Exchange 2003: Any way of getting a break down on the size, type, date range, etc of email attachments stored?

We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
following data:

Volume of file attachments in email system

            Date ranges of data

            Percentage of data in each date range

            Document types

            Percentage of data by document types

I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
anyone advise if this is possible?

Thanks,

QH

Hi,

You can find some with perfmon, but not all..

Regards,
--
JF BERENGUER
MCSA messaging, MCSE, MCT

http://actelia.spaces.live.com/

"QH" wrote:

> We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> following data:
>
> Volume of file attachments in email system
>
>             Date ranges of data
>
>             Percentage of data in each date range
>
>             Document types
>
>             Percentage of data by document types
>
> I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH

3rd party tools could give you that data; Quest MessageStats for one.

"QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> following data:
>
> Volume of file attachments in email system
>
>            Date ranges of data
>
>            Percentage of data in each date range
>
>            Document types
>
>            Percentage of data by document types
>
> I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH

0
John
4/26/2007 1:36:54 PM
Thanks guys.

The trial version of Message Stats can be downloaded here:

http://www.quest.com/2_0/registration.aspx?requestdefid=7919

QH

On 26 Apr, 14:36, "John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamenetappdotcom>
wrote:
> 3rd party tools could give you that data; Quest MessageStats for one.
>
> "QH" <quentinhud...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> > following data:
>
> > Volume of file attachments in email system
>
> >            Date ranges of data
>
> >            Percentage of data in each date range
>
> >            Document types
>
> >            Percentage of data by document types
>
> > I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> > anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > QH- Hide quoted text -

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

Attachments go multiple times
Outlook 2002 SP3 Win XP DSL connection When sending attachments the status pane shows "task 1 of 1" and there is a progress bar. When the progress bar reaches 100%, the status then goes to "task 2 of 2" with the progress bar starting again. This generally repeats itself several times before the message finally moves to the Sent Items folder. In the meantime, the recipient has received several copies of the message. Anyone know what is happening here, and how to stop it? Cheers, ...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

MS Exchange Settins.FAV error
Please help... I can't use outlook. Every time I try to access outlook I get this error "Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "MS Exchange Settings.FAV" is not marked read-only. All changes made during this session will be lost. I have looked every where I can think and I am lost. Try renaming that .FAV file to .OLD while Outlook is closed and see if it's rebuilt when Outlook reopens. .FAV files hold the Outlook Bar shortcuts, and it's possible the file has beco...

Exchange to Exchange
Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from another Exchange in 2 different domains? We just seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange. The main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is that our MX record is still pointing there. While we have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users) the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like for our user to start using the new domain but they would lose they're email access. Can the Exchange to Exchange work or is it even possible? If there's another way, please advise. -Darrien ...

Accessing emails from others inbox
According to new guidlines tha have come down I have to be able to allow the Domain administrators at minnimum to be able to have access to other users inbox. Currently the Administrators have no access due to the default permissions in exchange they are greyed out from having access does any one now how to go about removing the greyed out check for deny? Or is there another way of going about this? We are currently running Exchange 2003 on Sever 2003. -- Jay F On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:19:03 -0800, Jay <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >According to new guidlines tha hav...

how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007?
how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007? Throw it in the garbage or the incinator. Describe exactly what ,how and why in detail -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "waltond" <waltond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CB283A4-35B1-4C1C-8155-2A7B47E82937@microsoft.com... > how do I get rid of microsift office small business 2007? Uninstall it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher]...

lost emails on old hard drive
have recovered old emails from windows mail but they are in .mbx fiules and I cant restore them in winmail or outlook? any help please? Windows Mail? are you sure? http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/mbox "digital eye" <digitaleye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EEF8A9E-04CC-473C-AD9B-5EE184C9D424@microsoft.com... > have recovered old emails from windows mail but they are in .mbx fiules > and I > cant restore them in winmail or outlook? > any help please? mbx files are from OE4 . MBXtract will extract them: www.oehelp.com/M...

Outlook 2003 Signature #3
Hi, Can someone tell me where Outlook stores the signature to use setting? The Tools -> Option -> Mail Format -> Signatures (for both new, and replies) Is it in the registry? I tried naming a signature a funny name, then searching for that name in the registry, but I can't find it! Thanks for any pointers. It's in the registry, as part of the mail profile, but the value is in = Unicode and thus not searchable.=20 Why do you want to know? --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 to new Exchange 5.5 Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C44E2A.1247E0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On my current 5.5 server, I am running Windows 2000 SP2, with Exchange = 5.5 SP4. On the new server, I would like to use Windows 2000 SP4 and = Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously. My question is this: Will the differences = in Windows Service Packs, affect anything with Exchange 5.5 SP4. I am = planning on implementing the New 5.5 server into the same Site and Org, = and using the Move Mailbox feature, to mo...

Money 2003 Unable to Backup to Jump Drive
Money 2003, basic version, on Windows XP. Unable to backup to a Jump Drive. Procedures as outlined by Microsoft for backup to a CDR do not work on this version of Money where Microsoft says to merely type in the path of the CD drive. In my case the path to my jump drive is I: and this cannot be manually input on the tools/options/backup. There are three removable drive options that I can select from on my PC. Money does not recognize the jump drive. Is this a limitation of the basic version of Money? I tried re-initializing Money after installing the Jump Drive and I tried reb...

assign email to a folder
I'm trying to filter my mother in laws emails to a personal folder automatically where I don't have to continuously put them in the folder myself. How do I do that? > I'm trying to filter my mother in laws emails to a personal folder > automatically where I don't have to continuously put them in the > folder myself. How do I do that? What version of Outlook? -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP "haynesfamily" <haynesfamily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EEBD14-7ADF-4D0C-A56C-9E33F745F36B@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to fi...

Exchange 5.5 disasster !
Hi, The Information Store service in Microsoft Exchange Server may not start and the Server Specific Error 4294966746 occurs. Events 1120 and 5000 are recorded in the Event Log with MSExchangeIS as the source. We have also use Tools like - eseutil /mh ...priv.edb - eseutil /p and /r ispriv the Tool recover the Database in consistent state but we can't start IS ? - isinteg -patch ...... - Restore online Backup/offline Backup ever time the get the same error. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 185577 do also not resolve the Problem. PS: With 3rd Party Tool like Ontrack we can open pr...

VS 2005 IDE getting closed Automatically
Hi, I'm facing a very peculiar problem. When i open VS 2005 IDE, immediately within 1 min, entire IDE is getting closed automatically. This is happening when i'm connected to internet. This is not happening if i disconnect from internet. Does anyone, know the exact cause for this problem and also the solution ?? regards, mahesh This newsgroup is for questions about forms in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Visual Studio. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

Reading e mail Outlook 2003
I have three different e mail addresses registered in Outlook 2003. The mail is downloading OK but I cannot figure out how to actually read it - how to switch from one inbox to the other. Any help out there? On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:43:03 -0800, "Breandan" <Breandan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three different e mail addresses registered in Outlook 2003. The mail >is downloading OK but I cannot figure out how to actually read it - how to >switch from one inbox to the other. Any help out there? What type of accounts? -- <<<SgtRich>>>...

'developer reference' help window font size...
hi all... I have excel 2007 and changed my screen resolution to (bigger) to view the help files. unfortunately with the ‘search scope’ set to ‘developer reference’ the font is tiny but with the other ‘search scopes’ the font size is bigger than before. I have changed the ‘font size’ button in the help window to ‘largest’ but the font is still small. all help greatly appreciated and I thank all of you so much for your time and advice in advance. many many thanks. Paul. ...

selecting range with "End + direction"
Hi, I would like to change the option that selects the range with regard to the number of non empty cells in the row or column of the base cell when using "End + arrow". Example I have A1:A100 filled, and b1:b50 filled. If my selected cell is A1, with Shift+Right and then End+shift+down, the selected range is a1:b100, whereas i would like to have a1:b50 selected. If anyone knows how to change this option, it would be very useful for me. Thanks in advance mehdi Can't you just tab to B1 then Shift-End-Down -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing d...

Disable Visio 2003 Pro Custom Toolbar
With Vision 2003 Pro SP1 (and original version), how can I disable the PDF maker toolbar from Acrobat 6 Pro? I rarely use it, it always comes up, and it's always in some weird place that messes up all the other toolbars. I don't see a Startup directory, etc., like the MS Office suite uses. ------=_NextPart_0001_0F769391 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, To resolve the issue, delete "pdfmvisio.vsl", it is an Adobe Acrobat add-on for Visio to display Acrobat toolbar and menu items. Steps: 1. Search for "pdfmvisio.vsl" 2. Rename or m...

MAPI failure with Outlook\Exchange 2003 (MAPI_E_NOT_ME)
Please note the two below Outlook logs. The first indicates proper MAPI operation and the second shows the problem we are having at one specific account. Hoping that someone can offer advice about alleviating failure. Is it possible for Exchange side to be setup to deny MAPI requests? 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: UploadItems: 1 messages to send 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:...

Attachments are grayed out #2
In Outlook Express, any attachments that are sent are not able to be saved. They are greyed out! Is there a setting or feature that needs to be enabled. I looked through the options but nothing caught my eye that would help. I also did notice that the Outlook that is on the computer is a 97 version, not quite sure about the express version, but I will assume they are not too far off. Any suggestions and help is much appreciated! Thank you, iQTony There is an option in Outlook Express that is a check box enabled by default to block unsafe attachments. This blocks all attachments. Onc...

Exchange 5.5 Std over the 16 GB limit on IS
I have an exchange (std) 5.5 sp4 machine the is over the 16 GB limit on the priv.edb. I've done an offline defrag but that failed to reduce the .edb file. I tried an offline defrag using a different temp folder and replacing the edb file but again, no freed up space. Earlier today I had been able to start the IS, get into an outlook client & move e-mails to a local .pst file but now the IS starts & stops right away. (I've also turned off smtp to prevent mail delivery & NAV from accessing the client). When I was able to move files to a .pst file I went into Excah...

Reconnecting to exchange server
I have users that are connected via VPN tunnel, running Outlook 2003 in cached mode, multiple times during the day a window will appear stating that it is reconnecting to the exchange server. The option is set to download headers when a slow connection has been detected. It does not state that it has been detected only that it is trying to reconnect. I am wanting to make sure that the clients are connected and if are disconnected that is shows they are disconnected. Also, how to get rid of the popup window? Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

received attachment
cannot open attachments. promts me to set association in associoation control panel? What is the file extension of the attachment? (i.e. pdf, doc, pps, etc.). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "clowe" <clowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE9505DF-7725-49A4-8FBC-0801B111ABD9@microsoft.com... > > cannot open attachments. promts me to set association in associoation > control > panel? All attachments or just certain types? Can you save that attachment, then open the saved document ou...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 #2
Hello, We are experiencing difficulties with Cached mode in Outlook 2003. When I add a new user to Active Directory the email address assigned to that user does not appear in our global address list. Some users use cache mode and they cannot see the changes until approx the next day. The ones who dont use it see the changes right away. Is there a way to refresh the cache so that the users who are utilizing this feature are up to date ASAP. Any help would be appreciated. You can manually download the offline address book by Tools-> Send/Receive -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

Installation error on SBS 2003 R2 with SQL 2005
I tried to install CRM 3 (the one that I downloaded microsoft web site) and I received an error "The full-text component is not installed on the specified SQL Server" I removed SQL completely and reinstalled, and made sure that the FullText Search for the particular instance is installed and running. Any ideas? Thanks Hi I have very recently installed on R2 with sql 2005 and it worked, as far as I can tell. One of the issues that I have expereinced on sql 2000 is that if you install sql with the standard options it does not included the sql full text indexing capability....