Exchange 2003: Any way of getting a break down on the size, type, date range, etc of email attachments stored?

We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
following data:

Volume of file attachments in email system

            Date ranges of data

            Percentage of data in each date range

            Document types

            Percentage of data by document types

I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
anyone advise if this is possible?

Thanks,

QH

Hi,

You can find some with perfmon, but not all..

Regards,
--
JF BERENGUER
MCSA messaging, MCSE, MCT

http://actelia.spaces.live.com/

"QH" wrote:

> We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> following data:
>
> Volume of file attachments in email system
>
>             Date ranges of data
>
>             Percentage of data in each date range
>
>             Document types
>
>             Percentage of data by document types
>
> I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH

3rd party tools could give you that data; Quest MessageStats for one.

"QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> following data:
>
> Volume of file attachments in email system
>
>            Date ranges of data
>
>            Percentage of data in each date range
>
>            Document types
>
>            Percentage of data by document types
>
> I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH

0
John
4/26/2007 1:36:54 PM
Thanks guys.

The trial version of Message Stats can be downloaded here:

http://www.quest.com/2_0/registration.aspx?requestdefid=7919

QH

On 26 Apr, 14:36, "John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamenetappdotcom>
wrote:
> 3rd party tools could give you that data; Quest MessageStats for one.
>
> "QH" <quentinhud...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> > following data:
>
> > Volume of file attachments in email system
>
> >            Date ranges of data
>
> >            Percentage of data in each date range
>
> >            Document types
>
> >            Percentage of data by document types
>
> > I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> > anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > QH- Hide quoted text -

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Dates not correct
How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 days in days. 2 years, 11 months, 49 days See this for examples: http://cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Biff <belczyk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177357276.085439.98020@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a > month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 > days in days. > > > 2 years, 11 months, 49 days > ...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Redefining ranges
I use the following code that will not allow an end user to close a spreadsheet until all specified cells are entered. Private Sub WorkBook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If Application.WorkSheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("Sheet1") _ .Range( "Customer" ) <8 Then MsgBox " You must fill in all cells" Cancel = True End If End Sub Now it works okay with one sheet but we have hundreds of sheets with more added daily. How can I restructure the code to redefine the ranges for each sheet ( the sheets being identical ) and that as each new sheet is...

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

Unable to get TextBoxes property of Worksheet Class Error
I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided to ask for help here as well. I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.) I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have anything entered before attempting to grab the...

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

Exchange / POP3

Range query
HI all, Am using the code below to operate a combobox, but would like it to read the information from the top line of the worksheet, currently is reading down Any help with this would be appreciated, Private Sub userform_Activate() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long With Worksheets("Work Data") iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "1").End(xlUp).Row Me.ComboBox1.Clear For i = E To iLastRow Me.ComboBox1.AddItem .Cells(i, "1").Value Next i End With End Sub HYCH Steve I'm not sure I understand, but maybe... Ch...

no data in "To" column, IMAP sent email folder
There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. Does anyone know a fix for this? In message <<056b01c3aa37$c305b440$a101280a@phx.gbl>> "Tim" <tpienaar@bigpond.com> did ramble: >There is no data displayed in the "To" column until the >email has been re-opened and then it appears. We are using >IMAP folders & this applies to the Sent Email folder. >Does anyone know a fix for this? If you set Outlook to down...

virus attacks against Exchange

Timezone and date problems Vista / XP
Hi @ all, users reported 2 issues to me where I'm currently not finding a solution for. 1.) We have created a custom entity "Training. If Vista CRM client creates an object of that type and setting a date field the date is displayed on a XP client with one day difference. If the XP client corrects the date on both clients the date is the same. Can anyone reproduce that behavior? 2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send date displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution...

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

store item quantity
hi can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store in hq database. thanks ItemDynamics -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "BACHA11" <BACHA11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6817D99-2062-43A8-9CC4-65D7EB17360B@microsoft.com... > hi > can any one tell me which table includes the item quantity of each store > in > hq database. > thanks thank you ryan ,i got it "Ryan @ R...

Series range construct problem
Stupid problem really I cannot properly construct a series range object for my non adjacent series columns: MyRows = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Rows ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range( _ "A2:A" & MyRows & " , C2:C" & MyRows, E2:E" & MyRows), PlotBy:=xlColumns The above range object is the problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Bill Bill - Try this approach. Sub DoChart() Dim MyRows As Long MyRows = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Rows ...

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...