Exchange 2003 External email question

Hi

Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account.

Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector.  Sending email from ONE
account is ok via the SMTP connector.

But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the
same email address.  I thought I would just be able to type the same email
address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get
a message saying the email address is already in use.

The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries.

I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5 people the
ability to send using the same email address ...if this can be done.

Thanks

Malcolm

You can do this by giving these people the permission to send as this
account in AD.

See here for details >
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/01/07/348596.aspx

--
Simon Rae
MCSA: Messaging

0
srae23 (7)
4/6/2007 12:20:48 PM
Hi,

You cannot set this the way you have described. Every SMTPProxyAddress in
the directory must be unique.

I suggest:

1. Let each user have their current default address
2. Set this one email address you want all your users to send as on a Group.
3. Configure 'Send As' permissions for all users that need to send as this
address for the Group.

They will then be able to select this address using the 'From' box when
composing an email.

Also, if this email address is orders@* you could also make all the users
members of this group so they all recieve the email.

If you need more help on this please reply to this thread, there are also
good articles on how to do the above and also the understanding behind it
via www.google.com

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
4/6/2007 12:31:29 PM
Thanks Simon and thanks Oliver.

Yes, that way would seem to work.  I take it there is no way of setting the
default "From" address to be the account which has the email address I should
like to use.

1) If people forget to click "From" and choose the account, the email will
have the wrong "from" address.

2) It will be about 3 or 4 more clicks for people who wish to send mail.
All computers currently have a pop3 account in Outlook 2003, set up to
deliver mail to a pst file , but only one has the username and password for
the incoming pop3 server.  So all the others can SEND mail by clicking
Send/Receive, but all the email only comes in on one computer, which is what
the company wants.

Thanks

Malcolm

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You cannot set this the way you have described. Every SMTPProxyAddress in
> the directory must be unique.
>
> I suggest:
>
> 1. Let each user have their current default address
> 2. Set this one email address you want all your users to send as on a Group.
> 3. Configure 'Send As' permissions for all users that need to send as this
> address for the Group.
>

> They will then be able to select this address using the 'From' box when
> composing an email.
>
> Also, if this email address is orders@* you could also make all the users
> members of this group so they all recieve the email.
>
> If you need more help on this please reply to this thread, there are also
> good articles on how to do the above and also the understanding behind it
> via www.google.com
>
> Oliver

If you are not using MAPI and you are using POP/SMTP you can infact add this
email address in the 'reply to' field for each account.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
4/7/2007 3:50:06 PM
Have a look at these third-party utilities:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/setfrom.shtml
http://www.ivasoft.biz/sendasgroup.shtml

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze

"Malcolm Taylor" <MalcolmTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account.
>
> Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector.  Sending email from ONE
> account is ok via the SMTP connector.
>
> But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the
> same email address.  I thought I would just be able to type the same email
> address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I
> get
> a message saying the email address is already in use.
>
> The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries.
>
> I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5 people the
> ability to send using the same email address ...if this can be done.
>
> Thanks
>
> Malcolm

0
no1498 (362)

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

Macro Question #4
Private Sub N17_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Imperial Form").Range("N17") = " " Then MsgBox "No need to calculate the customer's upcharge (this is done automatically), but you will need to do the necessaey panel additions/deletions yourself" End If End Sub I need to know what to put in between the " " marks. i Want the message box to appear no matter what value (or text) is entered in N17. So, I need to know what the symbol (or whatever) is for "any" value. Thanks. The below code will work Priva...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

Exchange / POP3

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

virus attacks against Exchange

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

Report Writer
Greetings everyone! I have been working on a report writer request for awhile now, but am stuck and am hoping someone here can give me guidance. The report in question involves the following: 1. take a series of open orders 2. take a sum of each order line and print 3. at the end of the report, print all the order numbers. For example, I have the following: ORD123 ITEMA 25 BAGS ITEMB 30 BAGS ORD456 ITEMA 10 BAGS ITEMC 2 BAGS ORD789 ITEMA 2 BAGS ITEMB 3 BAGS The report would then print: ITEMA 37 BAGS ITEMB 33 BAGS ITEMC 2 BAGS The report is built starting with orde...

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Headings change when sent to email recipeint
I have created a spreadsheet that uses vertical names in the colum headings. When I send the spreadsheet to an email recipient, th headings revert to a horizontal format and are unreadable because o the narrow width of the columns. How can I prevent this from happening -- johnf4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnf45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1644 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27806 John, Your recipient would have to have the same settings as you. To overcome ...

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

Problems between two Exchange Servers