Exchange 2003 Event ID 9322

We have an Exchange organization with 110 servers, about 40% of them
are Exchange 2003 SP 2, the rest are Exchange 2000 SP 3. We are in the
process of upgrading them. We have no 5.5 servers and are running in
Native mode (no pre-2000 servers allowed).

Yesterday we rebuilt on of the 2 primary bridgeheads for the entire
organization. After we brought it back online and made it the master in
the rotuing groups, then added it to all of the conenctors both local
and remote, we began getting the following warnings in the event logs:
Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MSExchangeMTA
Event Category:	Interface
Event ID:	9322
Date:		9/21/2006
Time:		10:51:58 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	BEAVERTN-SVR-53
An interface error has occurred. An MtaBindBack over RPC has failed.
Locality Table (LTAB) index: 63, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 9297.
Comms error 0, Bind error 9297, Remote Server Name THORNHIL-SVR-42,
Protocol String ncacn_ip_tcp:THORNHIL-SVR-42[1148] [BASE IL INCOMING
RPC 26 507] (14)

For more information, click

We get them at least 1 every few minutes, sometimes several a minute.
After digging all we could come up with is that there is a 5.5 server
somewhere, which we know is not true. We also checked and these were
not in the event log prior to the upgrade, when the server was still
Exchange 2000. To rebuild we uninstalled Exchange and then formatted
and imaged the server, giving it the same name and IP address.

maladyetz (3)

maladyetz@gmail.com wrote:

					[ snip ]

>Event Type:	Warning
>Event Source:	MSExchangeMTA
>Event Category:	Interface
>Event ID:	9322
>Date:		9/21/2006
>Time:		10:51:58 AM
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	BEAVERTN-SVR-53
>An interface error has occurred. An MtaBindBack over RPC has failed.
>Locality Table (LTAB) index: 63, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 9297.
>Comms error 0, Bind error 9297, Remote Server Name THORNHIL-SVR-42,
>Protocol String ncacn_ip_tcp:THORNHIL-SVR-42[1148] [BASE IL INCOMING
>RPC 26 507] (14)

Does the server have more than one IP address? If it does, make sure
that the "right" one is bound to the NIC first. Does the server
THORNHIL-SVR-42 have multiple IP addresses?

It's important that the binding order on the NICs are correct.

Can the server names be resolved in DNS? BEAVERTN-SVR-53 is trying to
communicate with THORNHIL-SVR-42 using tcp/ip (not NetBEI).

To see if the name resolution thing is the problem, add a HOSTS and
LOCALHOSTS file to both of those servers. you only have to include the
"other" server's address in those files. If the problem goes away,
I've found multiple IP addresses and incorrect binding orders to be
the most common cause. This used to be a real problem in Exchange 5.5
SP4 (or was it SP3?).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

To clean it up we ran remonitor.exe -i as the system account against
the server and it located and removed 8 bad entries (see
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/01/10/417249.aspx for more info
on this tool). Then we restarted the MTA service on all of the servers
that had the error in the event log and have not seen it since.

0
maladyetz (3)

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Excel 2003 colour
I have the following problem with Excel I have seen that a simila question was asked some 18 months ago but am unable to find th solution I am using Office 2003 Pro and my Excel 2003 will not "fill" cells wit any colour nor allow fonts to be shown in color. But the print preview shows the colour and infils correctly. When clicking on the cell to edit it the colour is shown. When opening an imported worksheet the colour is shown until I make an change to the book and all the colour disappears. No colour is displayed on imported worksheets created in earlie versions either. Th...

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...