Exchange 2003 can send, but not receive any messages

Hi there!

We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any help to
solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to the Internet -
but no Internet messages are received.

Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with an
ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it:

Domain is "pleni.com.br",
Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15.

The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server (the
public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's granting relay
to whoever succeeds to authenticate. It also has 2 DNS servers configured to
send messages to (200.204.0.10 and 200.204.0.138), provided by our ISP.

The Small Business SMTP Connector is configured to

- use DNS to route to each address space,
- local bridgehead pointing to SERV01 (default SMTP virtual server),
- nothing is selected on the "Advanced" tab (do not send ETRN/TURN)
- address space is of type SMTP, address "*",
- connector scope entire organization.

Finally, on the basic firewall the Internet Mail Server (SMTP service) is
configured to port 25 incoming and outgoing, using TCP and with private
address 127.0.0.1.

Could anyone give as a clue on why we're not getting outside messages?

Thank you,

Daniel Mendes

Daniel Mendes wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any
> help to solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to
> the Internet - but no Internet messages are received.
>
> Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with
> an ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it:
>
> Domain is "pleni.com.br",
> Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15.
>
> The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server
> (the public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's
> granting relay to whoever succeeds to authenticate. It also has 2 DNS
> servers configured to send messages to (200.204.0.10 and
> 200.204.0.138), provided by our ISP.
>
> The Small Business SMTP Connector is configured to
>
> - use DNS to route to each address space,
> - local bridgehead pointing to SERV01 (default SMTP virtual server),
> - nothing is selected on the "Advanced" tab (do not send ETRN/TURN)
> - address space is of type SMTP, address "*",
> - connector scope entire organization.
>
> Finally, on the basic firewall the Internet Mail Server (SMTP
> service) is configured to port 25 incoming and outgoing, using TCP
> and with private address 127.0.0.1.
>
> Could anyone give as a clue on why we're not getting outside messages?
>
> Thank you,

I imagine it's something to do with the W2003 firewall. I don't use it (and
wouldn't want to - I'd either get ISA or a separate hardware firewall
appliance) so I can't tell you where to look exactly - but as a WAG, change
127.0.0.1 to the actual LAN IP of the Exchange server.

> Daniel Mendes

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

A "Send To" option is missing from right click menu
Hi: I have win xp pro sp3 here. I have always been able to open a folder with Win Explorer, and right click a file name and then, under "Send To", I would see a choice called "Mail Recipient" which would allow sending that file with my default email program which is Thunderbird. Suddenly, after some years, this choice of "Mail Recipient" no longer is available. Bummer. What to do? Sardine On 12/6/2009 3:42 PM On a whim, Sardine pounded out on the keyboard > Hi: > I have win xp pro sp3 here. > I have always been able to open a fol...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exchange / POP3

Can anyone help me to print?
Ok, granted I'm a computer moron, but this is ridiculous! I've created and saved several Microsoft Publisher files and went to create a new one today, and cannot get the darn thing to print! I've gone through every step of the Publisher Troubleshoot process and can't get my newly created flyer to print! I've tried removing the graphic, cleaning out hard drive space, printing another file (just fine). Can't think of anything else to do to get my new file to print, after spending all this time creating it! Of course I have no current software tech support ...

virus attacks against Exchange

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Can not access to MS CRM from a distant machine
Hello, I ve tried to access to the CRM from the browser of a distant machine (the domain controller) then windows display the authentication form I log on with the administrator account but it fails and the browser is closed . I should mention that I ve added the CRM Site as a trusted site . What Shall I do to cure this? Is there a security confoguration in the CRM Site?? Hi Ahmed, You should first check in InetMgr (IIS Manager) to see if you have given any port # during the installation by right clicking Microsoft CRM web site and choosing properties. If it is any port other than 8...

Repeating send process
Hello I'm using outlook 2002 with sp2.My problem is that when I want to send new mail by pressing on send/receive button , in details window(send/receive progress window) it shows me several sending processes repeatedly . For example "`My ISP account name` sending `My ISP account name` sending `My ISP account name` sending ..." ...

Blank message instead of "Do you wish to save changes to your document?"
I'm updating a program that was originally written by someone else. In their original version, when you attempt to close a document window that you made changes in, it gives you the usual dialog box, "Do you wish to save changes to Document, [Yes][No][Cancel]." However, in my new version of the program, the dialog that comes up is blank, although it does have the [Yes][No][Cancel] buttons on it. I'm curious as to what I did to mess this up as I don't recall messing around with document saving anywhere. Where in the code would I look for where it is bringing up the Sav...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...