Exchange 2003 "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error

Hi,

Some of my user's are getting "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error
msg on outlook, Pls let me know how to correct this problem ????

Thanks
Shaminda

0
shic (1)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:30:36 +0600, "Shaminda Illangantilaka"
<shic@sltnet.lk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Some of my user's are getting "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error
>msg on outlook, Pls let me know how to correct this problem ????
>
>Thanks
>Shaminda

Outlook XP? It could be down to any number of reasons, busy GC, busy
Exchange, busy LAN etc.
Outlook 2003 largely took that away by shrinking the box and moving it
out of sight.
0
mark7219 (5666)
6/7/2005 7:13:33 AM
Hi Shaminda

There are a number of reason for this message appearing, here is an article
that explains some of the steps that you can take to troubleshoot this
problem:
http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/archive/2005/05/25/405353.aspx

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited

"Shaminda Illangantilaka" <shic@sltnet.lk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Some of my user's are getting "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error
> msg on outlook, Pls let me know how to correct this problem ????
>
> Thanks
> Shaminda

0
markfu (160)

requesting data from exchange server #2
I have this user that is having severe problems with outlok 2003 in which she clicks on address book and the whole thing freezes and says requesting data from exchange server. outlook is completely frozen. any idea why? other users are not reporting this issue nobody <nobody@nobody.com> wrote: > I have this user that is having severe problems with outlok 2003 in > which she clicks on address book and the whole thing freezes and says > requesting data from exchange server. > outlook is completely frozen. any idea why? other users are not > reporting this issue Call...

Exchange 2003 "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error
Hi, Some of my user's are getting "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error msg on outlook, Pls let me know how to correct this problem ???? Thanks Shaminda On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:30:36 +0600, "Shaminda Illangantilaka" <shic@sltnet.lk> wrote: >Hi, > >Some of my user's are getting "Requesting Data From Exchange Server" error >msg on outlook, Pls let me know how to correct this problem ???? > >Thanks >Shaminda > Outlook XP? It could be down to any number of reasons, busy GC, busy Exchange, busy LAN etc. Outlook 2003...

Requesting Data From Exchange Server ??
OK, I'm having a problem with my 2000 Exchange Server. I run Outlook XP on all of my W2k workstations and I constantly get a message that pops up throughout the day that says "Requesting Data from Exchange Server" and it locks up Outlook until it completes. I run a smtp gateway on IMAIL that filters all spam and Anti-V so the email load is fairly low on the Exchange server (So I think anyways). Is there anything that I can do to prevent this or find out what could be causing it? Thanks. Jim jim@galyen.com Hillbilly_jammz77 wrote: > OK, I'm having a problem wit...

requesting data from exchange server
I am running Office 2000 on an XPpro machine. Some of my users still use Office 97, but those on Office 2000 are not yet on XP OS. None of them have mentioned having this problem: on a daily basis [now, several times a day] my Outlook freezes up "requesting data from exchange server". This is getting terribly annoying. I have posted this Q on the Exchange message board also, in hopes that someone has an idea of what is causing the lag. I clean out the BadMail folder [on the server] often, thinking that maybe our Symantec AV bogs down the server there. ...

Outlook requesting data from Exchange server
This popup has suddenly become a major problem at our small office. There are 8 Windows 2000 Pro clients running Outlook 2002, connecting to an Exchange 2000 server. Just within the past month or so the popup has been happening more frequently. I checked the processes and the store.exe process was taking nearly 70% of the server memory. Added 1 GB of RAM to the server and the popup is still an issue. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it an issue with Outlook, Exchange Server, mailbox size? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks. Gentan <natneg@yahoo.com> wrote:...

Requesting Data from Exchange server.....runs constantly
Within minutes of starting Outlook, it starts to request data from the Exchange server. Other than cancelling the request, which allows me to use Outlook for another 5 minutes before it pops up again, what is it trying to do and why does it never end? I have left it running for hours and there is no data received. Outlook 2002? Make sure Instant Messaging is *not* enabled (Tools/Options/Other). SueM >-----Original Message----- >Within minutes of starting Outlook, it starts to request >data from the Exchange server. Other than cancelling the >request, which allows me to u...

Outlook 2002
I know almost everyone has seen this problem with the "Requesting data from MS Exchange Server" blinking on Outlook 2002. I have this problem and another problem that i've never seen before, so any help would be very appreciative. One of my users are getting this error "Requesting data from MS Exchange Server" but when looking close, it's looking for the wrong server! This person can get their email just fine and everything works in outlook. Just every once in a while this "Requesting..." will pop up with the wrong server name. Any ideas on how to fix this...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

Help with email "Error" Requesting Data from Exchange Server
Please see attached notes... > >> Tom wrote: >>> I migrated Exchange Server 2000 to Exchange Server 2003. Everything >>> went smooth. However, there is a problem with the sending email >>> with Outlook (Users are using Outlook 2002) to multiple >>> individuals, email always fails to multiple individuals . It works >>> great when you need to send an email to a single person. However >>> when you send an email to multiple users, a error message always >>> comes up "Requesting Data From Exchange Server.." this ...