the following. ON worksheet 1, I have data in table format. Within the range of data (every other column), for each cell that has a value, I would like that value copied to the first blank row, within column A, of worksheet 2. Column B of WS2 would then be populated with the row label for that piece of data; Column C of WS 2 would be populated with the column label for that piece of data. The data can be copied from WS1 in any order (top to bottom first, left to right first), but it should only search for data in e...

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Repeating send process
Hello I'm using outlook 2002 with sp2.My problem is that when I want to send new mail by pressing on send/receive button , in details window(send/receive progress window) it shows me several sending processes repeatedly . For example "`My ISP account name` sending `My ISP account name` sending `My ISP account name` sending ..." ...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Headings change when sent to email recipeint
I have created a spreadsheet that uses vertical names in the colum headings. When I send the spreadsheet to an email recipient, th headings revert to a horizontal format and are unreadable because o the narrow width of the columns. How can I prevent this from happening -- johnf4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnf45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1644 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27806 John, Your recipient would have to have the same settings as you. To overcome ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000