Exchange 2000 Retention Policy

Hi all,

My retention policy is not functioning 100%. It will delete most messages,
but not all. Some users report many messages retained older than 180 days
old. My recipient policy is set on high priotiy and always running. I can't
for the life of my figure out what is causing this. Just looking for ideas
here.

Note - all of these users accept default retention policy as well, already
check that.

This is Ex2000 Enterprise, running the latest and greatest.

Thanks,
Joshua
MCSE:Messaging/Security
0
Joshua1 (30)

Microsoft Exchange?
Just set up OfficeXP on a computer. Now when outlook is open, I get a dialog that says "Microsoft Exchange" as the only choice. I just click okay and my outlook comes up fine. Why do I get this dialog? I think I had this problem once before and it has to do with the way it was set up. I belive it was set up to use MS Exchange. MS Exchange is not being used. I need to convert it. I had to do this once before and remember it to be easy, but I don't remember what I had to do. Please let me know. Thanks in advance. Close Outlook. Go to control panel, mail and open your p...

Unable to Relay for internal server (Exchange 2003 SP2)
When our mainframe and web-servers attempt to send email to a local address, the following error is generated in the admin mailbox: From: TCPIP$SMTP@WAKEASSOC.COM [mailto:TCPIP$SMTP@WAKEASSOC.COM] Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:20 PM To: Administrator Subject: Returned mail ---- Transcript of session follows ---- 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for TXH@wakeassoc.com ---- Recipients of this delivery ---- TXH@WAKEASSOC.COM (bounced) ---- Unsent message follows ---- Return-Path: system@wakeassoc.com Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:19:49 -0600 (MDT) Message-Id: <06042515194913_3340@wakeassoc.com> ...

Exchange 2003 Event ID 1110
Hi, I have Exch2003 (SP2) running on Windows server 2003 and all is well apart from the fact I have suddenly started getting event logs every hour on the hour 24 times! For example using the entry below, I received 24 alerts all timed at 14:30:37 exactly the same as the one below. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1110 Date: 20/02/06 Time: 14:30:37 User: N/A Computer:DOMAINSERVER Description: Error 0x0 occurred while writing per-user information for administrator@mydomain.co.uk on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder St...

Exchange 2003
I currently have a Recipient Policy that runs every morning that deletes all items over 30 days old in a user's Deleted Items. I am trying to create a second policy, but it doesn't seem to run. I create the policy through the New -> Recipient Policy routine. I select Mailbox Manager Settings, name the policy, select Modify under Filter Rules, check all boxes under these recipients and then I select OK (which is what I did for the original Policy that works). Under Mailbox Manager Settings (Policy), I select Generate Report Only, I check only the Sent Items option and set ...

6.0 or 2005.If I want to write a software for windows 98,2000,XP, what should I choose better?
Read the subject, and help me, thank you. ...

OWA on Exchange 2003 #3
Hi All, I have many users on Linux and I am evaluating Exchnage 2003 on 2003 server. Is it possible for these users to delegate access to there calendars via the OWA "client". They do not have outlook full clients. Unfortunately, users will not be able to delegate rights to any of their folders, including the Calendar, through OWA. This would have to be done through an Outlook client. Also, after these rights are set up, OWA users who need to access UserA's calendar would have to type in http://<server>/exchange/<UserA's mailbox alias>/Calendar/?Cmd=conte...

Exchange 5.5 MTA service problem
My exchange 5.5 server is running on Windows NT 4.0, the MTA service has failed to start reporting "error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred". Please help. "Ogwang Milton" <miltonogwang@hotmail.com> wrote in news:042601c3cd4c $8dfc8110$a501280a@phx.gbl: > My exchange 5.5 server is running on Windows NT 4.0, the > MTA service has failed to start reporting "error 2140: An > internal Windows NT error occurred". Please help. > Any other errors in the event logs? Anything recently changed on the server? Do you have viable backups? R...

Troubleshoot Outlook calendar update/deletion running Exchange 2007 SP1
Our clients are Office 2003 Pro SP3, server is Exchange 2007 SP1. From time to time, we have complains that deleted meetings don't get to the invitee's calendar, or it's showing updated instead of removing from the calendar. How can I investigate this? I'd assume this has to do with Outlook more than on the Exchange server? Some users have Blackberries and we have BES running, much appreciate your help. ...

Automating Recipient Policies (or is there an alternative?)
Hi, Right now our solitary Exchange 2003 server (Internet-facing, btw) accepts mail for about 30 or Internet DNS entries, I configured it using Recipient Policies. It's an ISP operation (but we're not using it for an actual "Hosted Exchange" situation right now), clients with an account for a particular domain name are assigned to a relevant Security Group in Active Directory and there's a matching Recipient Policy in Exchange that explicitly set an email address format for all Users in the group ("%d@theirDomain.tld") But is this the correct way to do ...

Outlook 2000 hangs on exiting
Hello, I have laptop running Win XP Pro SP1 with all latest patches applied. Office 2000 SR-1 SP3 installed on the system, patches were applied too. Outlook runs in corporate configuration (Exchange 2000) The problem is that when user exits Outlook, the application hangs and outlook.exe remains in memory. If i kill process manually, the following error recorded in Win XP application log: vent Type: Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002 Date: 11/19/2003 Time: 7:07:15 PM User: N/A Computer: XYZ Description: Hanging application , version 0.0.0.0, hang mod...

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

Outlook 2000 vs Outlook Express 6
My Verizon account is set up to use Outlook 2000, which works fine when I am using it. However, when I am in Hotmail and go to a "site outside Hotmail" and want to send an email, instead of getting my 2000, it brings up Outlook Express 6 and then gives me error msgs that the STMP and IMAP addresses are not set up correctly. I am trying to delete Outlook Express 6 so that this conflict is eliminated. Can I do that? Is there some violation or error or conflict between Express and Outlook 2000 that is causing this, and how do I fix it? Would appreciate any help. I cannot ...

How do I move all mails from exchange 2000 to a new 2003
Hi, What is the best/easiest way to do this: I have a server environment with some windows 2000 servers and one exchange adv 2000. The exchange server has about 15 mailboxes. Now I want to build up a new server environment with a new domain. All the users will have new accounts on the domain and new mailboxes. But, all the mails from the old system needs to be transfered. What is the best way to do this... and are there any problems? Exmerge? Best regards Martin Is there a particular reason for building a new domain and moving users? If you really need to build a new domain, for a small...

GAL in Exchange 2007
All, I was wondering if anyone had seen this issue before and what causes it. I have Exhchange 2007 installed in a domain with two domain controllers. I imported 450 contacts into a new OU on the DC1. The contacts immediately populated the GAL. I tested this from my Outlook 2003 client and OWA. The 450 contacts existed in an Exchange 2003 org. I also had 20 users that existed in the Exchange 2003 domain in a different forest. I exported the 20 users using csvde and changed the objectclass to contacts instead of users. I also removed 10 or 20 attributes and AD was populated in the Excha...

Remove exchange server frome site
Does anyone have a write up of removing exchange from a site completely? We have 2000 but want to remove it from our site prior to loading 2003. The only items we care about our the users email and plan to back up to PST files. Anyone know the steps to remove the first server from the site without having a second server to move things to. We have a utility for backing up all the email to pst's so that is not an issue. Rick, Here is an article on how to maunally remove Exchange that includes a section on how to remove it from the AD: 260378 XADM: How to Manually Remove an Exchange 20...

RE: Exchange 5.5 and Arcserve 2000 issues
We have Exchange 5.5 (Build 2653.23 Service Pack 4) and we use Arcserve 2000 Version 7.0 (Build 1018). When doing a Brick-level backup I get the following error message in the arcserve log: E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes),EC=EXCH Exchange Agent (418)Application run out of memory. I do not get this message with the same mailbox every time it seems to be random. I did find an article that mentions that there was a new dbaexchg2.dll file that fixes this problem but I can't find it on any site. Plus I want to make sure it works with my versions o...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2k
I am planning the migration of a email server for a large corp. I need to know what to monitor to determine of upgrades are needed. My current specs are : Compaq DL 580 Generation 1 2 700mhz xeon cpus with 2mb cache 1 gb memory I already have a plan for my disk config. the server is running nt4 and exchange 5.5 it has 625 mailboxes 1546 public folders The machine is capable of upgrading to quad piii 900xeon processors and max of 16gb ram. I want to set this machine up as Win2k server (possibly advanced server depending on Ram upgrade) and exchange 2k what kind of increased load can i...

Office 2000 Small Business
When we load Office 2000 Small Business and than open Publisher we get the following error. The instruction at "Ox77fcbcbe" referenced memory at "Oxfffffff8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. What can we do to fix this error. It is usually do to a faulty printer/graphics driver. Does Publisher open okay in safe mode? Disable your printer before opening Publisher, if it opens go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for newer drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mv...

imsext.dll in Exchange 5.5
Hi, We have a need to append a disclaimer to outgoing mail. I've been reading on the functionality of the imsext.dll in this regard, and it appears as if it could cause me some relaying grief if implemented incorrectly. I am wondering if anyone here can comment on it's use, whether it works or not, and what the correct method is to implement it to ensure I don't block the routing of inbound mail or allow relaying on my server? The MSKB article I've look at is this one: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258206&Product=ech I've also looked at t...

leave copy of email msg on exchange server
When using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange server, where do you make the setting to leave a copy of the email on the server for viewing via web access? Don't use a PST file for delivery or use POP to connect to your Exchange mailbox, and your data will always be in your mailbox on the server, and hence visible in OWA. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > When using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange server, where do > you make the setting to leave a copy of the email on the > server for viewing via web access? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions...

Slow Exchange Performance Since DST changes
Since installing 926666 (DST update) and patch 930241 (for information stores that don't mount after installing 926666) on our E2K3 SP2 server our mail processing performance has gone out the window. The "messages pending submission queue" constantly has a larger number of messages - where before this queue would pass messages right through. Handling times per message have incread by at least a factor of 2 or 3 at this point. I've read and understand the purpose of that queue, and I am running Exclaimer! and Antigen for Exchange, but again these packages were installed and...

Rename Exchanger Server also a Domani Controller?
I have an Exchange Server 2003 that is also a WIndows 2003 Domain Controller (setup in a resource domain, all accounts that use mail are in another account-only domain). Recent happenings require that this server be renamed. Other DCs in the same domain that are not Exchange have already been renamed using netdom to add a secondary name, reboot, change the name to the new name, reboot, remove the old name. Can I do the same thing with the Exchange server? Thanks. Changing name of Exchange servers is not supported - it will break the Exchange installation. What you can do: 1. Setup anoth...

One Exchange Server for Two Domain Accounts
I registered two Internet domains (domainA.com and domainB.com) and setup one mail server to serve domainA.com. Is it possible to point both domain MX records to the same mail server ip so that both user@domainA.com and user@domainB.com can be handled by the same mail server? Thank you for any input! Should not be a problem. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:119301c49ae7$d8cc0a30$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I registered two Internet domains (domainA.com and...

BCC in Office 2000
Is there anyway to force BCC to always be an option when sending a new e-mail message? Currently every time I want to send a BCC I have to hit the TO: button and then pick a person to send to and place them in the BCC option. I am using Office 2000 with Exchange 2000. Thanks, Andrew With Outlook as your e-mail editor you can enable it it by View-> BCC field -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Andrew Smith" <webmail@andsmith.com> wrote in mess...

pub 2000. saving pub file as a jpg
I was told that a Publisher file could be saved as a jpg. It's not a option as far as I can tell. Is this for newer versions of Publisher? Yes, it is for later versions. Publisher 2002 is poorly implemented and poor, Publisher 2003 is fine. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Thank you. I'll be switching over asap. >-----Original Message----- >Yes, it is for later versions. > >Publisher 2002 is poorly implemented and poor, Publisher 2003 is fine. > >-- > >"If you don't know where you ar...