exchange 2003 email access

Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being
authenticated by the DOMAIN?

I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and
accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name.

Thanks,

Raul Rego
rrego@njpies.org

0
rrego (52)

Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more?  Are you trying
to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B?

"Raul Rego" wrote:

> Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being
> authenticated by the DOMAIN?
>
> I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and
> accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raul Rego
> rrego@njpies.org

YES!!  I have two domains in two different locations.  BUT I want one
exchange because of the calendar.

thanks,
"Teo Gomez" <teoatinventrixdotnet> wrote in message
> Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more?  Are you
> trying
> to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B?
>
> "Raul Rego" wrote:
>
>> Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being
>> authenticated by the DOMAIN?
>>
>> I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange
>> and
>> accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Raul Rego
>> rrego@njpies.org

0
rrego (52)
1/4/2005 5:10:10 PM
On each account in Domain B that you want Domain A to access you will need to
give the account in domian B 'full' and the 'associated external account
right' in the mailbox rights ACL of the domain B account.  You will also need
to disable the account in domain B.

Teo

"Raul Rego" wrote:

> YES!!  I have two domains in two different locations.  BUT I want one
> exchange because of the calendar.
>
> thanks,
> "Teo Gomez" <teoatinventrixdotnet> wrote in message
> > Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more?  Are you
> > trying
> > to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B?
> >
> > "Raul Rego" wrote:
> >
> >> Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being
> >> authenticated by the DOMAIN?
> >>
> >> I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange
> >> and
> >> accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Raul Rego
> >> rrego@njpies.org

If your domains belong to the same AD forest, you don't have to do anything.
Exchange can accomodate any users from the forest it belongs to.

Also, accessing Exchange by IP address and not by a computer name has to do
with DNS resolution but not with domain membership. However, the fact you're
asking perhaps indicates that your DNS is not configured properly, otherwise
why do you want to avoid DNS?

Regards,
Boris

"Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote in message
> YES!!  I have two domains in two different locations.  BUT I want one
> exchange because of the calendar.
>
> thanks,
> "Teo Gomez" <teoatinventrixdotnet> wrote in message
> > Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more?  Are you
> > trying
> > to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B?
> >
> > "Raul Rego" wrote:
> >
> >> Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being
> >> authenticated by the DOMAIN?
> >>
> >> I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one
exchange
> >> and
> >> accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Raul Rego
> >> rrego@njpies.org

0
msexpert1 (171)

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

ADSL - WIFI
NETWORK: Conexant ADSL SOHO Router 4 Port Switch. DHCP=10.0.0.3 to 6, Fixed IP of 10.0.0.2 3Com WiFi 11b & 54g Fixed IP of 10.0.0.1, Currently No DHCP, No WEP, MAC Address selection SET to Users. ESSID not broadcasted. PC(1) Toshiba Satellite Pro - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Fixed PROXY set & WiFi 54g PCMCIA (Home Only) Currently IP=10.0.0.5,DNS=10.0.0.2 PC(2) Toshiba Portege - LAN 10/100 = IP Auto, DNS Auto & Built in 11b WiFi = IP Auto, DNS Auto. Both XP Pro PCs belong to professionals set up on different Domains who only want to get wireless internet access not local network. DI...

Exchange

Configure regional settings and language from access VBA
Hi all i build automation in access that updates the data base one of the problem i bumped is that if the regional setting are on other language beside english it will raise an error indicating on the characters is there an option to stablize the automation to the relevant the language that the windows use ((for example i had problem when the language in the regional language settings was on german ...

New user profile cannot access CRM
Howdy, I had an issue with my windows/domain profile so I wiped it out and created me a new one, on the same machine. Now CRM isn't showing up at all. What's the deal? I can't find it Add/remove programs to reinstall it. The C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM folder is still there with all of the DLLs, and I tried adding crmaddin.dll to Outlook but that just crashed it. How do I get it back, short of manually uninstalling it and from MSDE? Thanks, David Lozzi dlozzi@(remove)delphi-ts.com The problem is, when you wiped out your profile, you most likely also wiped out the CR...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

Exchange / POP3

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

Running SQL SELECT statements in Access runtime
[Access 2003] I have a number of applications deployed to clients that have only Access runtime throughout the organization. In all cases, I have remote access to their systems, since I also provide IT support. All are split FE/BE implementations. Occasionally, a customer will need a quick, one-time query or report, or I need to do a query remotely to identify a data anomaly. Since I cannot run a query directly in Access runtime without embedding it in a form, I have (at least) two choices (leaving out the option, for the moment, of deploying a full copy of Access to the se...

virus attacks against Exchange

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

access denied on my PST just brun to CD-ROM
Dear, My Outlook 2003 can't open the PST from the CD-ROM disc with prompt "Access Denied". I was archive the email to the file (not burning the primary PST). I made a backup to the CD-ROM disc. I wanna make a test with the file burn... I can't read. I was restart the Computer without open Outlook then Burn. However I still got this message. -david you need to copy the pst back to the hard drive and remove the read only flag. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart ...

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Can not access to MS CRM from a distant machine
Hello, I ve tried to access to the CRM from the browser of a distant machine (the domain controller) then windows display the authentication form I log on with the administrator account but it fails and the browser is closed . I should mention that I ve added the CRM Site as a trusted site . What Shall I do to cure this? Is there a security confoguration in the CRM Site?? Hi Ahmed, You should first check in InetMgr (IIS Manager) to see if you have given any port # during the installation by right clicking Microsoft CRM web site and choosing properties. If it is any port other than 8...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software