Exchange 2000 Default mailbox size

Hi to all!
I'm auditing every mailbox in our Organization all is set to default limit
size. I'd like to know is how much is the size in MB for a default mailbox
size in Exchange 2000.

Thanks in Advanced.

Emslan
0
emslan (19)

Hi Emslan,

There is no default limit for mailbox size, you need to set this limit.
Also Exchange 2000 does not set any Default message size limits (Send &
Receieve), as Exchange 2003 now does.

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

"emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all!
> I'm auditing every mailbox in our Organization all is set to default limit
> size. I'd like to know is how much is the size in MB for a default mailbox
> size in Exchange 2000.
>
> Thanks in Advanced.
>
> Emslan

0
ben.hoffman (411)
5/29/2005 11:00:01 AM
You mean to say that if I check the box (Use Store Mailbox Defaults) on
Mail-enabled user properties the owner has no limit. So I must set the MB
size on the properties.

Thanks A Lot for your Prompt Reply,
"Ben Hoffman" wrote:

> Hi Emslan,
>
> There is no default limit for mailbox size, you need to set this limit.
> Also Exchange 2000 does not set any Default message size limits (Send &
> Receieve), as Exchange 2003 now does.
>
> Regards
> --
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>
> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi to all!
> > I'm auditing every mailbox in our Organization all is set to default limit
> > size. I'd like to know is how much is the size in MB for a default mailbox
> > size in Exchange 2000.
> >
> > Thanks in Advanced.
> >
> > Emslan

0
emslan (19)
5/29/2005 11:20:05 AM
Hi Emslan,

Yep that is correct.
To set a mailbox storage limit open Exchange System Manager, and Navigate to
your Mailbox store right click properties, then click the Limits tab. Check
and enter a figure for each limit you want to enable. Remember these limits
are in KiloBytes so 100MB would be 100,000

Regards
--

> You mean to say that if I check the box (Use Store Mailbox Defaults) on
> Mail-enabled user properties the owner has no limit. So I must set the MB
> size on the properties.
>
> Thanks A Lot for your Prompt Reply,
> "Ben Hoffman" wrote:
>
>> Hi Emslan,
>>
>> There is no default limit for mailbox size, you need to set this limit.
>> Also Exchange 2000 does not set any Default message size limits (Send &
>> Receieve), as Exchange 2003 now does.
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Ben Hoffman
>> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
>> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>>
>> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi to all!
>> > I'm auditing every mailbox in our Organization all is set to default
>> > limit
>> > size. I'd like to know is how much is the size in MB for a default
>> > mailbox
>> > size in Exchange 2000.
>> >
>> > Thanks in Advanced.
>> >
>> > Emslan

0
ben.hoffman (411)
5/29/2005 12:24:09 PM
Thanks a lot Ben,

I hope to hear you again.

Emslan

"Ben Hoffman" wrote:

> Hi Emslan,
>
> Yep that is correct.
> To set a mailbox storage limit open Exchange System Manager, and Navigate to
> your Mailbox store right click properties, then click the Limits tab. Check
> and enter a figure for each limit you want to enable. Remember these limits
> are in KiloBytes so 100MB would be 100,000
>
> Regards
> --
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>
> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You mean to say that if I check the box (Use Store Mailbox Defaults) on
> > Mail-enabled user properties the owner has no limit. So I must set the MB
> > size on the properties.
> >
> > Thanks A Lot for your Prompt Reply,
> > "Ben Hoffman" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Emslan,
> >>
> >> There is no default limit for mailbox size, you need to set this limit.
> >> Also Exchange 2000 does not set any Default message size limits (Send &
> >> Receieve), as Exchange 2003 now does.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> --
> >> Ben Hoffman
> >> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> >> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
> >>
> >> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
emslan (19)

Connection to Exchange Server #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on a WIN2000 machine with SP4 I cannot connect to the exchange server (2003). I have done 7 machines (all WIN 2000) and they work, the 8th machine keeps giving me "The action could not be completed. The connection to the mIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I have no TCP/IP problems. Can ping the server by IP and Name. Any help would be appreciated. Charles What authentication do you have set for this one machine? Does creating a new mail profile fix it? --� Milly Staples ...

Change Exchange 2003 Server Name
I am researching if it is possible to change the name of our Exchange 2003 server. I've heard this is possible (perhaps incorrectly) with Service Pack 2, but I can find no documentation of this in the release notes. Not changing out servers -- it will be the same server, and no other changes will be be made, just that we want to change the name of it, say, for example, from EXCHANGESERV to EXCH. Is this possible (with service pack 2 or without)? Thanks. No, it is not possible to change the name of the server. At least not if you want Exchange to still function afterwards. Sorry....

Out of Office with default forwarding
I have a client running SBS 2003. Some of their staff have all their mail forwarded to an external mail account, but still want to enable the Out of Office Assistant when on leave. For some of these users with forwarded mail boxes the assistant works correctly, for other it will not work at all. I have compared the settings of users that it works for against those that it doesn't and can find no differences. Its almost as if for some users the forwarding rule executes before the Out of Office rule, for others the sequence is reversed. Any way of controlling this to make sure the Out...

Mail Size increase???
Hi Here in my organization I have one Backend and one Frontend server with Exchange 2003. Our current inbound and outbound messge limit is 4MB and i need to increase it. I have changed this settings under SMTP Connectors, Galobal Settings and Routing Group but still new settings are not affecting. Did i missing something. Please help me out. Regards TK "TK" <taj_ksa@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi >Here in my organization I have one Backend and one >Frontend server with Exchange 2003. Our current inbound >and outbound messge limit is 4MB and i need to increase >...

Undoing LINKS in Excel 2000
I am Using Excel 2000 and I have a worksheet that is LINKED to data in a completely seperate workbook that was deleted weeks ago. I still get the annoying boxes that say "file not found." How do I UNDO the links that still exist to this files that was deleted? Hi use the following addin to find these links: goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jayceejay" <jayceejay@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:929ED98...

Paper Size settings in Report Wizard
Does anybody know how to tell the report wizard in CRM 4.0 to set the paper size when printing to A4 instead of letter. When you generate a new report with the wizard the paper size is automatically set to letter. Any ideas where the report takes the parameters from? Many thanks ina advance Christian ...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

HELP: Incoming Internet mails delay by the SMTP Connector at Exchange 2003 frontend
We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, unfreeze didn't help. I can use telnet to port 25 of the backends to send a message instantly without any delay. So why the mails always get delay by the connector? Thanks Anything configured in the delivery options tab of your connector? James Chong andyhwconnet@hotmail.com wrote: > We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice > mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, > unfreeze didn't hel...

Mailbox permissions changing from user to custom
I am currently having a problem with clients not being able to access their mailbox. When they try, they get an error stating that "You do not have permission to open this folder". I look at the permissions on the individual mailbox and notice that in the window titled "Windows NT accounts with permissions", the role has changed from user to custom. I have looked on knowledge base but their cause/solution does not apply. Has anyone else come across this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Make sure that Primary NT account is set to what it should be. J...

Outlook 2000 #148
I have a user who cannot access the "customize" button in Outlook Today. When you click on it, nothing happens, has anyone ever seen this? Thanks. ~Amy ...

Exchange 2003 and NAS Server
I have hear from someone that they are going to move there exchange database files to the NAS running Windows. Is this possible, I thought not but just wanted to check? Aloha Dave, It's possible under some circumstances. See if this helps: http://www.petri.co.il/exchange_on_nas_proved_and_approved.htm -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > I have hear from someone that they are going to move there exchange > database files to the NAS running Windows. Is this possible, I...

Inserting pictures into Excel Sheet at a particular size
We have about 50 pictures we need to print for an in-house brochure. We have decided to import each picture into an Excel sheet. We decided to do that because we want to type a caption underneath the picture. We want the picture to print landscape on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper. We have the margins set to .5" on each side. We want each picture we import to be the exact same size. Basically, the picture will fill the grid area from A1 to L29. When we import a picture, it uses a grid size of A1 to Z62. That means we have to resize each of these 50 pictures. We do...

How do you send mail from two mailbox's in one Outlook Profile?
Does anyone know how to configure a user to be able to send mail from two different mailbox's within the same Outlook profile? I have two exchange 2003 servers and some users need the ability to be able to send mail from two different mailbox's. I am aware of the send on behalf feature but I need to be able to send mail from each mailbox is it has to appear is came from the correct domain address .. E.G one mailbox has an address of john@my-company.com on one server and the second mailbox has an address of john@our-company.com on the other server. I need to be able to reply or create...

Exchange 2003 and NDR
Hello A little trouble with NDR configuration. I want to avoid NRD messages to Internet or also to my AD users. I'd like to concentrate all the NDR messages on a postmaster's address. The Exchange 2003 server manages the local domain (AD) and my society's internet domain (@masociete.com) I have cleared the parameter "Allow non-delivery reports " in the Global Settings and add the postmaster address under Under Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/Protocols/SMTP. And after, I have restarted Exchange. But it seems to not work. If i send a mail to a...

font size too small

Outlook 2000 SP3
1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change in forwarded text? 2. Can I turn this off? Try again please. I'm sure there is a question in here somewhere. Provide sufficient detail for us to discern what it might be. Please keep in mind that we can't read your mind. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ddddd" <ddddd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6041BFB2-A0DE-49DB-8FD4-009C8D02DDB9@microsoft.com... > 1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change > in > forwarded text? > 2. Can I t...

LDIFDE very slow when run from Exchange server.
Hello, We've setup a test network consisting of a W2K3 DC and an E2K3 server with about 500 mailbox-enabled users. When we run an LDIFDE export on the DC, it completes in a few seconds. On the Exchange server, the same export takes several minutes. Any idea why it would take so long on the Exchange server? There is nothing strange in the event viewer. Bother servers have a similar spec, incl 100mbit n/w cards. Thanks in advance, - Alan. Other than the fact that you are running the export across the network, perhaps your network cards are not correctly auto-negotiating 100Mb/s. I ...

How do you convert an add-in from acc 2000 to acc 2007?
We have a bunch of access add-ins that we created in acc 2000. Trying to upgrade to acc 2007 but we can't seem to get the add-ins to work. Is there a equivalent to the USYSREGINFO? We can't even find the table (or any system tables) when we open the original myaddin.mda in acc 2007. If there is a different way to register it, anyone know how? We were able to find the add-in manager and add the add-in. Could not edit the path where the add-in shuold be copied because we couldn't update the USYSREGINFO. Any help, pointers, guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. Z. Comments ...

Word 2007: Create a referenced date control with a default date
I am trying to do the following for a client: A template for a letter has a locked (grouped, but not protected) section on the first page containing content controls for name, address and date. On the following pages there is a header with REF fields referencing bookmarks around the content controls on the first page. This works fine for copying the data to the header. Now I want a default date in the date control on the first page, so I add a CREATEDDATE field inside the control. This gets filled in automatically when the document is generated, and the user can change the d...

missing close box in excel 2000
On the top of the screen in Excel there is usually a minimize, a maximize, and a close box. These are all missing. How can I restore them? As far as I know nothing was done to remove them, they just went away. The computer is running Win98SE -- dmtech ...

Outlook 7 does not connect to exchange after Windows 7 upgrade
I recently “upgraded” to Windows 7 and to my dismay have come to find that Outlook can no longer connect to the exchange server. I tried recreating my profile, a complete re install, and turning off all anti-virus and firewalls to no avail. In addition when trying to activate the software after the reinstall I get the following error “a communication error has occurred. Please verify that you have connectivity (0x80072EE2)” I have connectivity because I can get on the web; I also had the same activation problem with Windows 7 if this helps at all. Please help! "Petro008&q...

Foreign mailbox creation
I am looking for a way to create foreign mailbox's like in Exchange 5.5 for Exchange 2003 server. I am running a native mode Win2K forest and want to migrate all users to a single domain. I need a way for the sales dept to add customers to a shared address container. Reply to robertt@clinicomp.com Thanks! do you mean "custom recipients"? you probaby want to either create "mail-enabled" contacts in your AD, or create a public contacts folder that contains all your foreign addresses... "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

CDO or Mapi for searching mailbox, sending mail
Hello guys, can you please advise which library is the most current and suitable for my task. I need to search and find mail in my mailbox based on sender and subject criteries, construct 'replay all' mail, edit it, attach files and send it. I see some of it can be done with CDO, all can be done with MAPI. However I am not sure which one should I use. ...

Help, please: to remove Outlook 2000 ?
Help, please... On a pretty good Win XP PC, I need to upgrade from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I installed Outlook and it imported all the folders/messages/identities from OE6. Outlook 2000 starts up, and all seems fine, and I'm looking at the new message that it created... "Welcome to Outlook 2000". If I try to view any other message, it locks up. I see the perpetual hourglass. It's dead. I want to Remove it, then re-install it. How do I remove it? I went to Control Panel, Add or remove programs... it's not there. Add/remove Windows components... it'...

saving in publisher 2000
I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not able to read please can someone help with this? papeco wrote: > I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for > copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file > only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not > able to read please can someone help with this? ...