Exchange 2003 #5

How many clients/users will Exchange 2003 support? I have heard that it can support up to 10,000 users. Is this correct?
0
anonymous (74722)

"James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How many clients/users will Exchange 2003 support? I have heard that it can support up to 10,000 users. Is this correct?

How long is a piece of string?

Define the hardware platform. Define your expectations for
perdformance. Define your backup/restore hardware and strategy. Define
your expectations for restore/recovery time.

The number of mailboxes on a server is meanngless without some
context. will they all be connected at the same time? Will they all be
sending and receiving large attachments? How many messages a day do
each of them originate? How many do they reply to? How many
distribution lists are being expanded? How many appointments are being
made, meetings scheduled, tasks created, address book lookups being
done, etc.?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I have Microsoft 2007
I have installed Microsoft Office 2007. Can I now delete Microsoft Office 2003? On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:30:01 -0800, Jers <Jers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no particular reason to get rid of 2003, but if you insist it is better to first uninstall 2003 (not delete, but use Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs) and then install 2007. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have installed Microsoft Office 2007. Can I now delete Microsoft Office >2003? of course you fail to mention the exact versions of office, so who knows whether you are still usin...

scrolling through a document in Publisher 2003
Why can't I scroll within my document with my mouse? I can scroll if the mouse is anywhere in the borders, toolbars, or scrollbars - or if i hold down the shift button, but I can't scroll within the document!! Publisher 2000, word 2003, and my friend's copy of publisher 2003 scrolls within the document - why can't I??? Any guidance would be appreciated :-) Your issue is with your hardware, not Publisher. Do you have this issue with all Publisher files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "vicki" <vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

print filter outlook 2003
If I have a filter selected with the current view, and I try and print it prints off of the items, not the one that are filtered. can some please help. Joe It should only print the fields and items that are visible in the view. Which print style are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote ...

OL 2003 registry or installn problem
Outlook 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o getting error message tried restart in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried restoring form office settings and failed tried repair and no better result what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep the app't, tasks, reminders for the m...

hiding contacts in exchange 2003 from directory search
Hello, Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. I have put all the contacts onto one single OU. Do I filter the GAL? Thanks, Tnt On 23 Aug 2006 11:21:17 -0700, tractng@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the >contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search >directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. > >I have put all the contacts onto one single ...

CRM without Exchange Server ?
Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail clients... You do not need Exchange for CRM. But you do need Exchange for CRM Email "Joe Cactus !!!" <Joe Cactus !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58264387-1E85-42E6-A1AE-8A0D258E7F6D@microsoft.com... > Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? > Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail > clients... > > Joe; There are a few ISV's who make products that...

Backup exchange 2003
Hi, How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? SF NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft Information Store. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? > >SF > > >. > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:32:59 -0800, Patrick Rouse [MVP] wrote: > NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft > Information Store. But remember to backup the Exchange database(s) and system state in two different jobs, otherwise the backup will fail. Also see...

Exchange 5.5 and Spam
We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user id/password on our machine and was sending us thousands of outbound messages that were spam. Now my boss has finally decided to spend some money on an anti-spam solution. I checked google but most of the solutions I found were not for Exchange 5.5. Any suggestions??? Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). They have a free and a paid version, both work with Exchange 5.5 Ghareeb Rahi wrote: > We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user > id/password on our machine and was sending us t...

Exchange Admin Account for Backup Software
I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured out. Any ideas? Daniel On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer" <dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote: >I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating >a user with proper permiss...

Install Sharepoint Support for Office 2003
I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation. The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support. I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard. But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients. Have you tried to ask in the sharepoint newsgroup ? On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the be...

Setting up a small Exchange server for several businesses
Hi there! We are looking into the fact to host a Exchange for a few small businesses. I don't think we need a massive solution like the one Microsoft says in 'Hosting Exchange' documents. I think that we might get like 500 users on the exchange with 5-10 different companies. How should we go further ? What should we think about when setting up this solution. Front/Backend exchange ? How to set up the AD ? How to set up the address lists so the companies don't see each others list and users ? etc. etc. Help me out please with a few tips to go further... /Lasse Swed...

Unable to Install Publisher 2003 with Office 2003
I bought Microsoft Publisher 2003 at the same time but in a separate package with Microsoft Office: Student and Teacher 2003. The installation gets to the point where I enter my key, it works. But shortly afterwards there is an error message saying that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP on my computer and that this is necessary to install Publisher 2003, and it prompts me to designate a drive where it is found. But then the installation repeats that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP and stops. I really hope that it's not impossible for Publisher...

EXCEL 2003/2007
I want to enter data in a cell in sheet1, data entered will accumulated in sheet2 every time I save. Thus, a summary table is created in sheet2. Is this possible in MS Excel? How will I do it? I would appreciate it the answer to this query is also emailed to me at giovannierualo@yahoo.com. Yes, that is possible. But you have to provide more detail about what you want. You say that you will be entering data into ONE cell in sheet1. Will that always be the same cell? If so, what cell? Then you say you want this data to be "accumulated" in sheet2. Exactly how d...

excel 2003 scrollbar disappears
hello, i'm new, so forgive any improprieties, anyway, i have a user using office 2003 (the first at my company) and on one of his spreadsheets, sometimes the horizontal scrollbar disappears. i have since installed office 2003 on a test machine to see if i can reproduce the error, and haven't been able to yet. it seems to happen when he inserts a couple of jpegs into the sreadsheet, but i've tried with a copy of the file that he gave me and no disappearing bar yet. the jpegs are around 200k in size, pictures of a web page, and taller than the screen fits, if that's importa...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...

Adding additional domains in Exchange 2003
OK I found the answer for setting up additional domains but now I need to know if there is a way for my users to send from our exchange server from the additional domain names. For example, my default exchange domain is @abc.com, I added the @xyz.com domain and I can receive mail sent to xyz.com with the exchange server. Now my users want to be able to reply to messages sent to tom@xyz.com and have it appear that the message is sent from that domain. However, they show up as coming from tom@abc.com. Additionallly they may need to send a message that comes from tom@xyz.com. Whew, I...

2003 to 2004
I have MS Money 2003 on an older computer and will be getting a new computer that has MSmoney 2004 on it how do I transfer my 2003 to the other computer? I suspect all you will have to do is copy your Money file to the new machine and instruct 2004 to open the 2003 file. This is how MS has always done it. "Mike" <mike420@swfla.rr.com> wrote in message news:0f6201c3c699$5c62ca60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have MS Money 2003 on an older computer and will be > getting a new computer that has MSmoney 2004 on it how do > I transfer my 2003 to the other computer? ...

Exchange Cluster

Exchange 2003 and relays with UNIX
I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail out to the net because the UNIX machine has an internal/invalid domain name. So far we have been unable to get this to work even though I have gone into the exchange server and told it to mask as the legitmite e-mail server name. Any thoughts or ideas? On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:11:05 -0800, Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SA that is using a Solaris 10 box to sent e-mail VIA Sendmail to an >exchange 2003 server to relay the e-mail ou...

Excel 2003 vsto 2005 vb.net
Hello, I have an add-in that works well and executes the me.startup event perfectly when Excel is started manually. If Excel is started by double clicking an .xls file, the add-in fails to start and becomes disabled. The xls file then loads. I can re-enable the add-in and it executes me.starup fine. I found that when I strip much code back in me.startup the add-in can start sucessfully when double clicking an .xls file to open Excel. There does not appear to be any 'offending code' that causes the problem, it appears to be more along the line of timing. Thank...

Exchange SMTP que locking up/348 errors
Ok. I've seen this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;842801 I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues with my Exchange 2003 Cluster. Problem thought is that I don't believe these messages are being digitally signed. So is there anything else I should be looking at? In the last exciting episode, "Todd S" <toddflbass@{ihatespam}yahoo.com> wrote: >Ok. I've seen this: > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- >us;842801 > >I am having this issue and it is causing me major issues >with...

migrating from Ex5.5 to Ex2003
Hi, ...we are in the process of migrating to Ex2003 . I've read that outlook server and client base rules cannot be migrated.. If so, what are my options ?? In addtion, are there any other issues I need to be aware of perhaps public folder permissions etc.. TIA.. Hi, Thank you for posting here. Per my knowledge, when we migrate mailbox, the client side rules and server side rule can not be moved with mailbox. However, we are able to export the rules in Outlook to a RWZ file for backup and then import and restore it. Back up current rules to a RWZ file -----------------------...

Exchange 2k server stopped accepting email
We are running Exchange 2000 server and a mix of Outlook 2000/2003 clients. At 00:00:04 on Saturday morning our Exchange server stopped accepting incoming email. There are no errors in the exchange logs or the event log. All exchange services are running. We can send and receive mail internally in the building and email sent to outside addresses goes through OK. But anything sent to us is "deferred". No bounce messages are sent. The server has been restarted several times with no changes. Running the mta tool shows no problems. The user mailboxes are all there and accessible. Whe...

"Not a valid office add in" message every time I start Outlook 2003
Everytime I start office 2003, I ALWAYS get two Microsoft Outlook pop up boxes that tell me that C:\documents and settings\...\Microsoft Shared\Geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid office add in, and a similar one that states \ADDins\outlook.dll is not a valid office Add-in. Please, how do I get rid of these. If it is any help, I had to completely tear down my computer, and start from scratch. I then used the "save my settings wizard" restore feature to restore the settings, and now I always get this error, and can't get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated. THAN...

Exchange 2003/Outlook2003 Receive Error
Has any ever seen, and fixed the following error when Outlook 2003 is trying to receive data from Exchange 2003. "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I'm not sure exactly what broke it, but this is on a test rig. Uninstalled deleted directories and reinstall Exchange. Client side, happens to three out or three test workstations. Tried removing and recreating profiles. Just out of things to try. Thanks Larry Warnat Turn off cached mode and see if it goes away. If so it i...