Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists - Multiple Owners/Editors

Hello

We are running an Exchange 2000 environment in Exchange Native Mode and Windows Mixed Mode. We just converted from Exchange 5.5

Is there any way to configure multiple people to be owners or editors of the distribution lists? This was possible in 5.5, but we cannot find a means of accomplishing this in 2000

Any help would be appreciated

Thank yo
Jason

"Jason P.S." <jason.pruden-shebaylo@investorsgroup.com> wrote:

>We are running an Exchange 2000 environment in Exchange Native Mode and Windows Mixed Mode. We just converted from Exchange 5.5.
>
>Is there any way to configure multiple people to be owners or editors of the distribution lists? This was possible in 5.5, but we cannot find a means of accomplishing this in 2000.

use the 'security' tab on the group. click the 'advaced' button and
add as many users as you like. you'll need to add the 'read member'
and 'write member' permissions on the 'properties' tab.

remember, it's the ative directory, not the 'exchange' directory. the
rules ar different. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I don't have a "security" tab. Is it possible that the groups were created wrong? Am I missing something here? All of the accounts were transfered from 5.5 to 2000 using ADMT to create the accounts and EXMERGE to tranfer the data

Thoughts
Jaso

     ----- Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote: ----

     "Jason P.S." <jason.pruden-shebaylo@investorsgroup.com> wrote

     >We are running an Exchange 2000 environment in Exchange Native Mode and Windows Mixed Mode. We just converted from Exchange 5.5
     >>Is there any way to configure multiple people to be owners or editors of the distribution lists? This was possible in 5.5, but we cannot find a means of accomplishing this in 2000

     use the 'security' tab on the group. click the 'advaced' button an
     add as many users as you like. you'll need to add the 'read member
     and 'write member' permissions on the 'properties' tab

     remember, it's the ative directory, not the 'exchange' directory. th
     rules ar different. :

     --
     Rich Matheise
     MCSE+I, Exchange MV

0
anonymous (74721)
4/13/2004 1:21:05 PM
"Jason P.S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I don't have a "security" tab.

click on the aduc 'view' menu and select 'advanced feature'. then try
again. :)

>Is it possible that the groups were created wrong?

nope.

>Am I missing something here?

yup. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

outlook 2000 error
Yesterday I used my my outlook Today, everytime I try to open it, it gives me an error message and says it has to close. I have rebooted, turned off and on, several times...tried to access outlook through "search and explore" ... same message when I look into the error details it tells me that I need to upgrade Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

MS Exchange Settins.FAV error
Please help... I can't use outlook. Every time I try to access outlook I get this error "Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "MS Exchange Settings.FAV" is not marked read-only. All changes made during this session will be lost. I have looked every where I can think and I am lost. Try renaming that .FAV file to .OLD while Outlook is closed and see if it's rebuilt when Outlook reopens. .FAV files hold the Outlook Bar shortcuts, and it's possible the file has beco...

Exchange to Exchange
Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from another Exchange in 2 different domains? We just seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange. The main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is that our MX record is still pointing there. While we have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users) the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like for our user to start using the new domain but they would lose they're email access. Can the Exchange to Exchange work or is it even possible? If there's another way, please advise. -Darrien ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 to new Exchange 5.5 Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C44E2A.1247E0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On my current 5.5 server, I am running Windows 2000 SP2, with Exchange = 5.5 SP4. On the new server, I would like to use Windows 2000 SP4 and = Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously. My question is this: Will the differences = in Windows Service Packs, affect anything with Exchange 5.5 SP4. I am = planning on implementing the New 5.5 server into the same Site and Org, = and using the Move Mailbox feature, to mo...

mail
Outlook is deleting mail from the server when I download mail on home computer. Work computer (also with Outlook 2000) does not delete from server until I send mail to the deleted folder. Work is XP Pro - Home is XPHome. This is annoying necause if I download mail at home, it will be lost at work. What can I do?? Walt Have you set your home machine the same way? If it's an Internet Mail account check here: Tools menu > Accounts "Walt Sargi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3cdd01c3e3c6$c12e90b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook is dele...

Apply Rule dropdown list order
Hi, I want to know if there is a way to set the order of a dropdown list in CRM. For instance: I have a client who wishes to have manual sales stages. He would like his users to be able to "apply rule - sales process" manually. The issue I am having is that the list of manual sales processes that can be chosen from the list does not have any rhyme or reason as to the order of the list. I have looked at probability values, alphabetical, order of process creation, but nothing seems to be a consistent pattern. I have noticed this in applying workflow rules as well. Is there a...

Exchange 5.5 disasster !
Hi, The Information Store service in Microsoft Exchange Server may not start and the Server Specific Error 4294966746 occurs. Events 1120 and 5000 are recorded in the Event Log with MSExchangeIS as the source. We have also use Tools like - eseutil /mh ...priv.edb - eseutil /p and /r ispriv the Tool recover the Database in consistent state but we can't start IS ? - isinteg -patch ...... - Restore online Backup/offline Backup ever time the get the same error. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 185577 do also not resolve the Problem. PS: With 3rd Party Tool like Ontrack we can open pr...

Exchange 5.5 Std over the 16 GB limit on IS
I have an exchange (std) 5.5 sp4 machine the is over the 16 GB limit on the priv.edb. I've done an offline defrag but that failed to reduce the .edb file. I tried an offline defrag using a different temp folder and replacing the edb file but again, no freed up space. Earlier today I had been able to start the IS, get into an outlook client & move e-mails to a local .pst file but now the IS starts & stops right away. (I've also turned off smtp to prevent mail delivery & NAV from accessing the client). When I was able to move files to a .pst file I went into Excah...

Reconnecting to exchange server
I have users that are connected via VPN tunnel, running Outlook 2003 in cached mode, multiple times during the day a window will appear stating that it is reconnecting to the exchange server. The option is set to download headers when a slow connection has been detected. It does not state that it has been detected only that it is trying to reconnect. I am wanting to make sure that the clients are connected and if are disconnected that is shows they are disconnected. Also, how to get rid of the popup window? Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

MAPI failure with Outlook\Exchange 2003 (MAPI_E_NOT_ME)
Please note the two below Outlook logs. The first indicates proper MAPI operation and the second shows the problem we are having at one specific account. Hoping that someone can offer advice about alleviating failure. Is it possible for Exchange side to be setup to deny MAPI requests? 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: UploadItems: 1 messages to send 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 #2
Hello, We are experiencing difficulties with Cached mode in Outlook 2003. When I add a new user to Active Directory the email address assigned to that user does not appear in our global address list. Some users use cache mode and they cannot see the changes until approx the next day. The ones who dont use it see the changes right away. Is there a way to refresh the cache so that the users who are utilizing this feature are up to date ASAP. Any help would be appreciated. You can manually download the offline address book by Tools-> Send/Receive -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

import external entities to Exchange 5.5
Is there a tool or script to allow me to import external entities into Exchagne 5.5? On an Exchange 2000 system I can use csvde to import contact objects. I am looking for some similar method to import to Exchange 5.5. I want to import a list of 700 names and email addresses that are foreign to the Exchange 5.5 system. I want to be able to hide them all from the GAL initially. I would also like to be able to use these external contacts as forwarders for certain internal users. Thanks, Josh ...

Exchange does not respond
Dear all I'm getting this error on my first Exchange 2003 server about the second Exchange server: EVENT # 8017 EVENT LOG Application EVENT TYPE Error SOURCE MSExchangeDSExp EVENT ID 181 COMPUTERNAME OXMAIL1 TIME 17/05/2005 15:39:57 MESSAGE The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond. NameOfOtherExchangeServer Have not made any changes - this is now happening about every 10 minutes. The server is up and I can telnet to it on 25. Any ideas? ...

No NDR Generated
Greetings! For some reason, when email is sent to an invalid recipient from outside of my network, no NDR is generated. If the email is sent from an internal client, then the NDR is generated. Any ideas? My platform is: Exchange 5.5 SP4 Windows 2000 Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Mike Scott ...

First Exchange Client and Exchange Server 2003
I have a customer that is running Exchange 5.5 on an NT 4.0 box and they have several stores that are running the very first Exchange Client, not outlook but Exchange Client. Does anyone know if this will work with Exchange Server 2003? I know several functions of E2K3 server will not work with the client such as cached mode and some filtering options. What I would like to know if it will work at all. Thanks!! Yes, you can connect to a mailbox using the old Exchange Client. I would advise, however, you/they don't open any of those mailboxes with a higher version Outlook client and...

Outlook accessing POP3 and Exchange
I have a site that needs the collaborative and groupware functions of Exchange but they don't have control of the e-mail domain. Currently, all users of this division have Outlook2003 accessing a POP3 mail server from their ISP and an Exchange server for everything else internally. The Outlook configuration is set to use the ISP by default for all company e-mail, but every now and then, Outlook will attempt to send an e-mail through the Exchange server. This causes NDR's because Exchange is not setup with the live domain e-mail address of the company (nor can it be - because t...

Exchange Restore #6
Can anyone please help me with an exchange 5.5 SP 4 restore? I need to restore a mailbox and have being trying to restore just the Information Store with Veritas 9.0, but keep getting "JET_err.." error messages when trying to run isinteg -patch. I have setup a server as near as possible to the email server (i.e. OS, Regional Settings, disk size and name). Exchange is setup the same on both servers as well. Does anyone know how to consistently restore an Information Store? Ste are you restoring from an "offline" backup? you only have to run isinteg -patch when re...

retreive email from windows 2000
my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft 2003, so that means I have email with outlook. My question is how can I get my old email account from windows 2000 to go with my new email at outlook 2003 In news:B382F7A3-5F1F-49B3-8F4C-DC12231BF048@microsoft.com, eco12759 <eco12759@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing > files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft > 2003, so that means I have email with out...

How to restore contacts after upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2007
Hi We have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2007. Some of our users have Contacts set up in the old Exchange. Apparently they were not moved into new Exchange. We have used PST's to successfully restore old mail. But contacts and calendars is another thing. I searched this group with the string "how to restore contacts in Exchange 2007" but didn't get any hits. Please help. Thanks On Feb 16, 9:56 am, "murthy_gandik...@yahoo.com" <soup_or_po...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > We have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2007. Some of our users > h...

exchange over WEB
i can view my exchange over the web with no problem NOW. But how do I get to view other peoples calendars or make changes to it? Thanks. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:04:46 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >i can view my exchange over the web with no problem NOW. But how do I get >to view other peoples calendars or make changes to it? > >Thanks. > Assuming you have rights to the other persons folders you can access them using this convention: https://server.domain.com/exchange/MAILBOX/FOLDER Where MAILBOX is the alias for the other user Where FOL...

Reserving Conference Rooms using Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP)
When I invite several people for a meeting, I also reserve a conference room. Once a conference room is selected it appears in the Location field of the meeting invite in Outlook. In our company we have large number of conference rooms, many of which are frequently booked. Is it possible to write a macro such that it would search through the list of available conference rooms and find the one that is not already booked, for the time I need it? The conference rooms all start with the same prefix in the Outlook list of addresses. Thanks for any guidance/suggestions! Yes, it's possible...

Rename drop list column heads
I have a situation where the table field names that provide data for the columns in a combo box are too long and I can not rename the fields. Is there anyway to rename column heads in this combo box drop list? Hi. Open the table in design view. In the properties for each field is one called "Caption". You can type in what caption you would like the user to see. For example, if you have a field named "custname", you can put "Customer Name" in the caption property, and that is how it will show up on forms, combo boxes, list boxes, etc. Hope...