Exchange 2003: Not all distribution list members recieving e-mail

Morning all!

We have 3 distribution lists that we use to send mail to our 3
different regions. I have users in each list that are not reciving the
e-mails sent to the lists. I have verified their email address's, made
sure they were in the right group. I can look at the email (it gets
sent to me as well) and I can see that they are in the list.

Now, if I send them an e-mail from their contact, they get it. Its just
when we send them e-mail on this list.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

0
tomfarr (4)

On 12 Sep 2005 09:59:33 -0700, tomfarr@gmail.com wrote:

>Morning all!
>
>We have 3 distribution lists that we use to send mail to our 3
>different regions. I have users in each list that are not reciving the
>e-mails sent to the lists. I have verified their email address's, made
>sure they were in the right group. I can look at the email (it gets
>sent to me as well) and I can see that they are in the list.
>
>Now, if I send them an e-mail from their contact, they get it. Its just
>when we send them e-mail on this list.
>
>Any ideas?

enable message tracking.

>Thanks,
>
>Tom
0
adavid (8731)
9/12/2005 6:59:45 PM
That is enabled. I can do a search by one of the users that is not
getting the message and it finds the messages that were sent.

If I can see it there, then I can assume it is safe to say it was sent,
and that it is not my problem, it is theirs?

0
tomfarr (4)
9/12/2005 7:53:30 PM
On 12 Sep 2005 12:53:30 -0700, tomfarr@gmail.com wrote:

>That is enabled. I can do a search by one of the users that is not
>getting the message and it finds the messages that were sent.
>
>If I can see it there, then I can assume it is safe to say it was sent,
>and that it is not my problem, it is theirs?

It was sent to an external user?
Then message tracking will show its progress up to the last server in
the Exch org. ( Or actually, the last server in your admin group I
believe)  If its not queued up , then would need to check the SMTP
protocol logs if they are enabled to see view the conversation between
your gateway servers and theirs.

0
adavid (8731)
9/12/2005 8:02:48 PM
Sorry, all of the users on the lists are external users. I created
contacts for all of them and added them to the distro list.

0
tomfarr (4)
9/12/2005 8:28:36 PM
you should maybe temporarily crank up smtp logging, then send a message to
the DL, and check the log files to see what's happening...is it the same
people all the time that do not get the messages?  any NDRs?

<tomfarr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, all of the users on the lists are external users. I created
> contacts for all of them and added them to the distro list.

0
sconkey (3059)
9/12/2005 8:39:32 PM
So far.

What happened was, we had some people that were not getting e-mails
from the big distro list that we had. So, we split it up into 3 smaller
lists (seemed logical at the time, and its easier for administration).

I have some from California, New Mexico, and Florida that have said
they aren't getting it. The first two are on one list, and the other is
on a different list. We send out different  e-mails to them a couple of
times a week. When it has the whole list on the e-mail, they don't get
the information.

But, if I select the ones not getting it, I can send it to them fine.

0
tomfarr (4)

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

outlook express 6 (no pics in outgoing mail)
I have outlook express 6. I used to have no problem sending pictures in email. Recently, they simply won't go. I have checked all the settings, at least the ones I know of, to no avail. I've gone to the HTML setting and set it to "send pictures". I still, however, get only a box with the picture name on all outgoing mail. Incoming has all pictures as they should be and I can send .jpg's as attachments. Nothing included in the body of the mail works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! "bill a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List
I have figured out how to hyperlink (html) to an item in my contact list: outlook:Contacts/~John Doe This works great. Now I would like to be able to issue a command to open a specific contact from the Global Address List. It is possible that the Global Address List has some folder name like GAL so that a command like this: outlook://GAL/~John Doe could be issued. Does anyone know how to refer to the Global Address List by its folder name or to do what I am asking? This can't be done, but you can add the GAL entry to your contact folder and then do what you know. Is that good en...

Exchange / POP3

Lost contact list 01-02-10
Having transferred to WLM from Windows Mail I was pleased to see the contacts already listed in the lower lefthand side as they used to do in Outlook Express. However, on clicking a 'down arrow' the list disappeared. I can of course get the contacts via the icon at the bottom or via the 'GO' button but how do I get the list back as before please? WLMail does not display the contact list in the lower left corner. It is easier to start typing a name or address and select from the list. This has the advantage of including other email addresses besides the defaul...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

remove records from a list
i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and have many duplicate records does anybody know a method of removing only the unique records from the list leaving the duplicates many thanks darren Use Advanced Filter See this webpage for a example http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Darren" <darren_omalley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:174501c372fa$c559c110$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and > have many duplicate re...

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

recover mails from .bak file in ms outlook
Dear All I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a problem with .PST file I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file but many mails are missing. I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file. Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file Thanks Vimal -- vimalrupera If you have a backup copy of your pst and you recover it, then you may well find the problem is also recovered. What format is your pst file? - If your pst is open in Outlook, select properties of the personal folders, Advanced, what is sh...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...