exchange 2000 server help

Hello all,

I am hoping someone out there can help me out.

I am going to use the domain xyz.com as an example.  Our problem is
that our mail is sometimes being rejected from some smtp servers
because of our fully qualified smtp hostname, which is showing up as
hostname-exch.xyz.local. To remove the ".local" part, do I need to go
through the trouble of changing our domain name or is there a simple
change I can make on the server which will change the name from
hostname-exch.xyz.local to hostname-exch.xyz.com.  When we send out
email to an internet address, the users email address shows up fine as
user@xyz.com which is good.

Thanks.
0
adepjunk (3)

Right click the default smtp server, hit properties, select delivery tab,
click the advance button. You'll find the fully qualified domain name of
your server, change it hostname-exch.xyz.com.

cheers...

"Adam De Paolis" <adepjunk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am hoping someone out there can help me out.
>
> I am going to use the domain xyz.com as an example.  Our problem is
> that our mail is sometimes being rejected from some smtp servers
> because of our fully qualified smtp hostname, which is showing up as
> hostname-exch.xyz.local. To remove the ".local" part, do I need to go
> through the trouble of changing our domain name or is there a simple
> change I can make on the server which will change the name from
> hostname-exch.xyz.local to hostname-exch.xyz.com.  When we send out
> email to an internet address, the users email address shows up fine as
> user@xyz.com which is good.
>
> Thanks.

0
vh11 (10)

Help please with simple chart
I used to Excel, but am a newbie with charts. Am using Excel version 5.0a In connection with a Process, I am recording liquid levels in mls at various times during the day. As a spreadsheet sample, column A, day. column b, time. column c quantity in mls. a1 Day b1 Time c1 mls a2 Mon b2 8:00 c2 225 b3 10:30 c3 100 b4 11:45 c4 100 b5 13:30 c5 120 b6 16:30 c6 200 a7 Tues etc etc Using Chart Wizard I have managed to create the bar chart, but I am stumped on how to get it to show the results. On the vertical left hand side I want mls in vertical bars, a...

Exchange Cluster

DPM 2007 SP1 , Server 2008 R2 , Hyper-V
When creating a protection group, I select my hyper-v server but can only see the dpmdb , no guests My DPM is installed on the hyper-V server What am I doing wrong ? Before making the hyper-v server a dpm server, i could see the vm's from my other DPM 2007 SP1 server By default, you can only backup DPMDB from the DPM server. This is by design. Here is the info: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/10/local-data-protection-on-dpm-server.html You can enable the local data protection using the following cmdlet: Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName servername -A...

Fixed Asset problems, please help
On a depreciation report, there are some funny things showing up on the report. Several items had the wrong account set for it, and before depreciation was run, the account was changed to the right account. However, when the post to GL is run for the periods, the postings are wrong. There is a FADEP source transaction to the wrong account, plus there are also two postings to the correct a count, they are FADEP-R sources to the correct account, one positive and one negative that offset each other. In addition to this, the depreciation has started to be split up during the month, For example...

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Exchange / POP3

Can anyone help me to print?
Ok, granted I'm a computer moron, but this is ridiculous! I've created and saved several Microsoft Publisher files and went to create a new one today, and cannot get the darn thing to print! I've gone through every step of the Publisher Troubleshoot process and can't get my newly created flyer to print! I've tried removing the graphic, cleaning out hard drive space, printing another file (just fine). Can't think of anything else to do to get my new file to print, after spending all this time creating it! Of course I have no current software tech support ...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Shift Roster on Excel, pls help
Who can help me to auto generate roster on excel, it is very complicate...pls help... 1) bill date (5, 7, 11, 14, 17, 21, 25 and end of month) need to 6 day 3 night, but if Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday need to 2 day 2 night 2) non bill date only need to 6 day 2 night staff 3) non bill date if Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday need to 2 day and 1 night 4) if on Friday, need to 5 day 3 night 5) on shift staff, each staff need to have 1 double off on roster and one Saturday off, two Sun off another 2 off on weekend, they cannot continuous more then 5 days work and cannot last ...

help with RAND
I have the following formula: =RAND()*(100-50)+50 How can I force it to return a whole number? I'm creating worksheets for kids and I'm getting: 85+31=115 I have the cell attributes set to no decimals but I'm guessing the SUM formula is still grabbing the full random numbers and rounding up or down. While I'm on the subject, are there worksheets already created and available for download somewhere. I'm teaching grandkids math skills. thanks! "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:ufAFM#G1DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have the fo...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

SQL Server 2008
Hi: I realize that these newsgroups are mostly for technical discussions. So, if it's more appropriate to point me to another site for answers to the questions that I'm about to ask, then please do so. I just learned that there is going to be a SQL Server 2008. I am a certified DBA (MCITP) for SQL Server 2005. Will there be an exam upgrade path from 2005 to 2008? Does anyone out there have any certification information for 2008, even though 2008 is not out yet? Will the SQL Server 2005 MCITP certification expire anytime soon? More importantly, will there be compatibility ...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

help with lookup formula (SHEET 1 attatched)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

Automatic Formatting Rules Disappear
My Outlook 2007 Calendar autoformatting color rules keep disappearing. I set the rule in the auto formatting window, the condition, etc and hit ok. The labels change to the correct color label. However, when I click on Mail and then come back to Calendar or close Outlook and then come back to the calendar, the rules are gone. The color is gone from the labels and the rule has disappeared. I can't get them to remain! What am I doing wrong? Sharon;64369 Wrote: > My Outlook 2007 Calendar autoformatting color rules keep disappearing. > I set the rule in the auto formatting window, th...