Exchange 2003 /Exchweb/Cabs folder

I'm having trouble with OWA in Exchange 2003 Standard (running on Windows
2003 Standard).

When trying to access OWA internally, I get placeholders instead of images
and the word "Loading...".  This seems to be pretty well addressed in
KB280823.  The problem I'm seeing is that when I remove the virtual folder
for Exchweb and recreate it, I do not get a Cabs folder.  The rest of the
folders are there, but not the Cabs.  This folder does not exist in \Program
Files\Exchsrvr\Exchweb, either.

Where does this folder come from?  How can I get it in place?  Is it even
part of the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Connection to Exchange Server #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on a WIN2000 machine with SP4 I cannot connect to the exchange server (2003). I have done 7 machines (all WIN 2000) and they work, the 8th machine keeps giving me "The action could not be completed. The connection to the mIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I have no TCP/IP problems. Can ping the server by IP and Name. Any help would be appreciated. Charles What authentication do you have set for this one machine? Does creating a new mail profile fix it? --� Milly Staples ...

Change Exchange 2003 Server Name
I am researching if it is possible to change the name of our Exchange 2003 server. I've heard this is possible (perhaps incorrectly) with Service Pack 2, but I can find no documentation of this in the release notes. Not changing out servers -- it will be the same server, and no other changes will be be made, just that we want to change the name of it, say, for example, from EXCHANGESERV to EXCH. Is this possible (with service pack 2 or without)? Thanks. No, it is not possible to change the name of the server. At least not if you want Exchange to still function afterwards. Sorry....

owner of public folders
Hello! We have an Ex5.5-SRV -as a public folder SRV- with 2.000 public folders on it! Problem: Who created the folder XYZ? Good question? Let's say the "owner" of the publich folder xyz is the person, who we are looking for. Question: Has Microsoft any tools to search all of them and create a list with the name of the folder and the name of the "owner"? I know about 3rd-party tools, but they are not for free :-) Thanks! Best Regards Soheil pfinfo, pfdavadmin are Microsoft tools. On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:52:05 -0700, Soheil <Soheil@discussions.microsoft.com>...

help with outlook 2003 #2
I can't view the same in box if I am logged in as Admin. versus home user. How can I do that. I have Win XP. Probably because both users have seperate OS-level user profiles. See if the info here helps in getting the two users to share their Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm "Glo" <Glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D38467-7284-40E1-B7C3-B161FE4FAEE3@microsoft.com... >I can't view the same in box if I am logged in as Admin. versus home user. > How can I do that. I have Win XP. ...

HELP: Incoming Internet mails delay by the SMTP Connector at Exchange 2003 frontend
We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, unfreeze didn't help. I can use telnet to port 25 of the backends to send a message instantly without any delay. So why the mails always get delay by the connector? Thanks Anything configured in the delivery options tab of your connector? James Chong andyhwconnet@hotmail.com wrote: > We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice > mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, > unfreeze didn't hel...

how to rest page numbers in 2003
using a sequence of different files, such as chapters in a book, how can I reset page numbers? It used to on the options menu. Now? For example, what amounts to chapter two, begins with page number 49, but should begin with page 9. Can this be done in Publisher 2003? If how, suggests how would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. gp Insert a new section -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "drgeorgep" <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA6099B-ACAA-4FC3-A285-6BADB5E5A1B1@microsoft.com... > using a sequence of different files, such as c...

Daylight Savings and my Outlook 2003 calendar
Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they last for 2 days instead of 1. Thank you in advance, Tony In Outlook, go to Tools/options/Preference/Calendar Options/Time Zone. Make sure that the correct time zone is set up and that day light savings time is checked. >-----Original Message----- >Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All >of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they >la...

Good POP client to download messages to folders as .msgs?
I work for an NASD regulated firm, so we archive 3 years of email. We used to just archive PST files of the mailbox that contained all the outgoing and incoming emails (via journaling). What I want to use now is use some pop3 client that can download messages from Exchange and put them into .msg formats in some folder on my main archiving PC. Much easier to index the stuff. Anyone know of a pop3 client that places files into directories? So each message is its own little text or .msg file? Thanks! Way too convoluted. Go with Enterprise Vault from Symantec to archive and show compl...

Exchange 2003 and NAS Server
I have hear from someone that they are going to move there exchange database files to the NAS running Windows. Is this possible, I thought not but just wanted to check? Aloha Dave, It's possible under some circumstances. See if this helps: http://www.petri.co.il/exchange_on_nas_proved_and_approved.htm -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > I have hear from someone that they are going to move there exchange > database files to the NAS running Windows. Is this possible, I...

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

Excel 2003
Hi all, This morning when I started my Excel 2003 and I tried to work the worksheet I found that when I pressed the left mouse button it would select various cells (as if the SHIFT key was pressed all the time. Tried to turn the Scroll/Num Lock OFF and it didnt work. This is on a portable computer. I have had this problem before but cant remember how I fixed. Help please -- ===== screwie sounds like the F8 key has been pressed. Do you see "Ext" in the status bar, towards the right side oof the screen? If so, press the F8 key again. If that isn't the issue, somebody el...

Outlook 2002 Sent folder crashes outlook
When ever you click on the sent folder to access sent emails, outlook crashes and you have have to restart outlook. All updates have been applied, scanned for viruses with 3 different virus scans. Any help would be welcomed Alan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When ever you click on the sent folder to access sent > emails, outlook crashes and you have have to restart > outlook. All updates have been applied, scanned for > viruses with 3 different virus scans. Any help would be > welcomed 1) Run SCANPST.EXE on your PST. 2) Run Detect and Repair 3) Crea...

Outlook 2003 Shuts down #2
My Outlook 2003 immediately shuts down when launched. If you reboot. Sometimes it will work again just fine. Ideas?? Did it ever work? What happened just before it stopped working? Does a Detect and Repair fix the problem? Will it start in Safe mode (Start->run->outlook.exe /safe) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | My Outlook ...

Exchange 2003 and NDR
Hello A little trouble with NDR configuration. I want to avoid NRD messages to Internet or also to my AD users. I'd like to concentrate all the NDR messages on a postmaster's address. The Exchange 2003 server manages the local domain (AD) and my society's internet domain (@masociete.com) I have cleared the parameter "Allow non-delivery reports " in the Global Settings and add the postmaster address under Under Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/Protocols/SMTP. And after, I have restarted Exchange. But it seems to not work. If i send a mail to a...

Outlook 2003 is screwing up my Calendar
I recently upgraded to Office 2003 with my new computer. I ran the upgrade wizard in XP to transfer my old outlook .pst files over to XP. I rarely use my Calendar except for birthdays and anniversaries for my various Contacts. Anyway, yesterday I noticed that some of the dates were spanning a two day period. Generally, the birthday or anniversary now included the day prior to the actual date. I tried going in thru the contacts and the dates there are fine. I then deleted all the calendar events from the calendar and double checked the contacts. half of the dates in the contact...

Column width in Excel 2003
My Bureau Chief has an Excel 2003 document that he receives from our finacial unit. When he tries to print the document out it shows ###### in different cells throughout the entire document. In the past when he used Excel 2000 he would just double click on the right hand side of the top of the column and it would expand the column one character larger and would print the whole number in each of those cells. In Excel 2003 when he does this, it still shows the #####'s and he has to physically go in and move the column over ever so slightly to get it to print out correctly. When th...

Outlook 2003 is not finding recent messages using the find function
One of our client have problems when searching for a message in his inbox. Recent received mails are not found. Only mails who are already a few hours in his inbox are found . The cashing is enabled. On the exchange server the full text indexing is disabled. His inbox contains +/- 20.000 mails In news:OOGMGUZAGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Paul <pcauwe@hotmail.com> typed: > One of our client have problems when searching for a message in his > inbox. Recent received mails are not found. Only mails who are > already a few hours in his inbox are found . The cashing is enabled....

LDIFDE very slow when run from Exchange server.
Hello, We've setup a test network consisting of a W2K3 DC and an E2K3 server with about 500 mailbox-enabled users. When we run an LDIFDE export on the DC, it completes in a few seconds. On the Exchange server, the same export takes several minutes. Any idea why it would take so long on the Exchange server? There is nothing strange in the event viewer. Bother servers have a similar spec, incl 100mbit n/w cards. Thanks in advance, - Alan. Other than the fact that you are running the export across the network, perhaps your network cards are not correctly auto-negotiating 100Mb/s. I ...

Error Deleting a Public Folder
When I try to delete a particular Public Folder I get the following error message: The operation failed because of an HTTP Error 422 ID: c1030af4 Any ideas how I can get rid of this folder? On 9 Aug 2006 01:36:36 -0700, "compass" <compass@compasscc.com> wrote: >When I try to delete a particular Public Folder I get the following >error message: >The operation failed because of an HTTP Error 422 >ID: c1030af4 > >Any ideas how I can get rid of this folder? Try pfdavadmin: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422...

Outlook 2007 Inbox Folder Missing
User is running Server 2003 and Office 2007. When he launches Outlook 2007 he has no "Inbox" in his "All Mail Items" list, which is under Mailbox - User Name. Using OWA it doesn't show up there either. He can get to it by launching Outlook and going to the "Outlook Today" page and clicking on "Inbox". He can send and receive. Any ideas? <rwright142@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1192554314.689256.121850@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... Hello rwright142, > User is running Server 2003 and Office 2007. When he launches Outlook &g...

crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder
Thanks for you replay about sales for outlook requirements I noticed a problem with SFO crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder It's been saved into deleted email folde , and all of them does not have the sender , anyway they were sent because they arrived to destination. What can be the problem? thanks -- Benito Rosado Milano, Italy Afraid that is "by design". This will change in v3 though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "benny" <benny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA4C564B-80C9-47C8-85E5-0C0948EB6B4E@microsoft.com... Thank...

Outlook 7 does not connect to exchange after Windows 7 upgrade
I recently “upgraded” to Windows 7 and to my dismay have come to find that Outlook can no longer connect to the exchange server. I tried recreating my profile, a complete re install, and turning off all anti-virus and firewalls to no avail. In addition when trying to activate the software after the reinstall I get the following error “a communication error has occurred. Please verify that you have connectivity (0x80072EE2)” I have connectivity because I can get on the web; I also had the same activation problem with Windows 7 if this helps at all. Please help! "Petro008&q...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise versus Exchange 2003 Standard
Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature sets with both products would be of special interst. Thanks On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:31:02 -0800, Zart the Artist <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between >exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature >sets with both products would be of special interst. >Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

Outlook 2003 #185
Hi, The autocomplete when typing a address is not working. I have checked the setting for this, and it is selected in the options tab. When restarting the machine it ometimes works. I have even deleted the address book and recreted it. Can someone help Thanks Jennifer ...

Start outlook without Exchange
Can I start outlook without connecting to my Exchange server? Each time I attempt the "work offline" option I get the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store count not be opened." I am pretty positive my Outlook pst file is not corrupt. A week ago I lost the connection to the server for a few hours and received the same message. As soon as the exchange server was back online everything worked fine. But I cannot start Outlook at all now to look at existing...