Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists - Multiple Owners/Editors

Hello

We are running an Exchange 2000 environment in Exchange Native Mode and Windows Mixed Mode. We just converted from Exchange 5.5

Is there any way to configure multiple people to be owners or editors of the distribution lists? This was possible in 5.5, but we cannot find a means of accomplishing this in 2000

Any help would be appreciated

Thank yo
Jason

"Jason P.S." <jason.pruden-shebaylo@investorsgroup.com> wrote:

>We are running an Exchange 2000 environment in Exchange Native Mode and Windows Mixed Mode. We just converted from Exchange 5.5.
>
>Is there any way to configure multiple people to be owners or editors of the distribution lists? This was possible in 5.5, but we cannot find a means of accomplishing this in 2000.

use the 'security' tab on the group. click the 'advaced' button and
add as many users as you like. you'll need to add the 'read member'
and 'write member' permissions on the 'properties' tab.

remember, it's the ative directory, not the 'exchange' directory. the
rules ar different. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I don't have a "security" tab. Is it possible that the groups were created wrong? Am I missing something here? All of the accounts were transfered from 5.5 to 2000 using ADMT to create the accounts and EXMERGE to tranfer the data

Thoughts
Jaso

     ----- Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote: ----

     "Jason P.S." <jason.pruden-shebaylo@investorsgroup.com> wrote

     >We are running an Exchange 2000 environment in Exchange Native Mode and Windows Mixed Mode. We just converted from Exchange 5.5
     >>Is there any way to configure multiple people to be owners or editors of the distribution lists? This was possible in 5.5, but we cannot find a means of accomplishing this in 2000

     use the 'security' tab on the group. click the 'advaced' button an
     add as many users as you like. you'll need to add the 'read member
     and 'write member' permissions on the 'properties' tab

     remember, it's the ative directory, not the 'exchange' directory. th
     rules ar different. :

     --
     Rich Matheise
     MCSE+I, Exchange MV

0
anonymous (74717)
4/13/2004 1:21:05 PM
"Jason P.S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I don't have a "security" tab.

click on the aduc 'view' menu and select 'advanced feature'. then try
again. :)

>Is it possible that the groups were created wrong?

nope.

>Am I missing something here?

yup. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange Cluster

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

hyperlinking to an item in Global Address List
I have figured out how to hyperlink (html) to an item in my contact list: outlook:Contacts/~John Doe This works great. Now I would like to be able to issue a command to open a specific contact from the Global Address List. It is possible that the Global Address List has some folder name like GAL so that a command like this: outlook://GAL/~John Doe could be issued. Does anyone know how to refer to the Global Address List by its folder name or to do what I am asking? This can't be done, but you can add the GAL entry to your contact folder and then do what you know. Is that good en...

What is "553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthos
What is "553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts" I receive this every time i try to send a message and i don't know where to correct it. Call your ISP. Error 553 is Spam control that was put in place by your ISP -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18B99D95-39E4-4E6E-8E20-8A6D07D5E990@microsoft.com... > What is "553 sorry tha...

E-mail sent to Distribution List is lost
Hello, I need a help with intermittent problem with e-mail sent to distribution lists. The following are my configuration: I am in regional office, my Windows 2003 domain is a child domain (CHILD1.COMPANY.COM), and the Exchange 2003 is a member of administrative group (CHILD1-AG) under the company's Exchange Organization. DC/GC : GC1.CHILD1.COMPANY.COM, GC2.CHILD2.COMPANY.COM Exchange: EX1.CHILD1.COMPANY.COM In my office, we host a couple of servers, W2K3 DC/GC and Exchange 2K3, that belong to a bussiness unit. These servers are part of another child domain (CHILD2.COMPANY.COM...

Outlook Web not displaying email list
I am running xp pro and IE 6.0. When I connect to outlook web, it displays my shortcuts down the left side but it does not display my email list. What would be the causes of this? Thanks. Greg what do you see in the email list? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 &q...

Number Formatting in ComboBox lists
I have a ComboBox list in a UserForm containing the numbers: 0.050 0.100 0.150 1.000 1.500 2.000 When I switch the WinXP Region Language to European (i'm in the US), I have successfully declared the formatting to keep the 3 decimals and replace the decimals with comma's so the list looks like this: 0,050 0,100 0,150 1,000 1,500 2,000 However, when I select a value from the list, it does not store in the Excel Spreadsheet Cell as a number, but as a string of text. So, for example, "2,000" would read "2000" in European Language formatting. Does anybody know of a...

Exchange / POP3

virus attacks against Exchange

Lost contact list 01-02-10
Having transferred to WLM from Windows Mail I was pleased to see the contacts already listed in the lower lefthand side as they used to do in Outlook Express. However, on clicking a 'down arrow' the list disappeared. I can of course get the contacts via the icon at the bottom or via the 'GO' button but how do I get the list back as before please? WLMail does not display the contact list in the lower left corner. It is easier to start typing a name or address and select from the list. This has the advantage of including other email addresses besides the defaul...

Global Address List #44
hi guys im facing great problems deploying global address list in owa 2003 i want to enable global address list in exchange 2003 OWA 2003 how any ideas by default i know if user enters a user name then it will findout by search by i want to display whole global address list in OWA 2003 i have more then 150 users some one knows how to enable this feature i have goolged but no success any update available to show these things in owa 2003 thanks Syed Ali For Exchange 2003 you'll need a 3rd party product like http://messageware.com/product_pluspack.htm I think if you put just a sin...

remove records from a list
i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and have many duplicate records does anybody know a method of removing only the unique records from the list leaving the duplicates many thanks darren Use Advanced Filter See this webpage for a example http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Darren" <darren_omalley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:174501c372fa$c559c110$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i have a large list of records(10000+)in excel 2000 and > have many duplicate re...

Exchange 2003 #5

Microsoft Exchange #3

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000