Exchange 2003 IMAP Login fails

Hi

I'm running Exchange Server on Windows 2003 Small Business Server and
have a problem when trying to log on to the IMAP4 server.

I successfully connect to the server via telnet but after login I get
the following Error message:
a001 login mydomain\ss\stefan.strobl mypasswd
a001 BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found".

I can't see the syntax mistake. Please help.

>From what I've read, the general form for fo log in is:
? login <Domain>\<UserAccount>\<ExchangeAlias> <Password>

Now I'm not sure what my Exchange Alias is...?
(My email address is stefan.strobl@mydomain.de)

And I'm not sure about the password either. Is it the same password
that I use when logging onto the Server?

Appreciate any comments. Thanks
Stefan

0
news8002 (11)

Just to add a comments...

the IMAP port directly

"Stefan" <news@stefan-strobl.de> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm running Exchange Server on Windows 2003 Small Business Server and
> have a problem when trying to log on to the IMAP4 server.
>
> I successfully connect to the server via telnet but after login I get
> the following Error message:
> a001 login mydomain\ss\stefan.strobl mypasswd
> a001 BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found".
>
> I can't see the syntax mistake. Please help.
>
>>From what I've read, the general form for fo log in is:
> ? login <Domain>\<UserAccount>\<ExchangeAlias> <Password>
>
> Now I'm not sure what my Exchange Alias is...?
> (My email address is stefan.strobl@mydomain.de)
>
> And I'm not sure about the password either. Is it the same password
> that I use when logging onto the Server?
>
> Appreciate any comments. Thanks
> Stefan

0
scotro (14)
10/14/2005 3:13:52 PM
thx but I still get the same Error "Expected SPACE not found"...

0
news8002 (11)
10/14/2005 3:44:35 PM
"Stefan" <news@stefan-strobl.de> wrote:

>thx but I still get the same Error "Expected SPACE not found"...

Use "/" instead of "\". :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Stefan

0
news8002 (11)

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

access 2003 query report "# error"
Hi all, I'm not sure what else to look at here. I have a rather complex query that I am using to underly a report. All the data in the query is correct when I run the query with the parameters. When I run the report using the same parameters, everything is fine except one column shows up as # Error. Not sure why it runs fine in the query, but the report column shows up as an error. I don't know if this matters, but the query does a lot of grouping and joins a separate "Totals Query" as a column (to get a total of all records) so I can calculate a percentage of the total ...

Excel 2003 & xml-file: change referring path of input file?
Hi, I would like to change the path of input data of an xml-file coded below without editing the xml-file. The best would be that it could be changed somewhere in the Excel window. <udc:DataSource MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="0" xmlns:udc="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc"> <udc:Type Type="XMLFile" MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="0"/> <udc:Name>Binding1</udc:Name> <udc:ConnectionInfo Purpose="Query"> <udcxf:File xmlns:udcxf="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc...

AD at exchange:
Today my exchange server prompt that can't start the AD, what's the problem of that? Please help!! Is your Exchange Server also a Domain Controller? If so, check your disk space on the C: drive. Sounds like you have run out of disk space which will cause this error. Also check your Event Viewer Application log for any additional errors. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Dick Lee" <dick.lee@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Otr3VHsBHHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Today my exchange server prompt that can&#...

Exchange Routing #3
I have Exchange 2k3 sp2 servers in the UK, Malaysia, and the US and India. Everything seemed to be working fine until last week until we received a couple of winmail.dat files here in the US from the UK. After examining the header info of the emails we discovered that email sent from the UK, bounced through either India or Malaysia on it's way here. I have routing group connectors set up to send the mail internally directly from one exchange server to the other. What would cause this to happen? Is this something that can be controlled through exchange? The only thing different bet...

Exchange calendar #4
Hi all Am struggling to solve a straight froward problem. I simply need exchange to notify the users if they book a meeting in the same room at the same time - ie, conflicting appointments?Any ideas how to do this? At the moment getting maoned at as everyone is booking same meeting rooms at the same time - not ideal ! Cheers andyp wrote: > Hi all > Am struggling to solve a straight froward problem. I simply need > exchange to notify the users if they book a meeting in the same room > at the same time - ie, conflicting appointments?Any ideas how to do > this? At the moment g...

Business Portal and Report Services....user has to login twice
We are running Business Portal 3.0, ISA Server, and SQL Report Services 2005. We have a page in the users portal that takes them to Report Services for reports. When they go to this page, it forces them to login a second time. I have made many settings in the Browser and also tested thouroghly various options. I'm not able to elimante the second login. Any ideas? ...

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error #3
I 'v got this message after installing Exchange 2003 server. Everythings seems to be allright under setup, but when I go to the Application logg the message under comes every minute. The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000 I'v checked many internett sites but didn't find any good solution. ...

Junk Filters for IMAP?
One of my accounts is IMAP. Is there a way to use Junk Filters on it? I want to be able to right-click and add sender to the junk filters list. Lady Dungeness Crabby, but Great Legs! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Not 100% sure but I don't think the Junk Filters work on IMAP accounts <LadyDungeness@Fish.Net> wrote in message news:2k70c3pm17hsm54ojr31kk0q2r2enken72@4ax.com... > One of my accounts is IMAP. Is there a way to use Junk Filters on it? > I want to be able to right-click and add sender to the junk filters > list. LadyDungeness@Fish.Net <LadyDungeness@Fish.Net...

Access 97 to 2002/2003 via JRO/OLEDB
I am able to successfully convert an Access97 database to Access2000, but not directly to Access2003. It appears that 2000 and 2003 use the same Jet database version, but when I open an Access2000 database in Access2003, it says that it is an older version and must be converted to Access2003 before I can use it fully. I would like to create an Access2003 directly using JRO and/or ADO without the need and hassle of opening it in Access to do the conversion. Interestingly, I am able to successfully open an Access2003 (created within Access2003 and not programmatically) using ADO Jet provider ...

OWA exchange 2003
Hi all, When i surf into my account on an Exchange 2003 Server, i can see a folder list in the left hand pane. But it is NOT possible to click these folders, and expand views, in contrast to Outlook 2003 (fat client). Is this not possible by default? The shortcuts below, (still in the left pane), are the only means to access e.g. the calendar, common folders etc. But other folders that don't have the shortcuts aren't accessible. Why? /Johan "Johan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bd601c3b4e5$cd36d8a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi ...

How do I get Publisher 2003 to recognize all the queries in Acces.
How do I get Publisher 2003 to recognize all the queries in Access 97? When I try to mail merge, I can only see half the queries and never the one I want. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to make selecting dde as an option like there is in word. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rebs <rebs@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > How do I get Publisher 2003 to recognize all the queries in Access > 97? When I try to mail merge, I can only see half the queries and > never the one I want. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to make ...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

Program to synchronize Outlook 2003
Hi, does anybody know of or has a program which synchronizes all email accounts in the background, i. e. while Outlook is running and sitting as an icon in the systray starting the program will send and receive all emails (no intersection with Windows' GUI), and terminate (without notification) when done? Best regards mumdugau Eckhardt Newger <eln@arcor.de> wrote: > does anybody know of or has a program which synchronizes all email > accounts in the background, i. e. while Outlook is running and > sitting as an icon in the systray starting the program will send and >...

Budget from 2003 to 2006
Hi, I'm switching from 2003 to 2006.(maybe) My old budget had property taxes at $2871.00 my new taxes as we have moved is $1800.00 No matter what I edit into it comes out 2871.00 as budgeted. Also I had 1 adult beverage at 4pm while I'm looking at ms money 2003 stock and so on to come in. If I don't find a way to speed Ms money 2006 up I'll become a Alcoholic. Any help or should I stay with ms money 2003? thanks Jeff ...

Problem with Outlook 2003 #3
I am having difficulty trying to delete an outgoing message in my *Outbox* in Outlook 2003 (running XP Pro). I need to know how to delete the message. I have tried deleting it and a message comes up that says it is already in the process of being sent. Thanks, Zero One Put Outlook into offline mode. To do this go to File-> Work Offline. Now restart Outlook and see if you can delete it. Don't forget to put Outlook back On-line again. If it's still stuck; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Ti...

Help, please,... Outlook 2000
In Outlook 2000 (IMO), something happened, and it told me to run the Inbox Repair Tool. I did, and it failed. At the end of step 4 (of 8 steps), it said "An error has occured which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the scanned file." What to do, now? Help, please. Thanks. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mark246@email.com asked: | ...

outlook starts with operation failed
Hi, When I start Outlook 2000 I get an error message stating that the "Operation Failed". Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this? TIA ...

Outlook 2003 Personla Folder
Hi, I just upgraded from office XP to Office 2003 and i was wondering if the personal folder (.pst) of my outlook will not be limited to 2 gigabytes since i'm running on outlook 2003 now. Thanks for any help or advice. Regards, Yuki You'll need to create a new unicode-format PST file and move/copy your items from the older file. Upgrading OL doesn't upgrade the PST file to the new format. yuki wrote: > Hi, > > I just upgraded from office XP to Office 2003 and i was > wondering if the personal folder (.pst) of my outlook > will not be limited to 2 gigabytes si...

What is the maximun Hard Disk space required for Exchange Server 2
We are actually planning to have 500GB of Hard Disk for Exchage Server 2003. Is there any Disk limitation on how much can we have for Exchage Server 2003. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 06:06:02 -0700, Hasher <Hasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are actually planning to have 500GB of Hard Disk for Exchage Server 2003. >Is there any Disk limitation on how much can we have for Exchage Server 2003. >Any help is much appreciated. Thanks > In Enterprise Ed? Nope. Standard? 75GB with Exch 2003 Sp2. ...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2007
I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 as the editor for Outlook 2003? -- James J. Pirretti <james@nospam.com> wrote: > I have Word 2007 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way to use Word 2007 > as the editor for Outlook 2003? No. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I am trying the Office 2007, but using Outlook 2003 and still have all my Office 2003 components installed such as Word 2003. How do I tell Outlook 2003 NOT to try and use Word 2007? I get an error message saying wrong version of Word for editing emails? "Brian Tillman" wro...

Access to a Lotus Domino 5 server from Outlook 2003 ?
Hi, The "Connector Microsoft Outlook 2002" allows Outlook 2002 to access mailboxes stored on a IBM Lotus Domino 5 server. It runs perfectly. Does anyone know where I could find the same thing but for Outlook 2003 ? Thanks in advance ...

Exchange Address Lists
I am currently running Exchange 2003. Have a global address list which covers users in my domain (@nww.com) I want to create a new list in my Exchange which will contain users from a totally different domain (@tpp.com) so that when users go into Outlook they can select users from that list etc. Any ideas how to do this ? Thanks Ben UK. In news:1156841780.551252.126360@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com, bensporty <bensporty@gmail.com> typed: > I am currently running Exchange 2003. > Have a global address list which covers users in my domain (@nww.com) > I want to create a new l...

adding 2008 server to existing 2003 sbs domain
I’m having an issue with a new member server to an existing domain. the new server is 2008 R2 running terminal services. I was not able to add the server to the existing sbs 2003 domain using the add a server wizard so I added the server to the domain manually. Everything seemed fine for a day or two but now we receive an error either logging on locally or remotely that says The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. If we reboot the server we can once again log on to the domain. we had the same issue some time ag...

SBS2k Login Question
Hi, The partner prep webinars show prompting for domain login each time the CRM web interface is accessed. In the default SBS install the current users credentials are used without prompting. How do force prompting for user / domain login? (for testing with the sample database) Kerry the only time you would be prompted would be if you were not part of the domain where crm is running why do you want to be prompted for a login? "ms" <anon@msmail.com> wrote in message news:%23P411IolDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The partner prep webinars show prompt...